My Blog List

Wednesday, January 21, 2026

Silver eye, bag hats and a BOOMPH

 

Remember silver eyed Mother of four plus one? She is still coming around with her babies every morning. The babies are huge now and will be bringing their youngins' around next season. Whenever that is. 
The mornings are frosty , the days are clear and cold and lovely! So much better than the dirty sock slop of rain and dark.  I am not sure if the raccoons get enough food...they are a little bit round.

From the deck at sunrise- the Canadian mountains are showing up, it is  like looking through the sweet shop window, you have no money and you are  starving... did you listen to Mark Carney's speech  in Davos?  Such welcomed sanity!  Canada just there but so far....
Today was uneventful  almost . I did get a parcel , ordered some lip gloss from BOOM and it came with  two gifts, A Tie bag and a tote, Both made of  soft pinwale corduroy, exquisite in their construction! WOW , that was a very nice bonus for just a couple tubes of lip gloss! 

They are so nice - shame not to wear them... they may make more useful  hats than bags. I dunno. what do you think? They look Hamnet--ish.


This is how they look fit for purpose- strong well made - beautiful colors that suit me to a T.


So, yeah, that rather made my day! 

And then there was a loud BOMPH. I thought nothing of it because  loud sounds are common . Usually coming from the building of neighbor's ADU. However their ADU is pretty much finished...a few minutes later Dennis stumbled out  of his room and asked for  his BP cuff . He lost consciousness on the toilet and toppled over , hitting his head hard - gashing the back of his head, enough to be  bloody. An inch long wound  on the back oh his head and a bright big egg on his forehead. 

His blood pressure was down to  middle  earth, his pulse - barely pulsing.  This is not the best.

"I know that I can not tell you what to do, but you might want to call your doctor..." 

Did he? Nope. But I think that he may be considering that option...possibly tomorrow or next week...or never.

Granted that he had not eaten since yesterday morning - he did eat a few fake sugar  candies , which causes stomach problems and explosive poos that can leave one light headed.  And he had been to the barber, "perhaps they got too close with the scissors.".. There is always a rational, right? 

I worry that he concussed- like a foot baller and will have to be put out to pasture for brain scramble. He has bonked his head severely quite a number of times recently. DANGIT. This is not a good trend. 

I could pack one of the bags with something protective- foam and tinfoil and have him wear that for more protection, think he would comply?  They are pretty cute, so , maybe?

Leaving you with a photo of the best old girl that ever lived- Potato. The lovely dog  shared with boyfriend long ago. She came up in conversation the other day, remembered  well and with love.  How she came up in conversation was that a friend texted me - he had seen her in the front of his house sniffing around and was astonished to see her again. He was dream walking.  Potato has been gone LONG time.  The photo made me weep, as only  beloved dead dogs can, you know?  Feeling fragile. My old Boyfriend lives across town and sent this photo of Potato just as i was thinking of her.  Dog works in mysterious ways. 

     Oh -before you go-  this, a page from a color -it -yourself calendar that I had  years ago, I kept a few of the months because they were so right on- this one certainly is. Travel from USA to anywhere will be impossible as  the government geniuses   have   made enemies out of the entire globe for effsake. In a  wobbly state of shock, here. All sorts of reasons.   Anyway, Stella and I  must think of other things to do - we will not be traveling our wild travels any more.            

Loving you and leaving you- off to eat some fake sugar chocolates since I am not quite miserable enough...
 

 

17 comments:

  1. The hats are splendid—they make for nice Elizabethan portraits of you.
    Which reminds me of your friend Lizzie’s genius Hats made from art/scrap stash during Covid.

    Toppling in the toilet!
    Oh no!
    Poor Dennis!
    Poor you. I am sorry that happened 😟

    Perhaps bathrooms should be baby-proofed for all adults… all this hard surfaces!
    A young friend recently split her lip falling onto her porcelain sink.

