Time marches on to Christmas, I have decided to have Christmas dinner here again on my birthday. I ordered English crackers and am planning to have Cost Co bail us out . Their lasagna and ham are mighty fine, or so reviews claim, Garlic bread and salad, Dessert - easy...pick up some Bailey's and egg nog- and that will be that! Or so I say now, things can change but at least I will have essential crackers and paper crowns. The Portuguese family will be spending Christmas in the sunny desert, hiking and soaking in vitamin D.
Orphan, Nat, surprised and hiding from the little dog who thinks he lives here. He is licking the pan, though there was nothing left in it that was interesting except Ghost of turkey.
He is a cute little rascal, Came right in and made himself at home. Sniffing and sniffing and picking up crumbs under the table. Checked out the rubbish which was full of grand smells but he could not get the bag open. He is a funny little thing, he gave me a kiss and then off he went, back onto the deck and away.
I cleaned raccoon poos from the same corner of the deck that they defiled the other day. I guess we did not use enough RE-PELL. I could not find it in the garage, Dennis is gone. the garage is his mystery heaven, I can not find a thing in there! Stacked to the ceiling. He knows where most things are stashed (?) Garages are a guy thing.
Did you see the hilarious protests going on @ Home Depot? Loads of protesters in a long queue taking up most of the store, each buying a cheap ice scraper. Though they are making four dollar sale each time , I am sure that the store is losing business/$$$ because of the long queues of protesters. Signs were worn- "Ice Out, Home Depot!"
Clever, clever!
Cheeky little guy, cute too. Looks like a Miniature Pinscher.
ReplyDeletehe is such a whispy little thing- Twigs for legs! He would break in this house- black sofa- black dog- some one would be sure to sit on him.
DeleteOne of the tweets I saw about the ice scrapers is that the protesters then returned them, further impeding business. Serves them right.
ReplyDeleteI love that! What a clever protest!
DeleteNat reminds me that I have yet to get Christmassy clothing for my little redheads. I'll try for next year's Christmas.
ReplyDeleteOne year I dressed the orphans in paper napkins, That worked great!
DeleteThe cute pup made himself at home and the pan of turkey bits were like finding a treasure. I bet he'll be back.
ReplyDeleteThe HD protest was brilliant.
You and Dennis are wonderful hosts and your plans for Christmas sound good to me. Plus, your holiday decor is outstanding and creates the perfect atmosphere for the holiday gathering and dinner.
He is a cute little dog, very sweet- a Prague Ratter breed. Not a min pin as initially thought. The house is small but there is always enough room to frolic!
DeleteCute dog - it's lovely to be adopted by a k9 friend. Do you know his owners/where he came from?
ReplyDeleteHis owner is the son of the neighbor behind us and he only shows up on occasion. The little dog comes right in- made himself comfy on the sofa.
DeleteWhat a cute canine visitor! They really do live in a special world of smells that the rest of us can't detect. Hadn't heard about the Home Depot ice-scraper protest. Must have been very tedious for the cashiers!
ReplyDeletethe cashiers are machines, so all of the machines were occupied checking out the shoppers leaving none available for the real shoppers! AND THEN- everyone who bought an ice scraper returned them taking up more of the machines and ruining the day for the depot...
DeleteYour little doggie visitor reminds me of the one we had that Maurice tried mightily to kill. It's all fun and games until there's blood in the hallway.
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas/Birthday dinner sounds good.
Maurice the menace- what a delight!
DeleteCute little dog, looks like a miniature doberman (oh, I see, not, a breed I've never heard of), little like Minnie with her thin spindly legs. Was always fearful that she would break a leg running around like mad and then she did, ankle chipped, had to wear a splint for two weeks.
ReplyDeletePoor Minnie. Twiggy dogs! This one , so delicate and light on his feet- like a fairy!
DeleteWhat a cute pooch! He has good taste in rugs. Your Christmas/ Birthday plan sounds like a good one. I guess I should give mine some thought.
ReplyDeleteI saw the protests and loved them but not where they were. Were they in Oregon? Because that seems like a very Oregon thing to do!
ReplyDelete