Went to ACE hardware today to look for the best blue I have ever seen- but had to settle for a "maybe" blue. I have a plan.
This bit of horror is motion activated and can be alarming if not expected. The young man in the paint section has murder on his mind. This horrid thing has been driving him nuts. "nothing that a hammer would not fix", says I...In the right store to find one!
I love these larger paint sample cards. I think I can use them in a crafty way. The colors are superb.
I went to the dollar tree next door to ACE. I spent $66.00 which is a hell of a lot but there were so many possibilities and christmas shite - I just know it will be gone fast. Now is the time to load up on ribbon for the year. I bought packets of small canvases and glue- always useful. Anyway, It's not like buying a boat that never gets used is it? $66.00 is pittance in the scope of things.I bought crafty supplies, pretty cool stuff, rather, it might be after I play with it for a bit. I have hopes.
I have been lusting over the Queen Mary 2 , crossing the Atlantic rather than flying. It is a much more civilized way to go, The price is not that much more , though I would have to get to NYC from here...It is just a big dream at the moment due to carrying CPAP machine, and eye jabs. That is a hurdle.
-Life is but a dream, sweetheart...-
The nasturtiums are finally unfurling and man, are they bright!
Sad beige does not stand a chance in my environment ! Vanilla trending, don't you know-Everything- houses, cars and interiors are all the same non color these days. Same same safe lack luster.
Rabbit by my window - grey and beige suit looks good on him , I guess- but a baby's room??? I would say that is child abuse.




I always say- life is too short for beige. Every time I drive past the Mormon church on my way to town (not a temple, a church, the temple is on the other side of town), I feel a great sense of disdain. The entire thing is beige and brown. Beige and brown. Beige and brown.
ReplyDeleteGet outta here with your beige and brown. And every car in the parking lot is white. Well, not really. Almost.
This is a subject I feel strongly about, obviously.
Halloween decorating has certainly changed since the days when we figured making little ghosts to tie to the branches of a tree in the front yard was going the extra mile, hasn't it?
I think the Queen Elizabeth sounds like you must do it. I can see you being the Queen of the Queen. Fabulous!
HA -HA life too short for beige, indeed! Life is too short for a lot of bullshit (Mormons) .
DeleteI didn't check the price of the Maniac in the hardware store but I am pretty sure it was more than a dollar! It is wearing a spiffy outfit, I will give it that...
Cars in the parking lot, dang!! LOTS and lots of dull metal there, My car is silver, but I got it for free so am not going to complain- its distinguishing feature is a nearly life sized sticker of the Queen waving from the back window,
The Queen Mary2 is an ocean liner not a cruise ship- stalwart old school! Maybe April would be a good month to consider crossing the Atlnatic? My eyes may prevent another trip though...dammit.
Your color swatches look good. Any of those colors would be lovely. Did you choose yet?
ReplyDeleteLife-size, talking Halloween figures are popular with some people. I find them atrocious. Having the thing inside the store must be torture for employees.
Travel to Europe by luxury ship sounds ideal.
Dollar store has some good stuff now. I was there recently and did not leave empty handed.
I can buy little tubs of all of the colors and that may be a good idea! I choose ALL!
DeleteI miss homemade Halloween, organic autumn decoration , candles in a jack=o-lantern carved that very day. Plastic is king these days. and it is dumb.
Dollar Tree is rocking the crafts dept. these days, There are some good ideas to be made for a lot less than going to Michael's or Target.
That creature is horrible. I don't understand the fascination with all things ghoulish.
ReplyDeleteThe colour swatches, on the other hand, are beautiful and such a sensible size.
The Queen Mary is the way to go - travel in luxury. We are not made to transfer speedily from one time zone to another.
Avoiding jet lag is such a bonus, can hit the ground running, catch a train out of SouthHampton to London and be there in a blink! Airports and plane rides are torturous these days and the rules are becoming less and less do-able. Getting to NYC will be the most difficult part of the trip .
DeleteI was rather piggy about taking so many swatches!
I agree with the vanilla-beige blah, babies and kids need colour to stimulate the brain and we adults need colour too. I love your paint colour samples, the blue in the middle would be my choice for something, perhaps the wall behind my tv.
ReplyDeletecolor can be off putting. I suppose if it is higgelty piggelty or non complimentary to one another. maybe muted walls make more space for colorful paintings and pillows and rugs.
DeleteI don't get those weird animated things that are being sold for Halloween, that ghoul is a perfect example.
ReplyDeleteIt costs a lot and will be stored for most of the year, forgotten and end up in a landfill- stupid stuff!
DeleteFresca here…
ReplyDeleteThat rabbit is a whole color palette in itself
—it must be at least a dozen shades of brown
The beige walls and “products” are just one.
My mother had a friend when she was in her twenties
who came from exiled Romanian royalty – –
or something like that – – I forgot —
and while he had a little money,
he would do extravagant things like paint his walls seven shades of white –
– I can’t remember if it starts with a darker white on the top
brightening as it goes down,
or the reverse—
FOR RICHNESS OF COLOR.
UNiformity of any color looks like merchandise,
not LIFE
Xo San Francisco
seven shades of white sounds pretty great- I might do seven shade of blue, or green , because that pallet suits my mood. beige kills imagination and creativity deader than a door nail.
DeleteUniformity of anything lacks imagination I reckon. BUT there I am talking about my blue room, which I love! So, I do not know what I am talking about, that is clear!
Well, but your blue room is FULL of other things! Adding interest and life.
DeleteI love beige as a neutral backdrop —so other things stand out
OMG we visited a 'high-end' furniture place on a whim yesterday (cruising through Christchurch) - everything was cream or grey. BORING. Same experience trying to find some light fittings for a kitchen... black, white or clear. What the hell happened to colour, saturated colour, bright colour,... Imagine losing your eyesight in a house full of beige - where are the references?
ReplyDeletelack of color sort of follows the mood of nations at the moment- boring clothing and boring boots. Cars are ridiculous. Women's skirts and dresses are longer and without color. I guess dye was invented for a reason. Now, it is like "don't stand out, blend, conform or you will gbe targeted.
DeleteWhen i look for furniture I always find hand made or vintage furniture to be the best.
Better than the gray and black that seem to dominate for a while. I love color on walls. When we moved in here I painted almost every room first. The bedroom ended up being a sort of mint green which I don't particularly care for. I wanted more of a forest green but everyone was saying oh it will be so dark. Well, it's a bedroom, dark is good but I let Marc pick the color. Big mistake.
ReplyDeletethe great thing about paint is itself- anything can be painted over and changed on a whim. yes it requires a granny ladder! NEVER let a man decide! Unless it is a gay man...
DeleteMy Dollar Tree doesn't have Christmas yet. I do need ribbon! Love that rabbit!
ReplyDelete