My Blog List

Monday, September 9, 2024

a fine child, ladies in the slammer, a day of beathing in and out.


 Emily sent this photo this morning, first day of school, my god, where did our baby girl go? She is only three ( still a baby) but my goodness does she not look ready for this world! Emmet is still testing positive so I will stay away until he is in the clear. I miss them so much!

Dennis is going to California in about a month or so to another conference- I asked that he be sure to wear a mask this time - he balked, (slow learner) - When he comes home all naked faced I may go to a hotel until he can test properly. 

This is Mr. Bim wearing my apparatus , the tube comes out the top and swivels, the mask is light and squishy- comfortable, not even aware that It is there or that I look like a tele tubby while I slumber.

It has been truly a miracle machine! 

The past several times I have been to medical this and that, when blood pressure is recorded- mine has been abnormally HIGH. Today I went to see my GP , to see if I was going to blow- but , no, the machine has taken care of me. Seems that when one thing goes so very wrong the dominoes fall- one thing, then the next... glad to report I am not going to explode any time soon. Blood pressure back down to low and "athletic" which I am so far from but there you go.

She did prescribe something that she makes, to jump start this old girl- Few side affects , a mild dose just to get me up offa that thang. 

-0-

I have been digging into the old Wyoming Archives on line, mostly photos taken by our childhood neighbor across the street. He was ancient when he started taking photos of us but was still taking them 30 years later. That man just would not die. He took some great shots of Shoshone, Comanche, wagons, the late 1800's plains of Wyo. Loads of Cheyenne and the fancy folks that lived there. Most of them formal.

He did get jiggy in his studio and saved some of the results. Double exposures which must have made his day, as he kept them- all artsy and stuff.


He took a lot of commercial photos and then, when the prison was built, was the main guy to take mug shots. Here are a few- there was no prison for the women folk so- into the slammer they went with the outlaws and hooligans! Records show that the women did not endure lengthy sentences. But, Oh, the shame! Look at these sweet faces! 

The first one I have blogged about before- she made an arsenic pie that killed her father but because she was not much more than a child- she only spent a couple of months in prison. She did not mean to kill him, she was just curious....






The archives are great- deep dive into home town history - photos that really were not that long ago...but seem SO LONG AGO! Mr. Meyers captured it all from one age through to another. Photography is delicious! As was this egg....

The day started out - this little  planet for breakfast while thumbing through my anatomy book. Remember my gay cockatiels that were making a nest and tearing up everything in the house to do so? This is their work.

I charged out to the post office and the bank and the thrift store before visiting my doctor- did grocery shopping, came home, read some more of 'The Brothers Karamotzov"- having been reminded by Fresca. Puts one in the mood to think, ponder, question and fall on  knees at the Dolstoevski  shrine.  I marvel at the brilliance. Pretty sure that Father Ferapont would be head of the scare- your -pants-off- christian GOP in the now times and Ivan would likely be my pal.

Then I tried to build another house but this one is a POS, I gave it to the dinosaur.  The walls -too weak so I put gobs of medium on them to shore them up which just made them fat, the roof did not fit well. I dumped a load of glass on the the roof and hated that so I covered it with white acrylic paint and hated that too.  Know when to fold 'em...know when to run.

So that has been this most magnificent day, still breathing- feeling like I may live to tell another tale! I love the CPAP invention! Thank you, Jaysuz!!


ZZZZZzzzzzzzz-zzzzzzzz glorious sleep.







22 comments:

  1. Those convicts look very well dressed on the whole but I'm not sure I'd want to encounter 680 in a foul mood. Re the house - you may be to hard on yourself. In the photo at least the walls look like ceramic. The gobs (as you assign them) have given it a molded clay look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does look severe, however, I think her crime was "snooping around", creepy enough but prison? You are being kind and generous about the POS house- truly ! It really is a bad house where poisonous spiders might set up house keeping.

      Delete
  2. It looks like the dinosaur is tearing the roof off that house to make a nest with another (gay?) dinosaur!

    Now you make me want to try the brothers Kay again – – I don’t think I got past page 5, but both you and Marz find riches in it…

    Those faces! Those portraits of women arrested would make a book of their own – – are there a lot more?