    Potato!
    My hear hurts for you,

    Love you.❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only JUST discovered the option on Iphone in Portrait mode that blacks out the background! Cool I will use that for the orphans!
      Dennis has had major injuries but he just bounces right back and carries on like he is made of rubber! He claimed that he "dozed off", it was more than that but you know, downplay has worked for him in the past...
      Potato , an angel of a pooch!

      Delete
  2. Potato. What a great name for a dog. You are more restrained than I am. I would have called the 911 guys to come take a look, with or without his permission. That's super scary. RIck has had a number of concussions, skull fractures, head injuries and tells me at one point he is going to be stupid. (And yes, I replied as you think I might have.) But it is a concern. And THAT is a fabulous tote bag! t makes a good hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose if D had been scared or not making sense I would have piled him in my trusty Subaru and hauled him to ER. I hope that Rick has had his brain looked at with the magic of MRI and whatever else. Concussions are not to be ignored, though what can be done is not sure other than to know what could be in the future of head scramble.
      The bags were so nice that I thought it was a mistake- I checked the receipt again and again to make sure that I did not order them.

      Delete
  3. Tiny tote bags that fit one's head aren't really big enough to tote anything. But pretty hats! Yes to making sure a doc looks at your D's head...but stubborn can't be talked out of it. Warnings that next time there won't be a conversation, since he might not wake up at all. Sweet dear potato dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tote bag hats- could be a trend! I agree that next time there may be no choice about it! I have the same avoidance thing going on about going to see the doctor but I think I might have if it had been me.
      The old lead a horse to water thing, I reckon.

      Delete
  4. I would be completely distraught if that fall had happened around here. Forget calling his doctor. He should have gone to an ER.
    You are so beautiful, Linda Sue. Your skin is radiant, your eyes are merry. Yes. You can wear those hats anywhere you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alarming fall, but he sort of swooped it under the rug because , stubborn and maybe not "hurt". Concerning to be sure! I am so far from beauty, Ms. Mary, but thank you for thinking so- Must have been a good hair day for or something. I discovered the blackout- the -background thing on my Iphone first time- I have had this phone for many many years- that is how astute i am! Anyway, it makes peoples faces look better I guess,

      Delete
  5. Sounds like maybe there was also a blood sugar excursion. That's a long time to go without food. I hate the ER worse than anything, but sometimes you just have to do it. Hope he's better and it all heals up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he has passed out before from blood sugar issues- once in his car on the side of a mountain...totaled his car, he was unhurt! Remarkable! Chumbawumba spirit. This morning he is as usual- fine!

      Delete
  6. Your mama raccoon looks very healthy. It must be the great food she eats.
    A fall is never good. I'm just glad D seems to bounce back. That said, something is not quite right. I hope D sees his doc for a check-up.
    The photos of you wearing your new gifted hats (aka: canvas bags) are marvelous.
    Potato will always be remembered fondly. Such a sweet pooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One eyed mother of raccoons is healthy and so sweet. When she came to tell and show me her injured eye she asked for help but all I could do was feed her. i did not think she would survive. She was a bloody sight! anyway, she is very special, had four babies and adopted one. they all come for breakfast. I love her.
      Bags and hats are versatile that way- I have used hats for bags- carried a kitten home in my felted wool hat, which then became his bed for the first few weeks.
      Potato , lovely girl!

      Delete
  7. Awwww, Potato! What a great name, and a great memory. Yikes, I hope Dennis is OK! And I love the photos of you in your bag-hats! They really DO look very "Hamnet."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato was a GOOD GIRL! except that one time...she and her boyfriend Buster (who was a bad dog) had a piglet killing party. I blame Buster!
      Dennis just went to the doctor...he is there now! Relief!

      Delete
  8. Not good about Dennis, sorry to hear of that. Hope he was not concussed and has no long-lasting effects. I dunno, I kinda like the hat on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Potato looks like a sweet girl. I'm glad to read Dennis is okay. My ex-the-first fell off the toilet once after falling asleep there, he was drunk as a skunk and I left him right there on the floor.

    ReplyDelete