My Blog List

Saturday, August 22, 2026

A special wedding, the blue room angels, end of season dregs and glorious rain!

 
 
Thunder, glorious rain, the cosmos bobbing wondering what is happening. It is dark and cold this morning and just my cup of tea, I must say. I am a northerner- cold weather freak.
 

Today is a birthday party for Flora Jane, in their back garden. It is intended to be a disco mermaid theme so we are hoping that the rain ceases by 2:00.

These are her pumpkins growing on the space in-between the walkway and the street. The neighborhood is the nicest in town, I reckon. Little bungalows, built in the 30's,  happy families, gardens in  every available space. 
There are several friendly well cared for cats that greet us as we walk home from the coffee shop this one, Flora informed me, got married yesterday...

Flora is interested in "Love, seriously" - She had a wedding of her own when we got home. She was to marry the prince farmer. She had a bridal party in one fancy gown, a dance at the Bridal Ball in another , and the third , her wedding gown. The Prince farmer was not there as he went on vacation to Italy where he has another wife, I was told. But that was OK, he was not needed - the event was splendid. There were multiple trips to the nursedoctor's office , behind the chair, to check the bride's heart , making sure that it was deeply and truly in "serious" love. 

Everything was set - we sang operatic tunes throughout the ceremony as the bride did spin and swirl in her white gown with a veil and crown. 

(slip and head band)

The announcement was made-

"Presenting the  Married Baseball Princess of the Entire Kingdom!" 
(Flora is keen on baseball, has a pretty good arm , announces play by play  like a pro!) 

I gave Emmett his farting pig. Pig was invited to the wedding to assist in the entertainment during the  wedding  dinner of popsicles in the back garden.

Flora announced from her tree house,  to the next door neighbor that she was the baseball princess and that she got married.  He expressed joy and congratulations. All was well. 

I came home to find that Dennis had purchased a gigantic electric pan from Cost co, so that he could fry bacon on the deck.

$50.00 dollar bacon- family size! The man likes bacon. The man loves gadgets!

It will have to live in the garage when not employed. 

I took a picture of the conjoined angle heads - where they now reside in the blue room above the dresser. 
 

The little painting ,peeking out from the tiny drawer of the chest that Stella gave to me, was purchased or traded for  during the ACEO trend a few years ago.  She is my favorite.

Mint , Marjoram and parsley  picked for fragrance, stuck in a vase in the blue room - smells earthy and a bit wild.  FRESH!
 

It is still raining- doesn't look good for a  disco mermaid garden party...

Fingers crossed!

( tomatoes ripening, delish!- a handful of oregano and mint and nasturtium for the upstairs , a wilting bouquet for the piano. Season's ending...

 



The little blue creamer is one that Clarrissa made about 30 years ago. 

 

 
 

 

 


 

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Flora Jane. That is indeed the most magical, creative, enchanting kid ever! Loved the wedding -- and her announcement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The farmer prince- sounds like a perfect combo! She wasn't sure what shoes to wear- I asked if she had glass slippers, she answered YES and went to get her patent leather tap shoes. Perfect, though black.

      Delete
  2. Cheers to Flora Jane. Happy B-day princess. The party will be fabulous, rain or not.
    Choosing to wed a Prince Farmer is wise. They'll grow lots of wonderful produce. Pumpkins are only the beginning.
    The new frying pan will accommodate lots of bacon frying. Bacon is wonderful especially when you have fresh home-grown tomatoes and can make BLT's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baseball Princess - mermaid disco-
      BLT's have indeed been consumed- can't beat it! I would like to travel around this country and try every BLT in every little cafe to see if they are consistently delicious. Wouldn't that be a fine adventure, said the porky Miss...

      Delete
  3. Clearly, imagination rules supreme in your family -- well, imagination and bacon. Congrats! Aren't you worried someone will steal your jar of opium if you just leave it lying around like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagination and bacon, great album cover! Everyone is too scared of Opium, no worries. Bunch of sissies...I am not afraid of opium- if it were legal / available i would never get up off of the floor.

      Delete
  4. I saw that "family-sized skillet" yesterday at our Costco. It didn't even occur to me to buy it. I did, however, buy bacon because Costco's is the best I know.
    Flora Jane's world is so fabulous. I could not be more delighted to hear about her doctor appointments to have her heart checked for serious love.
    Please send me rain. Please.
    Your arrangements are perfect. Beauty everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bacon is a drug! who can resist bacon? Not Dennis!! He likes BIG bacon.
      Flora is always in some other land O' Magic! So fun! Ok, sending rain and chilly days your way...be patient, it will happen...

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to the baseball Princess! What a wonderful creative imagination. I love the abundance of flowers, never too much!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much is never enough- a motto to live by for sure. except fentanyl.

      Delete
  6. I like the pewter flower jug. Flora makes a beautiful bride and will be an equally beautiful mermaid. I hope the party goes well even if it has to move inside. I notice half your deck is empty of plants, you need to go back to the nursery and shop some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing- you are right- I need to go get something to fill the deck after the flowers are spent.

      Delete
  7. Your colours look so washed clean and vibrant - perfect for wedding celebrations. Our neighbours used to fry ample bacon regularly - torture. I hope Mr Man is not similarly torturing your neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have yet to have a mob of neighbors lining up for bacon- It may happen as they determine where that aroma is wafting from, but that could certainly happen! Bacon be like crack!!

      Delete
  8. The flowers on your deck look so lush and healthy! Not parched like ours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in spite of being in a three year drought, the grass is still green here and there and the flowers and fruit are abundant. something must be working...

      Delete
  9. The inventive minds of very young children before they are bludgeoned into conformity. Some do resist. I expect Flora will. We could use some rain and cooler temps and by cooler I do not mean cold.

    ReplyDelete