    And baby flora in her leaping dolphin rainbow shirt! I am with you in hating school but somehow I wonder if it won’t be just the thing for her – – a place for her to organize and energize and to work her magic on. Here’s hoping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Wow--the CPAP is a life saver!!! I am thrilled for you--and relieved for me, when the day comes (if it does)--I had thought they looked so uncomfortable and am glad to see Mr. Bim prove the headgear is fine and friendly.

      Delete
    2. The Brothers K can become tedious , that is when speed reading comes in handy- the final chapters things finally get moving on to BOOM there it is. Leaving the reader in the end wondering who the hell really killed off the old man- so vile I would have done it in the first chapter, would have saved a lot of paper and existential puzzlement that way...
      I think that Flora will LOVE school for a while anyway until they try to dumb her down.She does need direction into the best , most productive educational avenues, she is incredibly smart.
      This machine has brought me back to the land of the living- though several brain cells short....

      Delete
  3. What a far-reaching and visual post! I love it! Your mug shot photos reminded me of the movie I started watching yesterday. You might like it. Quirky and English and filled with profanity AND there's a woman's mug shot. "Wicked Little Letters." Based on a true story.
    I think that Flora is going to love school. New things to explore and figure out.
    What an amazing thing to have found that magical sleep machine. Do you feel rather reinvented?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I will look for "Wicked Little Letters" Quirky, English laced with a fair bit of creative "language" suits me!
      The breathing device is the best invention ever, breathing is such a thing on this earth and when that ceases for eight hours every night- there be trouble! Folks die.
      Flora Jane will be just fine and if she is not her Mom is so tuned in that she will remedy all situations brilliantly. Flora Jane is the focus- most brilliant child - no exaggeration! Her mom was equally as clever when she was wee.

      Delete
  4. I am delighted that the CPAP machine is working so well for you. I think they have vastly improved it in recent years because I had so many people tell me they were uncomfortable with theirs and had stopped using them. Excellent news! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem using this little machine! I look forward to it- what a difference breathing makes! Before I finally obtained the machine I was afraid to go to sleep because of hos sever apnea had become!

      Delete
  5. holy cow! when did Flora turn into a kid? and I'd love to know what those women were incarcerated for. your cpap machine looks loads better than the one the VA gave my son. I'm going to send him pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great model- medicare does not hesitate to pay for it as long as it i used and monitored.
      I KNOW how is it that Flora is nearly ready to vote and drive and rule the world?

      Delete
  6. I would plan on the hotel no matter what. Even with 100% compliance on masking, Dennis could get it again, and then you will, too. Each case of covid comes with a 10 percent chance (at least) of Long Covid. It's not just fatigue, it's like ME/POTS, or like HIV effects on T cells, or dementia. It's a full service virus.
    Yes, and when did Flora get to be such a kid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that is a good plan. Long covid is a slow killer, disabling at best. It is the meanest virus I have ever experienced that is for sure!
      Flora , I guess, just did not have time to be a baby - there are big fish to fry and she is the gal for the job! Being a baby is for babies...So, there she goes- packed a ready!

      Delete
  7. Flora Jane has a lovely smile and she looks more like an excited first grader than a three year old starting school. She will certainly do well.
    Your WY neighbor's photo archive is fascinating. Professionally photographed, well groomed and dressed prisoners is quite original. Somebody should write a book about them.
    Staying safe from Covid is wise and you've got a sound plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. covid just scares me now, having been so ill with it! WOW it is a stinker!
      The prison mug shots of the men are pretty great too, Butch Casidy is one...what a punk!

      Delete
  8. Flora certainly does look ready for school and I just know she will be an A+ student.
    I really dislike double exposure photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Flora continues to find support for her way of looking at the world, rather than become a replica of "good little girl." Your headgear for your CPAP is different than mine, and now I wonder if I can get that style, since mine kind of covers my whole nose...and leaves a mark when I wake up. It was what the home-health care and Dr. recommended a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a modern Millie design for sure! Some folks require full face masks because of restless active sleep- they are reported to stay on - This one is so comfy and less claustrophobic, light and airy as it should be. Airy being key!!

      Delete
  10. Holy smokies! When did she grow 6 inches?

    ReplyDelete