My Blog List

Saturday, November 11, 2023

The cool A F science museum

Entering the medicine floor of the science museum this tall man reading , greets you. Seriously! 

He is an eleven and a half foot tall sculpture of Rick Genest , Zombie Boy, Canadian artist/ model who has covered his outside with ink of his insides- Brain, organs, muscles, nerves…98% of his skin is inked. ( wrong tense, should be past,  died at age 32, from a fall on his beautiful head)

Marc Quinn created the sculpture titled “ Self Conscious Gene”. Oh Lordy caramba! Isn’t he amazing! Yes, he is!





 My boot wants to marry his boot. He most certainly has deportment, and I love him.

The other gob smacking sculpture is this;





Here are some details, but not all. 








Breathless , gasping! The artist left no stone unturned, holy cow! The chamber in her skirt flickers from the candles as  the almost dead guy waits so patiently for death. Have you had enough? Yeah, thought so, BUT- here’s more…





The top model is from the seventeen hundreds the lower one, early eighteen hundreds. The organs can be taken out and studied on their own. WAX! As fresh as the day they were made. Keep away from radiator.

Just a taste of the museum med section, it is loaded-four and a half hours barely made a dent. Admission is the right price for povvo times, FREE . This town is generous.



17 comments:

  1. These are THE best!!! ❤️👁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not be seeing anything this cool at home in Bellingham, that is for sure! I hope these inspire the Girlettes❤️

      Delete
  2. You do find the most interesting stuff to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London is loaded with visuals/ art

      Delete
  3. Tatto man's perfect spine! I can even see the two places mine was crushed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The statues are amazing! And the "opened" bodies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The individual organs for study , the ultimate puzzle.

      Delete
  5. All perfectly amazing and mind-blowing but Santa Medicina may be the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life and thank you for showing it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you Mary. That entire section is about women’s bodies, pregnancies , deliveries and all that went wrong. Men, basically. I may post some of it .

      Delete
  6. I just read a book based in London in the 1800s and the main character, as a child, a street urchin under the protection of an older man, what they did was find dead bodies, the fresher the better and sometimes dug them up after a burial for the medical community to dissect and learn anatomy. all hush hush and secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a common practice, a common crime. They went on to develop iron cages to house the coffins so that the bodies would not be desecrated.

      Delete
  7. Interesting and fascinating. One of the best things about London are the free museums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially the science museum, wow, it goes on forever!

      Delete
  8. These are absolutely fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! All are amazing, especially Santa Medicinal. I think I could look at that one for hours. Thanks again for taking us along!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I scroll through your posts I am increasingly delighted at all the things you are finding that I want to see. For years the Wellcome Collection was one of our favourite parts of the Science Museum and we used to take the kids and all our visitors there. Then it closed down and I always thought it moved to the Wellcome building in Euston Road, but although that is certainly well worth seeing, (I recommend the Reading Room if you haven't been) this building lacked the creepy atmospheric charm of the old galleries. Now i find to my delight that rather than closing it all down, they must have been rebuilding the galleries. I am thrilled!

    ReplyDelete