My Blog List

Tuesday, April 8, 2025

mallard in the yard, crow on the deck, orphans turning Japanese

Mr. and Mrs. are back for the spring rain in the back yard. Mr. Mallard keeps watch as Mrs. eats the seeds the birds have shaken from the feeder. It is remarkable how they can fly straight up  from the ground- over the fence , into the grey sky and disappear.
Crows on the railing eating string cheese- Generally the one legged sea gull gets to it before anyone else. Lucky morning for crows. I hope that they start coming around again.
 


They do not like to be photographed and their eye sight is magnificent! they can see me looking at them from a mile away. I have to be quick, so quick that it is little wonder they do not like photos taken of them, they are not at all flattering. 

I wonder if this ordinary life that we are floating in right now is akin to what German women  did before the shite hit hard- aware but  not  unmoored.  Roasting a chicken for dinner, doing the wash, planting a few veggies, watching the weather over the horizon   .... suspended- waiting- somewhat  stupefied. 

 The stock market can not do anything but right itself- right? Or should we listen to what our dead fathers are telling us from the grave-- "GET OUT while you still have a couple of bucks left"? I had the phone in hand  and then I stopped myself...ride it out for a bit , my optimism told me...devil on one shoulder, angel on the other, arguing. I do not have a gob invested, mind you but it would be a shame to toss  my measly  few dollars into the orange gale. 

Here is link having a chat re: the Dark Triad. from 2019, not that long ago but applicable more than ever at this moment.

LINK 

Hello Donald, we saw you coming and we did it anyway. We must have been bored , complacent, asleep  in our silly beds of silly squabbles- "don't say FAT- don't say BALD- don't assume gender- don't wear a beige suit".  Meanwhile the big bulldozer/ dump truck  ran right over us, no rules,  no laws, no empathy, just a mighty big dump!  ACK!!! We have been way too polite playing by the rules that this country agreed on . OOPS.

So...  go to Daiso,   buy something from Japan that  may never be available  again , Momentary happiness,,,. Moments are all we have.
 




The black bowls have ghost bunnies on them , cool, I could not get an adequate photo , you must imagine it. The orphans are wearing their  Japanese bunny masks for Egg  celebration, helping themselves to chocolate  any time they feel like it- It  may  be  the fourth christmas  celebrated  within a month's time, tomorrow but today is Egg day-  what ever they fancy- they are plastic and can do as they wish.

Oh, here you go- I tried again to capture the ghost bunnies - this is the best I could do-
 


Just like the German women,  I roasted a chicken with an onion , a yam and a delicata squash- The yam has a distinctive personality. And just like the German women I did a load of wash, hummed while making the bed, above  the rumblings  in the  not so  far distance..

I complemented the crow on his velvety appearance and asked that he and his family come around again tomorrow. I have biscuits and cheese- I will make a special dish just for them, I promised...One year I made sushi for the crow family , they did come back every day and brought their baby! They were trying to teach  baby how to eat on its own ,  baby did not catch on for the entire season! In the fall the parents were still feeding it from their beaks. 


 Mr. Velvet Pants

I asked the crows what should be done about our nation's dilemma. 

"Caw, Caw, murder!" they cried!


20 comments:

  1. Tough call on the market, hard to know exactly what to do, but it sure can be a nail biter, especially with the buffoon ranting and raving the way he is. Played some clips from his daily Oval office shitshow today, bizarre stuff, segued from blathering about blackouts & brownouts in CA to how wonderful it was that he released all that water from the dam like it was related and a good thing. Something about a "valve that was the size of this room and it took a whole day to turn it." the big D is catching up with him more & more every day......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the big D, DEATH? Dementia? Diarrhea? All of those things? Diptherea? Dick Disease?
      Catch up fast- I am wishing, take this guy "to the light" ...I must say you are a more grounded man than I- I can not hear his voice without going into Catatonia!

      Delete
    2. All of those "D" words, whatever it is, it's not happening fast enough! Me either but I just had to watch that one, it was so insane! I will go grind my teeth some more now.........

      Delete
    3. He isn't going to "the light", he is going in the other direction, where he will be "warm" (red hot) until the end of time.

      Delete
  2. I find great wealth does not guarantee common sense, stability, nor empathy for others. Current leadership sees everything as a transaction. And he will do/say anything to control the narrative. We, the people, are getting wise to this BS.
    The stock market is reacting to instability. Wealthy people are facing great loss, and they do not like it. This might be what forces change. Who knows? It could go either way.
    Your Japanese bunny cups are so adorable and whimsical. Great purchase.
    The crows are beautiful creatures, and they are loving the cheese. They'll choose cheese over birdseed/worms any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather Cox R said tonight that congress is starting to look sideways at the orange wonder dog- Money talks and when theirs is threatened , well then, that just will not do! All of the other horrid things take a back seat to losing their stocks and wealth..Now, suddenly, they are reckoning that the orange may be...crazy!!

      Delete
  3. The Japanese cups are just cuter than bugs. I was not aware of the fact that crows like cheese. There are articles being written about the billionaires are pissed, and good for them, but they need to put their money behind democratic candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crows are very smart, though murder is frowned upon. I don't see "my" crows very often though I hear them up in the trees. Love the girls in their bunny masks. The Japanese bowls are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a murder of crows is a pow wow. A murder of crows is a get together ,plans are made. Murder is good. ...

      Delete
  5. P.S. advice on the Australian news here last night: stock markets rise and fall all the time, and they may fall a bit further, but even if they crash, they will rise again, it takes time, but leave your money and eventually you will see profits again. So I guess unless you "need" that money for immediate living, leave it where it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is probably sensible...Not sure . Seems that is the way it generally goes except during the thrities.

      Delete
  6. I looked up Daiso and am ecstatic to see that one is opening in a suburb here—this weekend!!!

    Some little sprites here are pushing to GO go go this Saturday:
    “We need springtime supplies!”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAHOOOO I hope your Daiso is cool! they usually have the same delights!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post, even with the threat of devastation casting its shadow. What else can we do but roast a chicken while we still have one to roast? Feed the crows and ask them for advice. Make the Orphans as happy as possible. Otherwise, they have won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We carry on with our daily- make the most of what is now- go buy some Irish butter before it is too expensive!

      Delete
  8. What else can we do but roast a chicken. As for the stock market crashing and recovering. s I recl it didn't recover last time and we lost it all. Not feeling optimistic today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I weigh that too- Last time the stock market crashed hard, people were throwing themselves out of l3 story building windows. That is not an option for me- our tallest building is only four stories.

      Delete
  9. Lucky crows to get string cheese! I usually sit tight with market downturns, and this time is no different, but it IS scarier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nonsensical decisions, crazy!! Still unsure of what to do- maybe bail when the market gets back on its feet- my heart can not take this ! Never have been a good gambler , which is what investments most certainly are. Dennis always rides it out even now...he is made of stronger stuff than I.

      Delete