The thing that looks like a very large ring on my finger was used to steady tiny cotton balls, the other glass tray was used for mixing .
I stuck someone's card in the ring, some plastic birds out of the top top and VOILA! A new thing to make you wonder "what is she thinking?" Well, the card is unusual in that the lady has a mouse on her neck batting her ear ring and she is fine with that. Also it is a great little vessel to house wedding cake plastic doves on sticks. What else is one to do with them?
The fence dilemma is solved everyone involved is happy. It's purpose is to discourage the raccoons as they have made a toilet out of the side of the road. Fence will be built. Party is over, sorry little family. The fine for purposely feeding wildlife in this town is $175.00 . (worth it ,actually ,for the pleasure of watching/loving them) This morning, last video of mother and child eating kibbles on our deck. The humans are cross, the family will have to stay in the forest from now on.( I am probably lying.)
Blogger has been glitching lately as you have noticed. If Blogger gunny bags I will surely lose main interaction with the world of the best sort of lovely humans. Also storage of personal records of this and that in my small life would be lost. I frequently check my old posts to see what I may have been up to a few years ago or even just yesterday. Short attention span.Having grown up in isolation- I am not a fan . Solitude is a choice - isolation is circumstantial - not the best state to be in. If blogger crashes and burns , as things are wont to do these days, I may have to take up scrap booking or something to keep my oars in the water. I still have cigar boxes to dink with and loads of art supplies. I may survive.
anyway-
Time for a cup of tea- join me , won't you? No biscuits on hand but I do have a bag of kibble, and crumpets with honey. Your choice.
Cheers have a beautiful sunny end of summer day! LOVE
PS- the eye guy said that I could only be gone for about a week so my fantastic trip across the Atlantic will never be reality. Farewell England, Goodbye London. Thou shalt not see me again.






You can bet the raccoons will not be bothered by the fence. They'll find a way to visit you. I have no doubt.
ReplyDeleteAs for the fence advocates, I'd consider blocking their views of the deck where the raccoon family likes to visit. The neighbors need to mind their own business and not interfere when there is no need. Without views, the neighbors will have nothing to say. And of course, you and I know nothing!
Raccoons are protected in MA and they roam freely.
I thought your eye treatments were once a month. How do they calculate a requirement for a one-week vacation? Alternatively, doesn't your US eye doc have a friend in London that could see you if required.
That is my comment above, Susan.
ReplyDeleteOh Hi Susan, I knew it was you. The raccoons will find a way for sure and the deer also. Fences are minor annoyances. As for my eye guy- the jabs are every four to six weeks and the light therapy is every week three time for three months. and then a break of two. If I wanted to go to England via ocean liner that would take seven days to and seven day fro. I would not have time to stay at destination for long enough to make it worth my dollar. My Us eye guy has no friends...
DeleteSad that you will never see London again. I'm sure the racoons will find a way to get to your deck for their daily kibble.
ReplyDeleteI am sad too. That's the way it goes in this life!
DeleteOh, dammit. No trip to London. A million fucking hells. I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteYou know- there is always Word Press and Substack. We could probably figure that out. Of course, if we lose everything we've already posted on Blogger it's gonna be bad. I just feel like it's inevitable but looking at the situation from a more cosmic perspective- so what? Nothing lasts forever.
I say that now.
Gosh I love your little tiny Dove and Lady with Mouse. Truly and really.
There will be a way, we will find it because we MUST! Blogger is just being cranky probably.
DeleteI love the glass that the doves sit in, on sticks. It looks like water!
Those are some very cool old dental dishes. Well, boo to your crappy neighbors. Blogger has stopped updating my blogroll and reading list. I have to go to each blog by clicking on the title to see if there is a new post. I gather no one is getting notified of my new posts either since page views are down. If Blogger tanks we can always migrate to WordPress.
ReplyDeleteBlogger has been so easy but lately no post update notifications and iffy photo uploads. , we should probably "save" old posts because they could get disappeared any minute now. I love the vintage dental stuff especially the glass things.
DeleteI really really hope blogger does not tank. I started in 2008, that's a lot of words. This is my external hard drive, really. How does one backup Blogger, and then put it where? AAAAAAgh.
ReplyDeletemaybe a thumb drive? I don['t trust that blogger will continue- something is wrong- maybe they have put AI in charge.
DeleteThat fence may not be the deterrent the builder thinks it will be. Raccoons are resourceful if nothing else. They'll be back on your deck in short order. Bad news on the eye, truly sorry for you on that.
ReplyDeleteIf the little family shows up I will give them extra grapes and say HOORAY. Raccoons are clever monkeys so the fence will only keep the deer out.
DeleteYes, I am feeling sorry for myself at. the moment- a right cry baby. BUT I don't think that going all the way BLIND would be a good idea. So, nope to travel, nope to bangers and mash in the pub...
I still keep hoping that with a helpful companion, you could fly, and even a week would really work for you. The shortest trip I did ( for Dad's retirement) was only three nights but worth it. Our working PanAm trips were of course ridiculously short, 24 hour layovers. Keep planning...
ReplyDeleteJanF
A week would be futile. Not worth the expense nor the hassle. Especially going by boat. I am not keen on flying anymore even thought there are two pilots willing to highjack a plane for me...
DeleteSorry about your eye "tether". I would love it if you and both your eyeballs could do another London trip.
ReplyDeleteNice creativity from the dental doodads.
Alas, the eyes have it...and they vote 'nay'...
Deletedamn the eyes but you would have been bored on a liner crossing - a ship full of vacuous people and nothing to look at but sea (tell yourself that and rejoice in the wildlife and colour at hand.)
ReplyDeleteWell, don't give up on London yet. Things may improve in the future -- and if not, you could come to London for a week! Nothing says you have to stay for months.
ReplyDeleteI've missed this news about the raccoons, so I clearly have to catch up on your earlier posts.
I'm sorry about England. Don't give up -- and even a week is better than no week! I'm glad Blogger LOOKS like it's back. I'm catching up with you. A very cute, useful glass!
ReplyDelete