The patience this must have taken is admirable. The sweet tiny photo in the center is surely a beloved person.
Found At the thrift shop for a dollar.
This mohair bear with suede paws found in the dolly bin. Do I need another bear? Yes, Yes I do.
I bought a cigar box with "Olivia" on it to give to Olivia with something inside for Christmas. I bought a tiny shopping cart for Flora and Emmett , filled it with groceries and took it to their house. The house was quiet so I tip- toed in as I thought they were napping. Turns out they had only gone to pick Flora up from the school bus. I missed out!Had blip biopsied, it is a cancer thing that must be dealt with, I guess. Driving my truck in the harsh Wyoming sunshine and wind with my left arm resting on the open window for days and years - bound to cause damage. So far that is the only blip to be removed. Sally has had several- she is the winner so far.
Keeka sent some photos- She bloody well climbed all the way to the summit to watch the sunrise. Nine to eleven hour ascent , five to six back down. Elevation sickness does occur frequently as well and utter exhaustion. I do not look at this mount and say " MUST CLIMB, must die" .
On to Tokyo after crashing on the table due to the strenuous climb, boyfriend traveling with her - to go separate ways after Indonesia- Keeka to Australia and boyfriend back to Seattle. Mount Fugi looks as mysterious as Brigadoon. appearing out of no where and a bit surreal. Like the island in lake Williston, northern BC. Can't be traced and shifts all of the time. fishermen spotted it- as large as a Canadian football field maybe larger. Went back out in the afternoon to take photos and it was gone.
Explanations are hit and miss but they reckon it is a collection of debris and drift wood supporting a forest that bobs, moves and behaves like a land mass. It was spotted on google earth - then it wasn't.
Lil Stumpy has not returned. Dennis saw coyote poos in the yard.
The end.









The mohair teddy bear looks to be in great condition. I loved Japan when I was there. Apparently, Mt Fuji is very hard to photograph because it is almost constantly in fog, mist or haze. Getting a clear shot of it is a great good fortune!
ReplyDeleteYes the bear is pristine. Cute isn't it.
DeleteClimbing to the summit is insane, especially in the dark to get there for sunrise! Crazy.
Nice finds at the thrift store! Teddy is lovely and the shopping carriage must have been a real hit for Flora and Emmett. The handmade frame is beautifully made. I would not know where to begin to make something like that.
ReplyDeleteKeeka is having the adventure of a lifetime. She looks happy and the picture of youth and vitality. Climbing Mt. Fuji is an amazing accomplishment.
Susan
Keeka is super human, I just know it!
DeleteThe mystery frame made of thread is a curious thing- I don't know how the artist did weave the front so nicely.
I am not so sure that Flora or Emmett like. the shopping cart...but I DO!
I would not be climbing any mountains either, glad boyfriend was there for her when she "crashed" after comng down. Also glad you had that blip removed, will you need further treatment? 🤞🤞 Fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDeleteeven when I was young , a good hiker and outdoorsy, I would not have been enticed by mount Fugi. Pretty sure that Keeka will not do that again. Super Wonder child, she! I am sure that whileliving in Australia she will be up for the outback and adventures in the sea!
DeleteTeddy is super cute and arrived at the right home.
ReplyDeleteI have always loved those little shopping carts too!. JanF
This little cart is specifically made for play by a Co. "douglas and melissa- quality toys. The family of four live in a small bungalow , no room for another thing so I will go pick it up and bring it here for when they come over. It is very sturdy, could house house plants ...The bear is a winner!
DeleteI love the frame. You had a great haul at the thrift store. The littles will love their new cart. Yikes on Keeka and yikes on you, too. Sorry to hear you will have to go through the treatment, but at least there is treatment. Hang in!
ReplyDeletePretty sure it will be a mohs surgery, not pleasant but a good reason to read a book for the hours that that takes.
DeleteMount Fuji looks just like it does in all the Japanese prints. Never occurred to me that people climb it but of course they do. Great little shopping cart. Much sturdier than the plastic one Harrison was pushing around the other day.
ReplyDeleteit is a very sturdy cart and will not tip over, could carry a pup or a kid, a very small kid...anyway, no room. for it at Emms so it will have to come back to live i n my house.
DeleteDamn on the blip. I'm glad they found it and got it. I'm surprised I have skin at all after my lifetime of being outside in Florida.
ReplyDeleteThe shopping cart is a winner! Yes! Who doesn't want their own shopping cart? And the bear...does he have a name? He is so beautiful. The picture frame? I feel sort of the same about that as I would about climbing a giant mountain which is to say, "Why?"
I think there are two types of people in the world. Those who look at a mountain and think, "That peak will be mine!" and those who say, "Good Lord, no."
you have hit nail. on head! Two types of folks- the can do and the WHY? I can understand the frame though- meditative with less physical exertion. Like a puzzle. Mr. Bear is a stunner- so well made by hand- mohair, pristine- what was it doing in. the dolly bin for a few dollars??? Anyway , he is home now.
DeleteWell, I'm glad you caught the blip. I grew up in lots of sunshine before sunscreen was a thing. Blips are common for our generations, but sorry you have to deal with one.
ReplyDeleteMount Fuji is a "must do" when in Japan, or so I'm told. Keeka, the adventurer!
It is a steady stream of climbers daily! I would find that off putting at the get. go! Not a very beautiful hike either- lots of rocks and dirt and uphill. all the way! Hours and hours of cold dark climbing. Gets a big NOPE from this house!
Deletethe blip is troubling, it is rather deep but I will see about it next week ...another doctor must do the surgery thing.
When I click on your blog roll, and I tried it on several titles, including mine, it goes to your blog. Is this a bug or a feature?
ReplyDelete