My Blog List

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Out with Stella, girl with the best ideas

Houses hanging on to the edge facing the bay, the republican side of the street as they were the ones with money enough back then to buy  the large houses this side of the street. Democrats lived opposite.
Stella and I went to the harbor for a bite and a chat. She has been a very busy girl! Planning and executing a 90th Birthday party for her mother in law- working at AL, getting her stuff ready for a huge sale this week end- decided that Etsy was just not cutting it these days.
I sent a parcel yesterday wrapped in Christmas paper. The postal clerk said _ "good idea, Christmas this year is going to be absurd, we are thinking to close down the postal station during christmas". Can't say that I blame them! Plus the cost of shipping anything now is ridiculous. So, fair warning, if you have christmas parcels to send , do it now.

This morning on the deck was  ideal summer. Maple and the raccoon sat among the growing things  *sigh*, they sighed.... This has been the strangest summer for me and quick, it won't make any difference if fall comes tomorrow.  I love seeing the flowers , the light, and the blue sky but I have not been out in it - vitamin D  in this body is  probably non existent. There was a time when I lived outside - summer was hiking walking skinny dipping  in the bay, barefoot dancing , half clothed- good times. When this area was not populated....now there is no elbow room - people everywhere , in our precious serene spots - up on the mountain and in the meadow- along the shore and in the forest on the way to the lake. It was heaven on earth.

Just look at it now!!! People and their nasty detritus, rudeness and noise. GODAMMITGITOFFAMYLAWN!  I don't mind the city  full of humans  in  London - it's had time to adjust- like hundreds and thousands of years. I know what to expect. But HERE? dang, it is making me bitter.





Maple snoozing on a leaf. In the sunshine, a perfect 70 degrees. NOT cranky. I tell myself, "be Maple."

At least there is an election to look forward to- never thought I would say that! And Stella and I may be going to Palm Springs for her Birthday in October....Always a great Birthday for Stella- we went to Paris for her 64th. THAT was a bit of alright.

I would say "let's do that again" ,but I am probably the only person in the universe who does not like Paris, so Let's go to Palm Springs.....

Good enough.

Oh, almost forgot - Stella gave me this sassy dancer today. Rescued from AL. What a beauty.


 







 

17 comments:

  1. Love Maple snoozing on the leaf and the sassy dancer. Hope the birthday party goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolls are such great little representations of the best of humans. Maple and the orphans - I mean, really, who would not love to have their company??

      Delete
  2. Stella is a jewel. So are you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. and vitamin O for orphan, vitamin G for girlettes.

      Delete
  4. beautiful blue sky but yeah too many people. Palm Springs in October should be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, we have been there before in October and it was perfect, but who knows- climate is not predictable...

      Delete
  5. Love the sassy doll and your beautiful flowers! You have created a lovely oasis for yourself in your yard so at least you can still go out and enjoy that. You and Stella will have a wonderful time in Palm Springs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick says the same thing about big cities and our city. A world of difference -- it's what you expect. Maple is so dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason I lived here is not here anymore. The abrupt change is not easy to adapt to. Everyday is more intense it seems and traffic is too heavy for the roads- you know how it is!

      Delete
  7. You and Stella have the perfect plan. This celebration will be something great to look forward to. I also prefer open space and it is harder and harder to find. This summer has been far to hot. 90-100 degrees F is unbearable so, like you, I've not been outdoors like I usually am. A cool Fall would be ideal. After all the heat, I would not mind some good snow this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I do agre with the Snow wish! Snow slows things down and is really beautifully clean! Heat is not our friend....like gravity .

      Delete
  8. I am the second person on the planet who is out of love with Paris. We were there in 2016, shortly after a terrorist attack and during really snotty weather. STILL the crowds were horrible, lines for everything, we ended up renting a car and driving down to the invasion beaches. Still crowded, but less so. We're so glad we went when we did, which was earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are we crazy- not loving Paris- Certainly rare from all accounts...If someone gave me a ticket and a place to stay I would still have to decline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Parisians are not very friendly, so that doesn't encourage visitors.
    Light and bright in your garden and a birthday celebration is always something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete