My Blog List

Sunday, January 18, 2026

The sky came by, a bear with attitude, orange


Oh, Hello Robin, so nice to see you! Hello sunlight, you are looking mighty fine this morning. Heavy frost sticks around until about 2:00 in the afternoon and you would think that I would be out in the wonderful daylight frolicking.  I am so conditioned to stay in that that is what I am doing. I have probably taken ten years off my life from this bad habit. I made chili. I painted a box. I ordered a coat. I watched videos of The Black Panther Party- the party of reality. 

 R-E-S-P-E-C-T. 

Don't fuck around and find out...Anyway , on the street in Philly, Black Panthers harassed by cops did not pan out well. The cops ,having been read the laws supporting open carry- turned tail and ghosted out of the neighborhood.   All the while  BP telling them that they sold out, they were  slaves, doing the bidding of white ICE. 

This resonates in my heart. Gandhi never did. I could never quite understand Gandhi but Bobby Seale - Oh yes sir, I get you! Growing up with guns , locked in the closet in the basement, used only for hunting and target practice. I am not shy about them. I was an OK shot  tin can hunting in the Big Empty.  Couldn't hit the side of a barn with a pistol. Too tricky. Besides rifles are obvious, not for killing people initially- they have other jobs... Blah blah, what I am saying is that my mind has changed about rifles these days, living in one of the most violent countries on earth. I must be one of those hypocrites people talk about. ICE has pushed us too far- George Floyd, Renee, many other murders at the hand of "Johnny  white man Law"-  I mean really, just look at the wienies that are ICE. Incel little saltine  creeps protected by the  orange deranged pedo protector and his  puffy lipped puppy killer. It's enough to make you  go to Yeagers and buy a GD rifle.  ( in the toy dept, maybe, but the idea is still viable )

OK

Rant over. On to Meghan-


Last year I gave this bear to Olivia. Bear was dressed in a gingham frock and looked like some Auntie you might find in the kitchen making honey sandwiches...Olivia decided to name her Meghan and dress her in REAL clothes. Olivia has given Meghan attitude, ready for the street, she is.  

They could easily leave the country, Cara has duel citizenship  , which may not last long  if president of Venezuela  gets his way. I encourage them to leave because "Ain't nobody got time for this". Especially with a little Olivia to raise in the best possible way. 

Other than that- today was a nothing day. I brought out my book of color, published in 1980 , printed in the Netherlands. Quality printing! It is a great book and was nearly stolen from me by Erik's Montessori teacher. She stamped it as "Theirs" on the inside cover. I got it back when the school closed and she went back to texas where she belongs. 

The book is packed full of what colors elicit, how they work together, what colors heal and what maybe helped in the "vibe" world . Orange did not have a name until the seventeenth century- has always had self esteem   issues.  Not an especially beloved color, considered the "understudy" and now we all have an allergic reaction I reckon. Due to the orange smear in the white house.

MLK day tomorrow, I will stay in because I must perfect my less than healthful habits, and  will watch on my Mac all  that goes on out there .

Did I ever show you my dandy low vision key board with light? I must show you- It is such a prize! AND it is taxi cab yellow- a cheerful color-  a helpful color! The coat I ordered is yellow so that I will be seen on the road , glowing in the dark.


 Now you probably want one, too. 

Pop on over to Allison's Blog post today for a very good synopsis of shenanigans by  the orange  president of Venezuela.  Always right on the nose with her keen awareness, our Allison .


 

 

 


 

22 comments:

  1. That is a very bright keyboard! Meghan bear looks quite large. I see a couple of those orange squares are heading towards melon and sunset which are both quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright yellow keyboard is very good for those with low vision, the detachable light is great too. Janny gave me an ergonomic pillow for the bum and that makes sitting here do-able. Another reason to sit here all day being unhealthy!
      I like oranges that run into the red area- vermilion. More lively! You are right about sunset color, it can be nice...in the sky.

      Delete
  2. You & the raccoons 🦝🦝🦝.
    could set up a sniper’s nest
    on your balcony! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raccoons are too timid, loud sounds are not welcome, BUT I could use them as emotional support. If they would just let me cuddle them- wild little things. I LOVE the little raccoons that are marching across your comment! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. There's frost all over the ground here in Lloyd this morning. I went to open the screen door from the back porch to take a picture and damn if it wasn't frozen shut from all the rain we had yesterday. Hello winter!
    And- we are having great flocks of robins coming by to rest and eat what I suppose must be frost-stunned worms on their way to wherever it is they are going. Lloyd and the Pacific NW- same/same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, you must be in a state of shock! Frozen Florida ! If you have the right gear and a hot water bottle covered with flannel tucked in your overalls- you will get by. Short lived weather. Frosty white here, no snow- the morning sunrise looks like a combo of arctic rose and blue eyes. It is beautiful.

      Delete
  4. That color book looks really, really interesting. And Meahan Bear looks like she could be a Steiff under that raincoat! VERY cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan Bear is not a Steiff but certainly could pass as one. Mohair, hand built with care- embroidered nose, A real good bear! I am pleased that she is living her best life with Olivia!

      Delete
  5. Orange. Not one of my favs. It was one of my mother's favorite colors along with lime green and preferably both together. Bleech. Surely they must have had a name for orange before then. Or maybe they had never seen oranges or orange flowers. Maybe the color orange got it's name from the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before it was called "orange" it was called yellow red. THEN the fruit appeared and it became named after the fruit.
      Your mom's color scheme sounds very mid century- cool at the time. The sixties were also crazy with color, maybe that was her esthetic?

      Delete
  6. Hey Linda Sue, you get the award for best rant of the day so far. Weenie saltine incels is the perfect description of those ICE goons, they won't go near any of those gang members that orange buffoon has been raving about, they're scared to death of them. So they compensate by throwing tear gas into cars full of children and murdering innocent women. The bear and the keyboard were a nice timeline cleanse, thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a bright yellow sunshiny day.
      If ICE were to encounter,say, The Back Panthers on the corner- there would be loads of poopy pants to send to Noem. She would have to stay in the laundry for days dealing with her baby men poos .

      Delete
  7. I do hate the violence/lawlessness on the street being caused by ICE.
    Gang members vs. ICE - Hopefully this will send ICE running.
    With 8 inches of fresh snow, it is a winter wonderland in these parts (MA). The sun is shining and the sky is blue. It is beautiful.
    Sunset orange against a blue/purple sky is lovely.
    The bear is adorable and dressed for PNW rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The infants in police gear meeting up with G- stay tuned for whimpering and slithering cry babies.
      8 inches of fresh snow sounds ideal right now! Snow quiets everything- nestle in with cups of tea and a book... Think of -nothing- soft bed of white...How romantic. Never mind the sub zero temperatures- stay in with hot water bottle! My idea of a good time.

      Delete
  8. That's a good bear, nice nose. Thanks for the mention in your post. Every day, I think we've hit rock bottom, and every day I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olivia is destined for greatness, I’m sure of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olivia - master of her own (and Meghan's) destiny. Good for her.
    Lovely [yellow-red]-breasted robin. Harbinger of spring? I wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought harbinger of spring as well. BUT robins are here in winter. It doens't get cold enough I guess or they know how to find grubs in the freezer (?)

      Delete
  11. "Incel little saltine creeps" -- ha! That's a good description, funny and also terrifying.

    I never owned a gun and as far as I know my parents never did either, so they are utterly alien to me. I wouldn't begin to know how to use one. I guess I'm more in the Gandhi vein, though I admit some people are more likely to listen to Gandhi than others. Trump is not a Gandhi person, for sure.

    ReplyDelete