My Blog List

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

The Coup, Burn the man, thrift store things and a bonked bird

 

So it goes, nail on the head, but we ain't dead yet !!  As things tumble in the most insane way, we carry on. 

Sally and Anna returned from Burning man , had amazing time and when asked about the relentless dust storms , blinding everyone and tearing them to shreds, Sally did not hesitate- "I grew up in Wyoming, I can handle anything!" True that! Growing up in Wyoming was great training.

 


They took the van so had shelter.From the window they watched thick playa dust and wind,   while comfortably  tucked inside playing Jenga.  They  managed to get out into it and sometimes the storm stopped for a few minutes, at least long enough to take a photo beneath the guy!

When Sally got home late Monday night- she slept for 12 hours straight, found this in the van this morning- 

 

Dirty  coffee cup , used panties  wadded up in it plus a gifted tiny bottle of Fireball whiskey- Isn't that typical?  A good time was had.


 

Janny sent this photo this morning, All is well, Her daughter picked up her new dress at a Korean market. Happy Janny. She is loving her new digs in Hope Valley, RI.  Their house sold, They are free.
 


Grandson will be here for another couple of days and then will move on to middle son's spare apartment while waiting for word about Seattle's rental. It is so complicated to rent these days. The kids have to jump through many hoops and spend cash just to apply. There are no guarantees and might fold at the last minute. The poor kid left hanging in the no zone.
 
Senior discount day enticed  me to see what there was to see.  I came away with a basket and two hand made paper journal books with funny little markers. The hand made paper is soft and pliable, wonderful for ink and Posca pens. 
 
 

The neighbors want to complete a fence across our three back yards blocking the animal trail. That's the thing about living in town. The un-wilding boxing in  of human control. I am not a fan.
Goldfinch trying to shake off a bonk to the glass door, sitting on the deck just now . It flew off after  flopping around  for a bit.  I had my fingers crossed - that must have done the trick. 
 
That's it- caught up  with friends and thrift store. Another beautiful day.
 
 
 
 



12 comments:

  1. I love Janny's dress, but used panties? Urk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No place to wash them in the desert but in a coffee cup?? I love Janny's dress too, beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I have to tell you that the idea of traveling a far way to spend my time in a van playing Jenga while a dust storm raged outside is far more nightmare than dream.
    Janny looks happy and beautiful.
    If the wildlife trail gets cut off, does that mean you won't be getting any more deer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, for me, Burning man is not my cup of tea. Attendance was down by thousands this year. It has become too difficult and too commercial attracting the super wealthy in RVs. The art is astonishing...but one can see that online without playa lung .
      Janny is doing very well and LOVES Rhode Island. Good for the family and her tiny grand children.
      Deer will not be able to get into or out of the back yard where they like to snooze. Just another change, living in the. hood, in town,, with people all around.

      Delete
  3. I'm old, I get it, but that just does not look like fun to me. Cool new dress on Janny and I love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i think we can all take that off of our bucket list immediately. Burning Man is no longer a thing. Janny looks fabulous, the dress is gorgeous and all is well, except that she is missed greatly. I boo hoo about her absence- I am selfish.

      Delete
  4. The Middle East is just another disaster that has just been made worse by #47 and BN.
    Sally and Anna look like supermodels in the desert for a photo shoot. It appears they enjoyed Burning Man. What works for some is not for all. I can't imagine being in the middle of a sandstorm.
    Janny looks very happy in her beautiful new dress. I am glad she likes RI and being near her family.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally and Anna are adventurers, doing everything imaginable in this life. Their heritage is abundant with adventurers, old family stuff from way back. So, Sally and Anna come by it honestly. Family history full of remarkable women stepping out of the box into "can do" exceptionalism.
      Yes, Janny is happy - long overdue. R.I. has been kind so far.

      Delete
  5. They did it - Burning Man - and lived to tell. True that about Wyoming!
    I love Janny's dress. She and it go perfectly together. You have fun friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange markers those - almost creepy. Janny and her dress look inspirational - like we all want to be that happy. Dust storms definitely not ideal but what is a famous festival without its weather? Glastonbury is famous for mud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to catch up. You are the only blog that has posted since blogger went upside down and isn't posting anything new. On another note, have you followed the I love Fing Australia substack? I think you'd love it. It has less to do with Australia than our own fearless leader and believe me, he is NOT a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janny's dress is great. Too bad about the fence. My dad was a huge fan of building fences -- he had fences within fences on his property. If I were to buy it the first thing I would do is tear out every single fence.

    ReplyDelete