The lake is so overgrown with lily pads and some sort of grass weed, invasive , it looks like one could walk on/ across water. Defeats the reason to live on a lake really, it is pretty regardless and Stella did watch an otter run across her lawn.
Home on the deck this morning, wild life watch.
moments later there was a plop, baby in the bucket - my camera was not ready to catch that humiliation. Baby survived, the bucket of water didn't. I think that a bigger water source would be the next thing to get for them. Of course they would swim in it and that would be amusing.
another amusing thing- Dennis bought everyone on Orcas this device to save their lives. I have applied the Heimlich maneuver exactly once in my long life-It worked and the child lived. This gadget might be OK if the choking person could actually find it in the cupboard in time. Just as sensible to use the counter but , you know, gadgets have more cred...
Get them while they're hot! Nothing else happening here- the smoke from many fires is beginning to arrive and settle to the ground. air quality is iffy. Advise is to not go out if it can be avoided.The sunset will be impressive , as it is when it is fire season. I will let you know.










The gadget looks interesting and I can see how it works, but like you said, people need to be able to get to it in time, so one solution would be to always have one on you, hanging off a belt or in a handbag. Think of the interesting looks and conversations one would get...
ReplyDeleteHa ha Yes that was my first thought!!! have it with you at all times! Hilarious.
DeleteThose lilies are SO gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteStella's lilies are indeed gorgeous and dramatic- her yard smells like a Parisienne parfumery. That is my guess, anyway.
DeleteWell, perhaps if restaurants and dining halls kept a few of the devices around...
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning pictures, Linda Sue.
Poor little raccoon. What a shock!
Do you suppose one of those crows is a juvenile? Or is the couple a couple?
The crows may be mother and baby . I am not sure, they have been coming here for a long time, they follow Peg to the deck and then hang out for a while.
DeleteYou are right about restaurants keeping something that sucks on hand...But the Heimlich maneuver works so well I don['t know that a device is needed.
I am so impressed that you saved a child's life with the Heimlich maneuver and mention it , oh so casually! Have you thought of writing a personal book about your life just for the family. I think you, unlike me, may eventually be getting some grandchildren! JanF
ReplyDeleteI think that one just steps into Mother Mode when emergencies occur. Doing what makes sense in the moment. Family , nor anyone else, would be interested - as you know everyone has a story or two- it is just life and on we go.
DeleteErik will NOT be procreating. Flora and Emmett are IT!
Gorgeous lilies. I should get some. Maybe I should have had one of those during the years when my airway would clamp down for god only knows what reason, aspirating a little water. Finally figured out I can't drink from one of these sports bottles that you squeeze and water shoots in your mouth. Or try to breathe when I'm drinking.
ReplyDeleteaspirating water is a different thing, this device would not help.Good way to get pneumonia! You probably do need lilies! One of Stella's is five feet tall with huge blossoms! Makes her look like a garden gnome.
DeleteStella's lilies are beautiful. Are they Stargazer lilies?
ReplyDeleteHas Dennis found a newly invented lifesaving device? I've never seen anything like it.
Pond lilies put out a lovely scent. I remember swimming in a pond and picking some lilies to float in a bowl at home.
Baby raccoon had a bucket bath! The look of surprise must have been funny to see.
Your crows are enduring. That is a very sweet photo.
I love having those two crows come around daily, They ground me. Stella has all sorts of lilies - some are not successful but this summer they all seemed to be . The double lillie, the white one, is intriguing!
DeleteNot sure if the lily pads are fragrant but the garden lilies certainly are!