My Blog List

Saturday, April 19, 2025

Springtime sister rabbit




Good morning from where I am sitting. Sunrise.

This raccoon  is a new comer and a bit more wild, suspicious , but seeing all of the paw prints of others gives him more confidence. "this is a safe house". The pregnant mothers have not come around for a few days, more attention for the wilding's advantage.


 Tea and melon breakfast- the rind goes to the little wilding. Satisfied and drippy, he leaves the deck, replaced by the gulls , the garbage workers of nature! Speaking of garbage- the truck rolls into the cul de sac using robots to lift and dump .This is new, get used to robots doing  more labor. At least we need not leave Christmas nuts and cookies for the robots-saving us a bit of cash.  Wondering if the truly nationalistic folks put hand over heart every time the garbage truck rolls by? I can see that happening here. I can see that that is appropriate...salute to the garbage truck of america.

I dropped my phone a while ago and the glass became dangerously cutty. Dennis removed the glass to see if there was more glass beneath, and there was! He took my phone out to Best Buy to replace the protective glass sheet. Fixed for $32.00 , no need to get a new phone!

The protective broken sheet is a curiosity and has potential to be used in collage or as a spider webby filter.



 Garbage flag truck robot will not be getting this  element  of possibility. Pretty sure I will use it for something- a frame for a shattered heart?




 Above are  spring time  baskets for neighbors and of course Flora Jane and Emmett. 

Stella gave this rabbit  to me  a few years ago, she likes to come out for Easter for all of the eggy activities. Her name is Sister Rabbit and as you can see she is pleased about her  yellow self and her yellow carrot...


 

Easter was the best time in my childhood. We dressed up in our new stitches and  had Easter dinner  at Helga's , where the old men smoked cigars and Helga took up two chairs at the table.  I come from ample stock!  Easter dinner was always the best home cooking from the northern old country, grownups speaking in odd sounding accents- brød og smør , though really it was butter rolls and more butter. 

My brother and I found  eggs, hard boiled eggs in fancy colors. They looked wonderful but EWWW hard boiled egg?? No thank you. I felt tricked , letting  my brother collect nearly all of them. My Dad had pocketed  rabbit poos from the hill on his way home from  work, scattered them around the house where eggs were hidden. I never doubted the  existence of the Easter bunny but his eggs were a nasty mystery. When we went to Yellowstone nearly every summer- it smelled like Easter, pretty sure that is where the Bunny gets his egg supply.

So begins another spring, petals  are unfolding.   In a new born rabbit's heart, river of life is flowing...

 

Donovan, bringer of spring.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwI-I4SyxTM

 

worn out from winter- worn out from Orange shenanigans, which will become worse as he becomes even more embolden by congress and the ineffectual judiciary. We are fucked, but YAY it is spring and that is where our hearts shall dwell!  ....for now....

 

 


24 comments:

  1. I frequently wonder why garbage trucks, fixers of appliances, handymen and etc. all feel it necessary to put the flag on their equipment, business cards, and etc. I think we all know what country we're living in, I certainly do not need to be reminded. The Bellingham truck offends me, how about a nice eco-friendly green paint job? We have those trucks, I have much less guilt about how heavy the bins are from time to time. In Tucson, they have a hydraulic lift, they often choose not to use it. Your plantings are looking lovely.. We have two dead trees, one we'll dig out, and one we'll just cut off a the ground and leave the fireplace vent very visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead things go to the dump, too large for composting. Finding new plants will be challenging. The expense of larger, more well establish trees and shrubs is OUCH in the wallet. The flag wavers are ridiculous, insecure assholes.

      Delete
  2. I will happily celebrate the rebirth of life in general but celebrating Zombie Jesus is just too weird for me. But the eggs, the rabbits- all the fertility symbols- I'm good with those. I've got a crush on that yellow bunny. She's a sweetie.
    Our current custom here with dyed eggs is that once they've been hidden and hunted, they are rushed to the kitchen to turn into the delicacy known as deviled eggs. I can imagine Easter without chocolate or jelly beans but never, ever without deviled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are they deviled? I wonder- devil on Easter...I guess everyone is invited...Poor devil usually not invited to anything. Sister Rabbit is a swell little girl, well behaved and proper. Stella gives me good things! Fertility, rabbits, flowers, mama raccoons. IT'S SPRING!!!

