My Blog List

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Joe's flowers, Sally comes for tea, death sucks

 

My basket full of flowers and plums.

Joe's is abundant with produce right now. Plants and flowers all on sale half off. Good time to gather.

From there I went to the Import  shop to get biscuits from England and Belgium - chocolates . Sally coming over for tea... I bought Yorkshire Gold which is a bit better  than builder's tea.

Sunflowers from Joe's-
Flowers from the deck
Delicious plums from Joe's as our old lady tree is beyond fruit bearing. Sally brought dolmades and nuts, I bought ham and cheese croissants from the bakery with cucumber from the garden. All in all it was a fine tea. Sally stayed for six hours, we covered a lot of ground! 

Tales of Burning man and the LOOOONNNNGGGG drive down and back. Sally said that she thought she was the oldest person there at 74- but she is really , in spirit and body only 12. She had a pretty great time though the flashing bright neon lights and music (noise) was uncomfortable, to be polite...it was horrendous. So that is ticked off the bucket list.


 She left our pal there , with good wishes, among all of the others including beloved pets that had died. The temple this year was astonishing, she said...a beautiful structure and then on suday- ashes to ashes. 

We went through some of her photos from long ago. The girls and my Cathy. We formed quite a gang in my early twenties. The girls in Wyoming when they were wee, Sally is the youngest, Cathy is the is oldest.

They  grew  to be brilliant of course, and Wyoming hearty. No obstacle high enough or deep enough to keep any of them from pursuing lives of adventure and action, erudition and success in this world. 

Cathy died last year- dementia. I still have not reckoned . I don't believe that she is gone . Loved her deeply , ever so  grateful for our time- enriched  existence on this planet. 

Dang! Death sucks.

This morning I am off to get a blip removed , could be significant, not sure, and this afternoon - an eye jab. I will fit senior day in between just for positivity in the middle of the day.  My drug of choice, as they say. 

Keeka is hiking Japan and chasing baby monkeys. On her way to Indonesia , ultimately  Australia , where she will be working , traveling, hiking and climbing and pursuing  art /design/illustration career.  Yeah, I know- it's a lot!   

She found the rain.

Son and DIL actually have purchased a home in Portugal . No more renting. It is magnificent! Biking, country, beach and pool. The biggest plus is that they are out of this godforsaken country and that they are young enough to begin new lives where the sun shines. they got in just under the wire , before Portugal closed the gate. 

On we all go...if not for eye jabs .

This is our one sad little sunflower on the deck at sunset. no worries, Joe has MANY for a couple of dollars. They are autumnal essentials!
 


 


 



 
 


 

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blip! I bought some sunflowers today too. Safe if the cat decides to chew on them too, he’s naughty like that. Lovely flowers, vases and photos!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Barbara, sunflowers are probably good to gnaw on..Can't hurt kitty.

      Delete
  2. One sunflower is better than none and those plums look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! onhe is better than none and she is a pretty little thing, lonely , though. The plums are just right!

      Delete
  3. What a bounty of riches! I'm so glad you're enjoying what is obviously THE season to be in Washington. Glorious.
    Let us know how the blip thing goes. I hope it is definitely NOT significant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a biopsy- painless and quick. Eye jab was neither, so it goes.
      Washington right now is so beautiful - I must try to remember when winter rolls around and stays for too long! I wish I could teleport you up here for a brief look around, I would give you lots of warm clothing to wear on our autumn days. Not cold yet, just a shift...

      Delete
  4. What an awesome photo of Keeka in the rain! I hope all goes well with your health issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain was enthusiastic wouldn't you say! Like a water fall!

      Delete
  5. I agree with Debra, fantastic photo of Keeka enjoying the rain and good news about the new place in Portugal. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing happening for family with sense enough to leave the country! Although we do live contentedly up here in our little bubble , don'[t we. Beautiful right now!

      Delete
  6. Joe's looks filled to the brim with happy goodness. The flowers and fruit look outstanding. It sounds like you and Sally had a great day. Longstanding friends are the best.
    Blip removal hopefully will go well...one and done would be ideal.
    The eye jab is bothersome and time consuming but if it works, from my perspective, it is worth it.
    Keeka looks very happy in the tropical rains.
    Buying a home in Portugal is a great accomplishment. Owning feels more permanent and that's always good.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. owning does indeed feel like they are sticking to their decision. Citizenship next? Not sure how that works. The banks in Portugal are complicated and do not function well, they have found. Always something but at least they are free from the daily madness of this country. Better air.
      Glad for the injections, otherwise i would be more blind than would be comfortable.
      Your harvest season must look like ours- lots going on in the fall. Remarkably flowers are STILL blooming!

      Delete
  7. Portugal closed the door?! Well, poot. It was number one on my list if I ever skedaddled. Guess I'll have to settle for Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait forever- like eating an ice cream cone- you have to move on it! I don't think. that you would leave, not really. BUT Mexico would suit you, there are some fine places down there. Weather and barefooted- yes it would be your cuppa!

      Delete
  8. Love that photo of Keeka, she looks happy in the rain. Re death, we're all starting to hear those footsteps behind us.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when my doctor said "looks like you will live a long time..." I groaned and said "NOOOO"., she laughed and agreed that she, too , had reservations about living beyond shelf life in this world. . At this point with climate change, A I , fascists and stupid disease taking over- pollution and lack of water...I see no future that I would want to live in. So, I will not be taking bone shite that just makes patients feel sick all the time...I will take my bones with me to the grave!

      Delete
  9. Seems that blogger is up to date... for now.
    Look at all that color in your lovely state! My state is "Colorful Colorado", yet i look outside and see lots of brown. Keeka in the rain, good girl!
    Here's hoping your "blip" is INsignificant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I see a holiday in Portugal in your future? I hope so. What a fun post. Charming Keeka and all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete