My Blog List

Monday, December 29, 2025

a patch of sun, tiny things, Keith Haring shrits for the elderly.

A piece of sunshine came in today and lit up a portion  of the NOT A TREE basket. The sisters and their babies are coming over on Wednesday- that is the plan- so i will not be clearing christmas until the end of the week.  Then not much happens in the month of January- a few birthdays but nothing like the whirl wind of October, November and December. They say it will be a new year...I have doubts.  I reckon it will just be a calendar change but the same old bullshit of the country in which we live. 

To liven up my wardrobe- I bought two Keith Haring shirts  produced in - 1990.  "Angel"- Keith was one of the unlucky AIDS victims early on in the horror of that wicked virus. Damn, we lost so many genius artists then. I lost many friends - cruel. The angel is appropriate.

Radiant Baby has always been one of my favorites as well. Because , well, babies are radiant aren't they?  

 I am watching birds on the deck - entertainment. Just the chickadees are left- the smart birds headed south long ago.  I am not a smart bird.

Generally I do not wear t-shirts but I could not think of any better attire than these to acknowledge  79 years of staying alive.  I may order Keith's barking dog shirt as well- I will be set for the next 79 years!

It is the little things  that keep our heads above water- tiny little water wings .

My goals are limited- solo travel no longer a possibility. No more Apple market @ Covent garden to buy tiny printers boxes with brass corners. This is the last of my lot. The vendor was low on boxes with brass corners and there will be no more. That is the thing about cool old stuff- no  bottomless well to draw from. When they are gone  that's it. GONE.  Lesson is this; when you see a cool old thing get it while you can because tomorrow it will no longer be.  Is that a metaphor for life in general? Probably.

I just ate the last Chocolate Santa- the last of the delicata squash, the last of   ham left on the bone.  Moving on...Stella and I will go out this afternoon for a nosh and chin wag- tomorrow I get another eye jab. I will employ Dennis to drop me off and collect me . Too late in the afternoon for me to drive all that way. Not a good idea to drive home in the dark while blinded by drops and jabs...Dennis is in  agreement . 

Hope you have  a lovely end of December 2025. Just a few days of this awful year left... make the most of it- put a star on it- kiss it goodbye. 

 

 


 

16 comments:

  1. I love the printers boxes with all the little things 😀😀 I hope the eye jab doesn't cause pain and helps with the vision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jabs are working for now, I can't depend on that lasting though. more research, please!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous printer box collection. Good luck for the eye jab... My skin crawls just thinking about eye jabs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blood pressure shoots up when. I go in for a jab now. Wonder why...

      Delete
  3. Seize the opportunity! I agree 100%.
    Your printer boxes with the brass corners are wonderful. They are one-of-a-kind, no longer available and treasured. Great purchase.
    Getting together with the sisters sounds like good fun. Enjoy.
    I'm glad Dennis will drive when you go to the eye doc. Safety is #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really great thing about shopping at thrift stores or antique shops is that the stuff usually has value that can be passed down or sold. We will just call thrift shopping for old stuff- an investment! A FUN investment!

      Delete
  4. Great Keith Haring t-shirts! You know you need that other one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you are right- I NEED the barking dog shirt!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Linda. Finding the light, always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister had a big printer box full of tiny things. Her oldest granddaughter has it now but not before I took the little cast raven she bought in London when she was there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great collection of little items you have there! Only you would think of putting a baby doll climbing out of a seashell! I bet every item has a nice story behind it! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just more clutter , some would say...but you are right every little thing has a story.

      Delete
  8. Well dang Linda Sue, it's been a year, hasn't it? Truly a world-class shitshow if you ask me. I have to say that being part of your tribe has been one of the better parts of it. Fun fact, you & I have been on this planet for the same amount of time. Testimony to our resilience I guess, either that or we're gluttons for punishment. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hang on- My friend, next birthday is the "we have finally arrived" one- 80 years old seems to be pivotal! How did we manage to live so long? Mystery! Not many come to this blog so glad you could make it! A select few! Thank you for being interested in the most uninteresting! Besides we are nearly neighbors with a mountain range separating houses!

      Delete