Driving home yesterday after spending too much on devices that fail to work...(grumble)...I stopped by the fence "hiding" the construction of more condos on the wobbly waterfront. The graffiti is a load of non political fluff mostly, but colorful in the sunshine and not doing a very good job of blocking the construction...Luxury condos, oh yes, we so need more of those.
The dilemma of health care system in USA is firstly that it is not health care and secondly is that it is not a system. The lad sent home, broken clavicle broken ribs... with a couple of pain meds , to sort it out on his own, take a hundred dollar cab ride to the place where the so called specialist is, turns out to be a walk in clinic...Bloody hell, and then his insurance accepted claim and then promptly rejected it all within a matter of hours. We are so fucked in this country on all levels. Is what it is. Do not buckle!
SO disappointed that the king is bowing to the orange, giving him a horsie chariot ride through Windsor, and a banquet better than McDonald. Diminished dignity/ integrity , Mr. King...insulting your country bigly as Nigel troops his colors. Wusses.
And I am sure you have noticed that your wee blog has suddenly had far too many hits...AI generated, collecting data and info. If MAGA is mentioned, you will get even more hits...Hmmm what could this gathering of info/evidence mean? I put the post re: the shooter back into draft because of the "hits"...
Blah blah blah... The deck this morning is lovely. there is that.
That and no more...Getting ready to leave at the crack of dawn, drive out to Stella's and hit the road. Early morning venture. Bakery is on the agenda!












I love the fence graffiti -- so colorful! I'm getting a lot of hits too and I'm sure it is AI, but I don't particularly care. Let 'em have it all. It doesn't matter to me.
ReplyDeleteIt is not like our information, all of it, is not out there anyway...just a bit too snoopy I reckon. Trump wants Wa (blue) state to send in every bit of information- voting records, health records, arrests, addresses and phone numbers in to "the government" for purpose of weeding out oppositional characters. who knows what is true any more. I do not- just what is true for me...in this little house with my little life! Anyway , you see how he backs off when met with too much opposition (Chicago)...Bully talk he is all about it.
DeleteFor some reason, this huge bump in hits is bothering me and I don't even look at my stats. Ever. Perhaps I am just being paranoid. If they threw everyone who has written something negative about the POS in the White House into prison, there wouldn't be enough people to keep the lights on.
ReplyDeleteI surely hope you and Stella have a grand adventure.
Thanks Mary, we will have a grand adventure. short lived but grand. I can not help but be suspicious about the hits on blog. It is crazy ! Of course we would wonder!!!
DeleteThat is some impressive graffiti. Someone has put lots of effort into converting a construction fence to an art display.
ReplyDeleteHealth care is a bad joke and I, for one, have no idea where it will end up. Getting care seems to be a fight to the finish. The process is often: delay, deny and defend. One friend recently telephoned her insurance company to ask for the name of a specialist and get pre-approved for care. MD's no longer want to spend their time obtaining insurance pre-approval. Each day I learn something new.
Enjoy your holiday. Try to forget all the BS/nonsense.
Insurance runs the medical system, they determine what care to offer that insurance might cover. and it is generally the cheapest worst care. Insurance is evil and we have to have it!! They have us by the short curlies i am afraid.
DeleteIt will be nice to hop over to the peninsula, - like another country really. Slow and mellow.
I suspect the King is merely being polite as the British do when faced with things they must get on with, even being nice to the Orange one. "Stiff upper lip" and all that.
ReplyDeleteI see your reply above to Susan and it sucks that Insurance runs the medical system and does it so badly. What gives them the right?
Your deck is lovely and those tomatoes, yum!
Insurance does make the decisions and tells the medical proffesionals what they can offer to patients. sometimes it ia a glass of water...
DeleteHave a wonderful time, I know you will and come back to enjoy your lovely life here! JanF
ReplyDeleteThank you MS. JAN!!
DeleteThe fence graffiti is wonderful, lot of talent there. How bad was Erik's clavicle? was it just a hairline fracture or was it a clean break? If it was the latter it would seem that surgery with screws would be the only way to repair a break like that. I dunno, perhaps I was asleep in medical school that day. Your comments on health care in this country are spot on.
ReplyDeleteThe break was all the way in two spots , so the bone is just sort of floating around...terrible, he can not get surgery until October because this country sucks.
DeleteSuperb graffiti art, great colours. The hits on the blog have gone through the roof; it must be burning some energy resources scraping all those blog posts around the world. Are the lights dimming over there?
ReplyDeleteBlog hits are absurd. You are right- the lights have dimmed over here in the land of the Orange MF. For many reasons.
DeleteOh, I love the photos of the graffiti fence and the flowers on the deck. It's such a cool contrast between the messy, colorful art and the peaceful flowers. It's always a bummer when you spend a bunch of money on tech that doesn't work, so I'm glad you found some pretty stuff to look at on your drive home. Have a great time at Stella's and hope you get some delicious treats from the bakery.
ReplyDeleteLuckily it was a sunny day and the grafitti was "lit"! It will be sad to see the fence torn down as the luxury apartments/condos take over the waterfront. I am pleased you liked the contrast!
DeleteSome nice art mixed in with the graffitti. It hadn't occurred to me that Txxxx et al would be using bots to find accounts critical and targeted for retaliation but you are probably right.
ReplyDeleteMedical care is being destroyed by you know who. I read that another rural hospital has closed Labor and Delivery. Infant mortality is rising because of the abortion bans and they are doing their best to squash those statistics.
So , their objective is to kill mothers and babies , ban birth control, school remaining sick measled children in religious schools, but, preferably eliminate schools altogether and put those lazy assed measled children to work in labor camps...lower the voting age to four and control what and whom they cast their ballots for. sounds like a plan!!!
DeleteOh no, sorry to hear about Erik's accident and injuries! Now dealing with the "healthcare system". I am currently doctorless until spring a la the system. Bubblewrap perhaps?
ReplyDeleteYet, that is some impressive graffiti. I really like the eyeball.
Yep , I am so sorry for our Erik, damn!
DeleteIt is poopy.