      Delete
  3. The new racoon does not quite realize he has found paradise. He'll soon be part of the fold.
    Flags on trash trucks is new to me. The robotic trucks seem to be nearly everywhere, but they are simple large green trucks. We see contractors with pickup trucks driving with huge flags waving in the wind. Even they seem to have reduced in numbers. Somebody is pissing them off!
    Your Easter baskets for Flora and Emmett are beautiful. The floral basket is equally lovely.
    I have a chocolate mousse cake and fruit tart for desert after our prime rib roast meal tomorrow. My little yellow marshmallow bunnies will circle the cake. What would Easter be without a few bunnies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH SUSAN! Your Easter dinner sounds wonderful!! And your dessert with peep bunnies??? Wow- I want to go to your house, please. You are a splendid Martha!

      Delete
    2. What a fabulous grown up Easter dinner! I am jealous. JanF

      Delete
  4. I like Sister rabbit very much. I don't remember ever getting hard boiled eggs at Easter. I remember the fancy decorated hard candy ones, so much sugar and when you broke them apart there were more sugar pieces inside! No wonder I had bad teeth! By the time I was in school chocolate eggs had become more popular then later there were chocolate bunnies and chickens. Those Easter baskets are beautiful.
    We have had "robot" garbage trucks for decades now. Your melon looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always had fluoride in the water and grew up with strong mouth stones! Fluoride is a natural occurring thing in some places, teeth were stronger, reckoned it was a good idea to add it to all water- it is a great idea! Now Worm Brain Kennedy wants it removed- sure , why not...first vaccines and then fluoride. Make people sick, they die, no people-no problem...

      Delete
  5. For "robot" substitute Hydraulic lift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those eggs River describes and disliked them even more than hard boiled ones. Greeks do a version of conkers with their hard boiled eggs and keep the winner until it dries and the yolk is like a lump of gold. In NZ we do marshmallow eggs with chocolate covering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet- I could handle too sweet when i was young but not now. I would think that the winner of egg conker would explode before it turned to gold.

      Delete
  7. Your Easter baskets are wonderful. You are SO creative and generous. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Ms. Jan! The baskets were pretty much UN- Easter-ish... Paddle ball and snakes...

      Delete
  8. Happy fertility day!
    Your dad scattered bunny poop around for a more authentic egg hunt? Above and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bunny poop was more real than anything else about Easter!

      Delete
  9. We used to dye hard-boiled eggs, like everyone, and then over the next week or two we'd eat them. (We'd keep them in the fridge!) I never minded them though I'm not sure I even thought to question it.

    That IS a very patriotic garbage truck. For some reason.

    Bravo for trying to work out some use for the broken phone screen. There is enough tech waste in the world!

    I can't make the Donovan video play. It's probably blocked overseas for some reason. Bummer. I love a good Donovan tune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure you could google Donovan's Lullaby for spring. It is so pretty. I had no idea that the phone screen was so replaceable- a thin glass thing! WOW tech!! Hard boiled eggs are probably an acquired taste?

      Delete
  10. Like Ms Moon I can do without the repressive christian interpretation. Mother Earth is resurrected, she comes as Virgin Spring showing off all her lady bits enticing all the pollinators to come do her, fulfill her. Ah, lustful Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Racy comment Ms. Ellen...Earth is slutty...Earth is prolific- maybe that is why rich white men want to control her...

      Delete
  11. I like hard boiled eggs and use them for egg salad sandwiches. Yum. I don't dye eggs anymore and just have plastic ones for the kids to hide if they want. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egg salad sandwiches are the best , with enough pickle and mayo...Deviled eggs are good also, but a cold hard boiled egg is not fabulous to eat! Ew! I have tried to eat the plastic ones but they are too sharp.

      Delete
  12. Your photos are glorious and captivating. I love watermelon, it is so light and refreshing! Happy Easter to you and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your baskets are so cute! And like you, childhood Easter -- the best! I'd always get marinated herring in my Easter basket. Now I have a hard time finding it. Just the creamed kind.

    ReplyDelete