My Blog List

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

summer berries, summer Flora, another day

Berry season - they are so good this year. I think that I will make a granma cake with heavy cream - berries on top and eat all of it all by myself, saving Dennis from a diabetic comma. Thoughtful that way.

Violets are plump.
 

Volunteers on the deck still going strong, Not sure how mint decided to move in so closely with chives but  there you go. They seem to like each other. And the ghost nettles have returned having become tired due to lack of rain. Enthused now and full of bees. Could be the positivity of the Harris campaign and the VP choice, whom is loveable, trustworthy  and so DAD! Plants know things.

It's BACK!!!

Yesterday a perfect Flora day- this is one of her paintings and the artist with a bag of cookies.


Remember when she was a larvae? Her eyes were brilliant bright blue? Now  green, like her Mom's and absolutely the most stunning eyes up close I have ever seen- kaleidoscope  components! Lovely child.

She had plans for the day, first there was a cow that needed some medical attention, the  lighter was a "water bottle". The cow will live but has to spend a day on her side.

A stick  was found by the side of the shed.

Flora knew exactly what to do , dig a hole, maybe start building a  fence, or just make sure that it is upright for some  gravity experiment. Science...

 "I touched a BUG". 

There was a family of pill bugs  living near the stick. She  called the touched bug "Tiny  Tiny."  Because that is his name.



Getting back home from  work she had to take the slide hi-way head first, veered right ended up  in the lake at the side of the road.



We never did get the dishes done, but we did manage to get  soaked to the bone.  Flora informed me that she does not have bones. I believe everything she tells me. She put her pants on like a shrug and declared herself a butterfly -" of course you are"- "I have to find my babies" off she flew and found two of her babies after a lengthy search ( about five seconds) - one baby was a nursing pad,one was a wet wipe, she put them to bed in  her books.

-0-

One female and many males...this large plant will make ONE squash after all of this fuss. The purple balls will never be tomatoes , they are very hard and do not seem to be growing plumper, They are Quarter  and dime sized, just taking up space , like the  massive showy male blossoms.  The squash flower boys are as large as Dennis's hand.

 The flowers are nice. 



Marigolds large fist sized, look like an Indian festival, don't they?

sad purple balls.

19 comments:

  1. Flora is engaged and engaging. Also busy, busy, busy. So is your deck, sans tomatoes, as purple balls do not qualify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. purple balls sounds a bit painful -
      Flora does not stop for one minute until her mo tells her "quiet time" during which she stays in her room joyfully playing by herself, such a happy child- secure and well loved.

      Delete
  2. All your plants look so vibrant and healthy, I could warm my cold hands over those marigolds!
    Flora is a busy bee that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I do believe that your hands would be very warm over the marigolds! Radiant!!

      Delete
  3. Mygod that child is a blessing to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flora is fresh air. everything under the sun is new again. and your flowers are glorious. everything is hot and tired here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot and tired sounds like giving the eff up. I personally , can not do hot not even if it means cheaper cost of living. NOPE.
      Flora has the best imagination of any child I have ever known, She is "allowed".

      Delete
  5. I agree with you about Walz. The Republicans try to slur him by calling him "Tampon Tim". Bite me.
    Flora. She is a sunbeam infused with stardust magic. Just a glory, that child.
    Have you ever eaten fried squash blossoms? They are a thing. I had them once at someone's house.
    Yes. The marigolds are an Indian festival all on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA I had not heard "tampon Tim" and am not really sure what that means exactly. For the trump cult it has an addictive ring to it- like "lock her up"...such simpletons. I have not eaten squash blossoms- I image they taste like they smell- maybe a little bit bitter. AND Flora's little brother is so yummy I can barely put him back in his mother's arms- believe, me, if I could lactate that child would be MINE!

      Delete
    2. Oh I get it now, Tampon Tim because he made tampons free in women's restrooms. Thank you TIM!!

      Delete
  6. Have you tried a bite of the purple tomatoes? I wonder if their edible anyway?
    Your plants look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flora's world is pure magic, filled adventure and delight. Sharing a day with Flora sounds like great fun. I've never seen the likes of purple tomatoes and will avoid them. Your squash plant is taking over. The the big leaves and bright yellow flowers make a great show. What's not to like about cheerful and bright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time spent with Flora is such a gift! She just gives and gives- such a beautifully energetic kiddo!

      Delete
  8. How your garden grows! Except... what's up with the purple balls and why don't they want to be tomatoes?
    Flora is too adorable, no matter what color her eyes and lack of bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the purple balls were a mistake of the parents- headed for prison (compost) right off the bat. Flora is the first person I have ever met that claims to have no bones.

      Delete
  9. A bright and cheerful little girl in a bright and cheerful garden - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunshine certainly brings out the best! A short lived event to be sure...we generally live in the dark bone chilling Pacific North. Sunshine is an event!!

      Delete