My Blog List

Monday, December 15, 2025

Things to NOT do and a wtf christmas card

It is ill advised to do these things; number one- eat loads of pumpkin seeds , drink a cup of coffee and go out into the world of no toilets! 

Number two- buy something for someone but it is so cute that you keep it and now you must go out and find some other gift for that person. 
Number three- eat Toblerone in the dark not noticing that some tin foil stuck on the chocolate and your tooth filling  found out about it.

That is all- do not do these things.

Today I received a card in the mail- a large Christmas card that required extra postage. Opened it,  and handwritten, signed by two people I have never heard of, with a cheerful  personal salutation and, miracle of all miracles , it was sealed closed with a Thomas Brown  sticker!

The universe moves in mysterious ways.  Inside there was a coupon for a fried pickle redeemable at Texas Roadhouse. WTH?
Crazy! As if! Shite gift.
Sister in law did send a gift which we promptly opened- She is a most thoughtful gift giver! 
 Nellie's products from Vancouver BC .  


 And two packets of "spring rolls" that are  crispy sweet biscuit treats.    Sister in law lives in D.C.  NOT in B.C.- retired from CIA and I am sure she is bloody grateful for that! D.C. is the most toxic place in the universe with the orange virus infecting every and all.  Ewww the slime and sludge and bad odor coming from D.C.                     USA  is in the midst of mithridatism - slow frog boiling as well - everyday another dose, another increase of temperature.   We are   poisoned and boiled  to the point that we do not  even realize how gravely ill we are.  Damn- this nation - so sick. Slow poisoning  creates immunity to heavier doses , though this morning nearly a lethal   dose ...you know the one. The orange fukwad -his  venom leaking all over  Rob Reiner's death. 
 
What are we doing? What the EFF are we doing? 
 
and what the hell is this?   A fried pickle from Texas? Gee, thanks, anonymous  stalker. Questions, so many questions. 
 
Also what am I going to do with the lovely gourds from last month? The basket is huge, the gourds are plentiful...Too cool to toss. 

 

We are having more weather. more rain on the menu and high winds that will take the power out. Flooding continues. Not the best place to be right now nor the best country in which to die.  The rails are not running , there are landslides. Planes are not dependable or so the news would have you believe...as well as the friends who have flown recently. If you really want to test your ZEN skills- go to an airport with  destination planned,  ticket purchased, bags checked...DENIED...

Geez- where is that opium I ordered.... way laid by the grinch who steals  Christmas joy? If trump does not die this afternoon- I am moving to  Nepal. Opium there in spades! 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 

22 comments:

  1. You do stream of consciousness with the best of them, Linda Sue, but this is a masterpiece, BRAVO!! A deep fried Cactus blossom? Really? That's just obscene! Abundantly clear that I am failing sunshine shipping to you, I'll try harder. Good luck with the shite weather over the next 48 hours. ps: I have weather survivor's guilt.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has felt exactly like lock down five years ago. Stranded in the house, cursing the president, eating everything in the cupboards. Remember? I don't have a clue what any of those exotic deep fried things from Texas are, don't care to find out. Anything and everything deep fried is probably delicious and will kill you. So, I will take a pass on that "gift".
      Oh --and more like" stream of unconciousness". but thanks for the compliment...I think (?)

      Delete
  2. I think gourds will just dry out and thus keep for next year??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, they are charming. I should take them out of the basket for drying, otherwise I could be met with some moldy shite.

      Delete
  3. But how will you get to Nepal with the planes being in such disarray? Maybe by ship?
    What are the Flyer Balls and what are they used for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hard felted wool balls that are tossed in with the laundry in the dryer- reducing drying time as well as softening cloths without using crap chemicals. Brilliant. Hitch hike to Nepal! Pretty sure no one has ever tried that yet...not sure why not...

      Delete
  4. I just read all that out loud to Mr B. He laughed - mad as a box of frogs - hitch hike to Nepal? I follow a bloke on Instything who is walking around the world (not hitchhiking, doing every mile on foot). I think he had been through Nepal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing every mile on foot- walking on water- THAT is a skill!! The madness is intense here in the good ol' USA- Gone are the days of worrying if your last year's Christmas frock will fit, or if the gifts you have purchased or made are eco -friendly, the right color , appropriate...Those were easy , silly troubles. Now we are honey bees trapped in a Vespa mandarinia's nest, no way out.Fuh- huck!

      Delete
  5. I have eaten dried dill pickles (slices) before because I LIVE IN THE SOUTH! They are quite tasty but I wouldn't make a habit of eating them. I think that's a very funny gift, actually. How strange.
    Yes, I think that your pretty squashes might indeed dry out if you spread them out, especially if you put them on a heating vent or near the fire. But what do I know? Not much.
    One day until Keithmas. Keep that one in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keithmas in my heart FOREVER!!! Waitin' for my man...Lordy lordy! aren't we lucky!
      I could put the gourds out on window sills to dry and they would be so beautiful for next year! I have one that Emily gave to me from two years ago and it is wonderfully dried, old woman gourd. I love her.

      Delete
  6. Deep fried onions and pickles are regional favorites. They are not easily found in MA. Not really my taste. I tried them once.
    T is being typical T. I've grown to have very low expectations. We've just got to get through his 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not another year of dementia and mean spirited insanity can not be tolerated. .He needs to exit - five minutes ago...

      Delete
  7. Neighbor told me that our Bellingham winds were up to 44 mph yesterday! No wonder I had to wrap my scarf twice round my neck when I went for a walk! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How brave and ambitious you are going out for a walk in the most un enticing weather imaginable. YUCK! I have seen some photos posted on next door (?) that are pretty remarkable! Over the sound especially!

      Delete
  8. How weird, a christmas card with a coupon for a restaurant chain in Texas. I do not get the fried everything fad. Fried pickle?
    gourds, the reason I don't buy things I don't know what to do with after. Walmart dumped boxes of decorative gourds on us at SHARE before Thanksgiving. Everyone got many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gourds are cool- great for still life paintings- you are the gall for the job!

      Delete
    2. oops- didn't mean a double L... You are the PERSON for the job! there, that's better.

      Delete
  9. Spokane is going to get the high winds Wednesday morning. Given the wind direction, no trees should fall on us. That would be good. The coffee/pumpkin seeds combination sounds frightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the weather person exaggerates , doppler, they try to prepare everyone for the worst. Possible this likely that...I do not doubt the wind- it can be quite the force and with all of the WET can up root trees like plucking eye brows. I hope that your house remains safe.
      Pumpkin seeds and coffee- EXPLOSIVE!

      Delete
  10. I do love your gourd basket. Do you think your Texas Roadhouse gift-giver could be a blog reader? Maybe someone in Texas is loving your "stream-of-consciousness" writing (as someone above called it) and they meant to be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out it is an insurance couple that want to get theri names out there in hopes that I will remember them kindly and want to give them all of my money. I don't.

      Delete