The baby girl squirrel is so adorable. she is timid and polite but bold enough to come in , keep me company for the price of a nut.
Makes herself quite at home.
The house bathed in light! I am loving these dry bright days !
I can watch the willow growing daily ! It is really top heavy, loses major branches in winter snow, and is looking like it wants a summer hair cut. I certainly am...but can not have my hair cut until my neck is better. I go about looking like a homeless old woman, stringy thin hair, damp from the extraordinary heat...( 69 degrees)
(another eye roll....)
Comfy on the railing, She snoozes while the crow dips cheese into the bird bath to moisten it for consumption. Clever Crow.
Endlessly entertaining , watching my crow and squirrel.
Bringing wool back to the house to stab, though I can not get too carried away with felting yet, Feels like there is a serrated knife in my neck, so I have to just do a bit at a time.
Flowers, always mindless and easy to form. Making things for December already because as you know, it all takes so much time! Can not put off until December first to start thinking about the Festival of Lights where I hope to sell out to a huge crowd. ( like that ever happens in this town!)
Flowers are people pleasers, though, even if they do not sell, they are good to give away.
At the front door.
Pale Lobelia and geraniums.
So cheerful.
Summer light is GOOD!
Pale Lobelia and geraniums.
So cheerful.
Summer light is GOOD!
The light usually fades to gold at about ten o'clock pm.
The glow at that time is moody , and quiet.
And WOW haven't we all been in a funk as of late.
Feeling as though the light is slipping from this nation like water pouring from a wide mouthed bucket.
Feeling as though the light is slipping from this nation like water pouring from a wide mouthed bucket.
This , is good advice probably...
Found it on Mildly Offensive Fiber Arts page on FB. (MOFA)
Somebody must have had a mother with bad or no eyebrows ...
Take note...here is my maybe bad advice- get out of the country , NOW, forever if you can...This is likely the point at which German's realized it was time to leave before the borders close in ...
I am waiting anxiously for November's elections to see if we are more fucked or just slightly more fucked.
Putting money into
Canadian account and possible one in the UK.
Shit's getting too real, folks!
Enjoy your squirrels while ye may!

I have terrible eyebrows. What does THAT mean?
ReplyDeleteOh dear.
I love your squirrel. And your crow.
I think you may be right about the bank accounts and so forth. Shit.
At the base of my spine where intuition seems to get it's juice, has been feeling suspicious...like a big warning, do not ignore!! Then my brain says" oh just quit being so overly dramatic and give it a rest...all will be well because, well, it just has to be". Our life's savings could be frozen at the drop of the MAGA hat...not a bad idea to put it elsewhere...
DeleteI consider it hopeful that even many Republicans are breaking ranks with Trump over his criminal policies. If he gets re-elected, though, all bets are off!
ReplyDeleteIt's so great to see your sunny landscape!
In the paper this morning it states that Rumpsters are galvanized not by rumps antics but by the press he receives, They want to PROTECT him and HE is the victim! The media is too focused on his antics and drama, and perhaps ought to be watching the wrecking crew behind him.
DeleteAnd YES, the light is a marvelous thing!!! Glorious!
I have been wondering myself about what signs and events made Germans realize it was time to leave. Right now I feel like the I’m the iconic story a frog slowly boiling in water, the changes so regular and constant it’s had to hold the true dimensions of it. I appreciate your not mincing words. On a brighter note your home looks radiant in that photo. Love the large deck.
ReplyDeleteProbably we are all feeling like the slow boiling frog a bit...and still in shock every day as the absurdity ramps itself up.
DeleteWhen (rare) the sun shines, it is a whole new world up here!
I do appreciate the deck and so do the crows, blue jays, squirrels and raccoons. It is large enough for a party , but no body is in the mood.
I'm focused on November. I can't bear any other planning right now.
ReplyDeleteGood to focus on November- a but of hope out there in the future.
DeleteI registered to vote again just to be sure!
I love your felty flowers and your touch with wild things, birds and squirrels coming in the house. so hard to know what to do. I guess November will tell the tale.
ReplyDeleteIt pretty much hinges on a blue wave, fingers crossed!
DeleteSquirrel and crow remind us to enjoy the now. But it's also a good idea to remember the ant and stash and plan for a winter. I love sweet little squirrel and that you are having awesome weather to help you heal. I'm also hoping November will bring out voters, especially the young with an eye on the future. They've seen enough of what comes from greed and ignorance.
ReplyDeleteOh so true Leenie! Counting on the youngsters to bail us out - they are smarter and have more energy to take to the streets.
DeleteThank you, my emergency surgery was good on it's timing, healing in the light is way better than the cold damp darkness of the usual PNW. I am grateful for that!
Baby squirell is SO CUTE, she gets bullied , of course , but I invite her in for her fill of nuts and a rest in the ficus, the bullies have to wait outside.