My Blog List

Monday, April 7, 2025

Daiso in town!!

"Everyone, you gonna be a sweetie, cutie and lovely strawberry" 

 I went to the post office today I scooted across the street to what used to be  a home goods store- Praise baby Jaysus, a Daiso moved into the space!! Daiso is a Japanese dollar story, sort of, though there were mostly two dollar items and up. I love Daiso, Quirky , interesting! large space  full of curiosities- Engrish -.Japanese Wonderment!  I bought a black bean bun and devoured it on the way home.

 

Useful  items , personal barf bags ,to carry with you at all times. Erasers shaped like lobsters-

Advice on tote bags-
Time telling bear on cork trivet.
Everything is so happy- origami  paper - so fun to fold, joyful bunny cat.
Two aisles of bowls, plates and glass ware. Of course I was forced to buy two bowls and two mugs- beagles with grins as you tip the cup.
Tabi socks which are all the rage in foot wear these days. To be worn traditionally with Split toe Tabi shoes. The fashion industry got wind of Tabi shoes and are making split toe leather shoes for fashionistas-  weird- they look like camel toe in tight leather trousers. I would not say it is an attractive look...
this is some seriously strong cleaner cloth.

I did part with some cash- I left no stone un-turned- LOVE Daiso. There used to be one here before covid that was even better- More to choose from but I am not ever going to complain about having Daiso in town!  So happy! Food takes up two aisles as well, Sometimes I know what I am getting , sometimes I am just curious and will find out when I get it back in my kitchen.  

Driving home through gigantic rain!



A cup of tea fixes everything! I don't mind that I am drenched to the bone, A good day!  Nothing makes me more glad than Daiso!
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Daiso? Hello Kitty on steroids? Well all righty then, I learned something today. Portable etiquette bag for motion sickness & drunkenness, I love it. There was a flying service in Eastern Oregon (Redmond I think) where I used to stop for fuel in my charter pilot daysthat used to have airsickness bags for sale at the front counter. They were labeled "Quiet Earp Barfing Bags." Always bought a few and put them in the seat backs of our company airplanes, passengers loved 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. passengers love them , that is true- I always take the ones that are offered on commercial flights- I write letters on them! "Quiet Earp"...haha clever!

      Delete
  2. Daiso looks great for browsing in, but I doubt I would buy anything. Maybe the barf bags. Driving home in torrential rain=Scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broqsing ? Oh my, browsing is OK but finding, now there's the deal! It is like mining treasure and who does not need a beagle mug that grins when you tip it? Or a hedge hog plate...I think that you would part with a few dollars!

      Delete
  3. Torrential rain a feature of your geography I guess - like living on the West Coast here. Scary to drive in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most frightening part of driving while blind in giant rain is when a truck passes by going fast, throwing up a sea of water over you , swerving the car to the right and drowning the windshield.

      Delete
  4. Scream of joy! I love that stuff!
    Jealous!

    Do they have stationary?
    One of my happiest shopping experiences ever was in a stationary store in Tokyo (1997), besides cute packets of paper + envelopes, the sundries had curious sayings on them—
    For a friend who was a smoker, I got “my darling is a smoking’ darling” on a pencil case showing a cute manga guy with a cigarette.

    The closest we get here is an expensive toy store called Kinoko – – but it’s for the Montessori crowd, the opposite of a dollar store – –Monchichi and Hello Kitty toys for $30-$75.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW you went to the source!! So jealous! You found a gem "smoker"! Yes there is a lot of stationary and paper note book things. Work books for children- cards and origami papers. I will be going back - to be sure -to have a look around for maybe things that the girlettes would like.

      Delete
  5. Not my cup of tea. Sorry. That was not supposed to be funny. I'm not sure why but the colors and very bold artwork bother my brain. On the other hand, your Monet-esque photo of the rain-blurred road with what looks to be a pink-blossomed tree is lovely to me although I hate to think of you driving in that weather. And I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Daiso just opened here. Before that, I had no idea what it was, but others were SO excited. I've yet to visit. Personal barf bags - the Japanese think of everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try the black bean buns if they have them! Terribly for your health but , you know. life is short and getting shorter by the minute...I will take black bean bun to the grave!

      Delete
  7. Never heard of Daiso. Would be a fun outing to browse through but I doubt I would buy anything. Well, maybe the origami paper and the dishware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who could resist plates and bowls with hedgehogs and apples on them? Who could resist a beagle grinning mug? There were cat face bowls as well. Stuff for the garden, stuff for the toilet...stuff!

      Delete
  8. I've not seen a Daiso store in MA. I'll do a search because I love this kind of quirky, practical, fun, useful and even cleaver designed items. A nice mix. And you can be sure I'd come home with a few purchases.
    It's raining in MA too. 20 degrees tonight might leave a bit of snow. Thankfully all the buds on my Magnolia trees are still tightly closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your magnolia is wise to stay tucked in- looks like a wild spring! Cold here, also. My cherry petals are scattered all over the neighborhood. like the aftermath of a wedding party!

      Delete
  9. Sounds interesting and inviting. What is an 'etiquette bag?' Is it full of good manners and pleases and thank yous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "How do you do, pleased to meet you- I shall be up chucking in my tiny bag now, thank you so very much" etiquette...

      Delete
  10. I've never heard of Daiso. It must not have been a thing in NYC when I lived there. Apparently there is no Daiso in London but there are Daiso products at other Japanese stores. I like the euphemism "personal etiquette bag."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toss your cookies in the etiquette bag- would make a nice gift- with home made cookies in them...just a thought...I suppose tarriffs will change Daiso to be more like a fiver store than a dollar store.

      Delete
  11. So Jealous! Wish we had a Daiso. I do go to the ones in Austin when I visit my friends there. I got the cutest “danger butt” magnetic kitty shaped box cutter! The orphans can fit in the doll sized kimonos they sell!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orphans scored! the got biscuits and ice cream and tiny do-nuts as well as bunny masks that are the right amount of creepy.

      Delete
  12. Diaso looks good. Buy now before they hike the prices!

    ReplyDelete