My Blog List

Friday, April 25, 2025

robin spring song, green walk.

 

Not a great photo of the songstress in the cherry tree. She/he is loud and welcomed ! The rustles of spring! Robins sound carries far- call and response sort of thing morning and  evening, middle of the day is devoted to gathering food and hopping along...

Robin sound HERE 

When I played this the robin in the tree left- must be territorial. 

Lilacs are just beginning to blossom, they will be full by Sunday and then die quickly. I think I have to go scout around the alleys to gather an armful. Love the fragrance, Dennis does not. But the good thing about growing old is that his sniffer does not work. 

Oh the perks of old age!! I am the nose and ears of the house and he is the eyes. Speaking of- I just got an insurance report re: eye injection , totaling  $5,116.80 for ONE injection! America, you just have to do better!! Anyway I  pay $500.00 , insurance will cover the rest- Still $500.00 for just one injection seems a bit much, good thing we do not have to sell something to pay for that one injection ( I would offer the Tesla)...I am not due for another eye jab until  early June- stretching it out now with a new medication.

We are invited to Peter's 98th birthday party next week- the very same day that Emmett will have his first birthday! I will go to both and I will eat cake! 

A quick little green walk down in the lowlands - sunny day.


                natural bench at the entrance to community garden                                       


bamboo Loads of it growing crazy everywhere as it does. Someone let it out of it's pot. OOPS!


Dogwood and lilacs




 The dead hedge that is as tall as I am and about 4.5' wide all along the alley- you can see how tiny the house/shed is in the background. This dead hedge has been piled up every year for 30 years. Animals  and bugs love it. It is a hap hazard dead hedge - no big branches organizing it into some semblance of order. 


Oriental Leopard's bane trying to escape.

Hand flowers on the side of the garden shed, looking less fresh every year. as we do.


 

 

23 comments:

  1. I love the hand flowers on the shed and those very pretty pink/purple blossoms above the yellow leopard flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lilacs! I love them too! Their fragrance takes me back into the lap of my great Aunt, who insisted that I sit on her lap even when I was seventeen! She smelled so nice, I did not object at all.

      Delete
  2. (Fresca here)
    I’m glad you can get eye injections – – but wow, that’s expensive!
    What are the new meds you are taking – – do they help your eyes as much?
    More?

    I also love the smell of fresh lilacs – – but once I have them in the bedroom with me and had to get up and move them in the night – – so strong! They are one of my favorite flowers.

    Cake! Twice! How fun when birthdays pile up, 98 years apart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops—no, 98 - 1 = 97 years apart.
      —Fresca

      Delete
    2. The new injection is Vabysmo- I would love to be the person with the bag of letters naming pharmaceuticals! Anyway, it is denser, goppier, and lasts longer between injections, Also more noticeable!
      I understand about lilacs next to the bed- they must be across the room or in a well ventilated area! Heady!
      Old Peter is very old, unstitched, hanging on ,though nothing works very well. Quite an amazing life that man has had- time to hang it up I reckon. Conquered by gravity.

      Delete
  3. That natural log bench reminded me of when I got married the first time. The day of the wedding zI went to spend some time at the wild arboretum and sat on a natural log bench for a while just enjoying the woods and the peace. Got the WORST case of chiggers. But your spring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your spring flowers...never have lived near lilacs, but have heard how fragrant they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry lilacs do not grow where you live- they are wonderful for about five minutes!

      Delete
  5. Ellen's comment made me laugh. Life can be so silly. Do y'all have chiggers? Nasty little creatures.
    Your spring is a miracle of beauty and wonder. Lilacs do not grow here. More's the pity. .
    What an amazing thing- to go to two birthdays in one day, so very far apart. For humans, anyway. Not for ancient trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chiggers, the only thing we have are ticks in the woods and grasslands- nothing up here tries to overtly make life miserable- it is the cold temperatures I reckon, keeps things quiet or dead.
      Birthday parties- which do you think will be more fun??? 98 or one?

      Delete
  6. You are lucky to have so many lovely blooms already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes. What would we do without insurance. What do others do without it? Love the shed with the handprints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose, but insurance is another scam! We pay a lot for it.

      Delete
  8. Spring is in full bloom in your neighborhood. Such beauty! Your trees, shrubs and flowering plants are several weeks ahead of ours.
    A large bouquet of lilacs sounds wonderful. The scent is lovely.
    Two birthdays in one day will be busy and fun filled. Happy B-day to Emmett and Peter.
    Medical science is great but $5k and a $500 co-pay are outrageous costs for a single injection. The US needs universal healthcare. Now that's a project I can support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. healthcare in USA is an oxymoron, moron being the operative! Lobbying for pharm is way too successful. Too many investors making exquisite profits- all about greed you understand. USA is that ! Anyway, birthdays to attend, cake to be eaten- and blossoms everywhere- I can not be too cranky today!

      Delete
  9. That injection price is INSANE. I agree -- America has to do better on health care. (So does England, but in a different way. Here the government needs to invest more in the system.)

    A sunny day in Washington state? What is the world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uk health care is challenged but at least there is something to support other than for profit medical industry. They still have a basis for health care. USA is only about $$$. It is insane- my friend's sister injected herself with a medication for MS at $8.000.00 weekly!
      Bring back the rain- it is too dry out there! Two days of sunshine!!

      Delete
  10. A 98th birthday and a first birthday! The world goes 'round.
    "Not a great photo of the songstress in the cherry tree". Bullsh*t, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha well, the robin is not a glamor shot...but it is the only one that looked remotely like a robin- the others were totall blur activity.

      Delete
  11. If you would like a few more Robins, we would be happy to provide some. Little buggers are having a field day with the worm population in our lawn.

    ReplyDelete