Now we know, as the fruit ripens, what they are- delicious! The purple balls are "Indigo Rose tomatoes". They are juicy, not as sweet as cherry tomatoes and have a distinct savory herbal taste- like how the vines smell. Anyway I am sold, I ate three in a sandwich just now. Fabulous. sometimes mistakes are nice surprises- sometimes the opposite.
A mistake was made by the helicopter technician when he said , looks like you are normal. Clinic just phoned. Severe apnea is 32...I am at 46!!! Holy cow, I mean I knew that I had no energy and that I could not breathe and that I rattled the house to the ground but 46 is nearly gasping from the grave!
So, yes I will be getting a machine and I may live another lifetime of breathing at night. Second lease, we will call it.
This is another millet grass that planted itself from the bird seed we leave out for bird dinners. It is very pretty and I am sure the birds will love it in their salad. We used to eat millet instead of rice when we were working the trails. Easier to cook on a small fire, add a little Willow Run and sunflower seeds and call it a hearty meal. Worked for us, as we blazed through the mountains with machetes to clear paths for sneaker wearing tourist hikers. We covered about ten miles a day.The green tomato is just getting started- only has a few more days of summer to accomplish it's mission... and the round squash is a zucchini called an eight ball. Great for stuffing, says Mr. Google in the kitchen. There is only one on the entire bush, all of the flowers were male, large and beautiful but ...wasted energy.
These are balls in the yard, left over from a birthday party. There were many but these two got stuck in the bushes , and so they remain, wondering where the others went.
I was going through My mother's bag of stuff , trying to remember when she died- she had sleep apnea , un-diagnosed, un treated, her heart gave out at age 80.
These are our driver's licenses at the same age of 77. Driver's license photos are always criminal looking but my mother wore lipstick and ear rings just to take the trash out., so her photos were always sweet. I had just blown in from a winter storm, not expecting to have to remove my glasses and my stocking hat- but there you go *click* , thank you, pay the fee...That was a year ago before my eyes started acting crazy. I rather doubt that I would pass the eye test now but I am not going to tell that to anyone....
Anyway, it does not seem possible that my Mom died in 1996, first day of spring! What seems like a fresh yesterday is an entire lifetime ago for some- the years, they do fly!
Finally, just for your entertainment- The ice cream museum in Manhattan opened a new sprinkles pit. As you can see it is illusion to look like a pool but also , as you can see is very shallow. Some guy is suing the museum because he dove in and broke his ankle and hurt himself. suing for hurt ankle, emotional distress, loss of work and permanent damage.








What an idiot. Did he think he was diving into the deep end? Best wishes with the sleep apnea. My sister swears by her machine. As does my daughter with hers.
ReplyDeleteNo kidding, idiotic! The machne has to be run by insurance and medicare- all of that before I can get fitted...takes so long for anything medical to get done these days.
DeleteI know a few people with sleep machines and hope I never need one. The sprinkles pit doesn't look like fun to play in and what idiot dives right in just because an ad says to? Probably did it on purpose to sue for money.
ReplyDeleteI will be curious to know if he wins his case!
DeleteGood that you're getting a machine. Here's hoping your sleep improves.
ReplyDeleteYeah apnea is more serious than one might think- Carrie Fisher died of apnea- stopped her heart. Shit happens, dangit.
DeleteSome people seem to have no brains or else they're too sharp for their own good.
ReplyDeleteMy son-in-law has a sleep apnoea device - it helps him but it drives my daughter mad because it's so noisy! Hope you don't have to wait too long.
humans are not the brightest are they? My hope is that the insurance comes through sooner rrather than later- I don[t mind out of pocket purchase of machine if it gets the ball rolling. But, medical stuff here is a loops and roundabouts!
DeleteI do hope the machine helps, my husband says he sleeps much better when he uses his. I do too as it stops his snoring. I love pleasant surprises in the garden!
ReplyDeleteXoxo
Barbara
A plethora of machines out there, all are pricey but can one really put a price on breathing? As surprises in the garden- it helps if one does not know for certain what plants are what in the initial planting!
DeleteI am so glad they figured out the diagnosis, it didn't seem right to me after all the sleep distress you had described. I am still using my mouthpiece although there is now nobody to tell me if I am snoring or not! I never got a number other than being told I was waking 30 times an hour, every 2 mins. JanF
ReplyDeleteAs difficult as it is to get into the sleep clinic I would advise you do so- possibly Skagit Hospital which would have been my first choice but the date was way down the line! Anyway, Jan, Make an appointment with Northstar Sleep medicine asap! There are symptoms- waking with a headache, sore throat, weary throughout the day, weight gain, racing heart when gasping for air in the night...I am truly amazed that enough data was collected from my horrible night at the clinic!
DeleteI'm glad you got the corrected diagnosis so you can stay safe with a sleep machine. Someone better speak to that technician who gave you the wrong result. Goofy!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the purple tomatoes turned out to be yummy! Pretty to look at too!
The technician was really an electrician I reckon, He is certainly not a health care person. The tomatoes are DELISH!!!!
DeleteI suspect the technician said you were good to go simply because all the tests had been run and all wires removed from you, then the readings were passed on to someone qualified to make sense of them.
DeleteI am not sure how in the world they got a diagnosis at all after hearing how you described the test but hell- I guess they did! I hope you get your machine sooner rather than later.
ReplyDeleteI sort of love that photo from the museum.
And I had a feeling that your tomatoes might turn into something worth eating. She sure are pretty.
I hope to get the machine quickly...but you know how slowly everything medical can be! Never mind that the patient is dying slowly...crazy country we live in. I would love to go to an ice cream museum and take Flora jane. That would be dreamy ice creamy!
DeleteAnything related to medical care is a trip to never-never land. The system and process never ceases to surprise. Having an accurate diagnosis is one good step forward. I'll look for some purple toms as I do like savory. It takes all kinds...but who dives right in? Now we know and he's going to court. Idiot.
ReplyDeleteHe also is a breeder, he has children! The tomatoes take forever to become something edible- patience is a virtue...If they are not over ripe they are sour and hard.
DeleteWow! It's a good thing you got the correct diagnosis! That explains a lot about why you've been feeling so run down.
ReplyDeleteI gotta say I don't have much sympathy for the guy diving in that "pool," but I also think the museum probably shouldn't have used that wording in its ad!
I have zero sympathy for blatant idiots - a grown assed man for godsake!
DeleteI often wonder if it hurts to be as stupid as diver boy, now I have proof! Bad news on the sleep score, sorry, guess there's not a lot of crossover between wrenching on helicopters and interpreting sleep study results. Rats!!
DeleteRATS! You siai it. I will be glad to get a machine though, finally, eventually...
Deletewhat an idiot.he really thought there was a deep pool of sprinkles in the middle of the floor in the museum?! sounds like a candidate for the Darwin awards. I must have missed the post of the wrong diagnosis. here's hoping you can sleep better with a machine plastered to your face.
ReplyDeleteThe mask is not a comfort, breathing is so, weigh and measure pros and cons, that cons of not wearing the face machine is - deader than a door nail.
DeleteSprinkles diver will probably win his lawsuit.
ReplyDeleteThank you for clearing up the purple ball mystery - I've never heard of Indigo Rose Tomatoes.
A 46 on the apnea scale! You're an overachiever!