Yesterday I had to take a “ walk it off “ walk. I walked to the happy place , House Of Dreams, not open but just walking by lifted my spirits. The sheet paper that I bought there needed to be flattened to photo so I put it on the wall with white sticky tack, which I use all the time at home. Never a problem. But as luck in Spider-Man’s unit would have it, it took the thin layer of paint right off. Easy to remedy with a touch up from the left over paint. I phoned Spider-Man and asked where he kept it so I could touch up. He totally lost his mind and screamed at me, accused me of all sorts of things, and then went off on a tirade because initially I asked if it was ok to buy a broom and that still grated on him.. Spider-Man has issues!
He claimed that he would now have to have everything repainted professionally and would have to find the secret recipe ( matching) somewhere in the universe and I have caused monumental horror. He did rant forcefully , irrationally. I have never been at the receiving end of such wrath and accusations.
I took photos and a video to send to him , but he will only communicate through Airbnb , I don’t know my password and can not change it from here with my tiny device, so have been going through Dennis using my computer. This has proved to be hilarious as Dennis accidentally sent the wrong photo from my file….a photo of Erik partying wildly at a street party, whiskey in hand….so now I am pretty sure that Spider-Man is in a right snit, knowing that I must be throwing wild parties.
This is the horrific damage-enhanced a little to make it show better for Spider-Man’s insurance. I apologized for the mistake , and apologized some more, but he just kept on screaming , basically calling me a liar and that sort of verbal abuse. Ok so now I am less sorry and if this flat fell into the sea I would not be bothered.
I managed to go to an “ antique” market. A sad bear looked longingly at me . He is in sorry shape but clean. I asked Sarah if she might be able to help , to have a new patient in her Sarah hospital for the unloved. She can fix anything. So he will go to her house soon. And there he will stay with her bear family.
And for three pounds this girl because she is a darling freak.
I bought lunch in the crypt, a roasted potato with cheddar and a spoonful of baked beans and tea, cheapest lunch ! It is odd - priorities and cash… I would rather have a cheap lunch and buy a wounded bear, I would rather top up my oyster card than go out on the town. Staying this far removed without a tube station does chip into travel and the time it takes to get anywhere. And now I am thinking that maybe this is not ideal. Only because Spider-Man has fierce issues -he sounds rational on “ paper”, as so many folks do. Just another lesson to put in the file of lessons… do not trust written words blindly. Trust first instincts and do not hesitate to change plans.
Buying affordable groceries is always a good idea. Yesterday I ate four pounds worth. No biscuits! Yay, me. Especially since this flat is so incredibly pricey. I am insane.
It’s all so silly and waste of drama… there are massacres happening in Gaza and , not to forget, Ukrainian still being smashed. There are american xl bully dogs being banned in the Uk, what is the criteria to determine ? Will they also ban Olga. It’s a fine line once that comes into law and what is one to do with their beloved pet . Humans are so aggravating!
A storm is on its way, it has a name but I forget what to call it… when storms have names seems that they have more power ? I don’t know, it’s really just weather, always has been but with names storms seem more like celebrities. The bbc talks about them like they are Spider-Man.







Oh no, that Spider Man definitely has issues. The one you rent from. Poor bear does need some TLC. Scary girl doll needs a hat or something! Good lesson learned about Spider Man. I had a relative who was always very promising in friendship to others, then would become terrifically needy and sap their caring until they ran away...much as I did. Just saying, beware the good sounding folks in writing! If only we had a litmus test for their sincerity!
ReplyDeleteGood Lord. With all that's going on in the world this person loses his shit over what can barely be seen on a wall? If you had not mentioned it, he probably never would have noticed. And he freaked out because you wanted to buy a broom?
ReplyDeleteHe has issues. To say the least.
What big eyes your little dolly has! She is perpetually stunned!
Hahaha yes little dolly , welcome to life on earth! Well you know , a broom can be a scary thing..especially to a spider…
DeleteI am so sorry you have to deal with Spider-Freak. Someone needs to tell him to chillax. As others have observed, there are much bigger problems in the world, and if he's that touchy about his flat perhaps he shouldn't put it on Air B&B.
ReplyDeleteThis whole Bully debate is so interesting. I'm not worried about Olga being affected -- she's about half the size of a BullyXL. (She was about 40 lbs at her heaviest, and BullyXLs start at about 70 lbs.) But yes, it is a slippery slope. I already feel that because Pit Bulls are banned, and to me there's only a whisper of difference between Olga and a Pit Bull.
I do understand the bully xl thing. We had a pit bull that went over the edge with his locked on target thing. Sweetest dog with us but nearly killed another dog. It’s really all about people, the irresponsible breeding and the humans who do not train, or love. People should be banned!
Deletewhoa! what an asshole. and why do you need his permission to buy a broom? if you want to use a broom, buy a broom. if he doesn't want it after you leave he can throw it away. any possibility of finding another place for the rest of your stay?
ReplyDeleteI know, he is a piece of work! I would love to move but the expense is too great.
DeleteFRESCA here:
ReplyDeleteLordie! He is OUT OF ORDER.
Should you/would you report him to Air bnb?
Can you/will you move locations?
Meanwhile, send any toys/dolls that need respite to me, to stay over the holidays, if you like!
LOVE the new ones!!!
love you too
A broken spider for sure, he has personality quirks and such a fiery temper that his venom stings hard! Crazy dude!
Deleteomg, what is UP with Spider-man? And I say get the damn broom if you want.
ReplyDeleteNot sure what sort of emotionaldisfunction the spider may sport. He’s kind of scary.
DeleteWe had the two terrible, over priced condos last winter. I really really wanted to savage them both in reviews, but ultimately did not. I have read that the landlords can savage the renter right back, and black list so to speak. In the end I said nothing. It's doubtful I'll ever use AirBnB again, but you never know. I'm sorry you're renting from such a nut bag, it's just not necessary for him to be such a rat bastard.
ReplyDeleteI remember your weird experience! You are right about reviews , I will not be leaving one…but I may still buy a broom.
DeleteBest not to contact Spidey about anything ever again. He clearly has issues. What kind of reviews did he have? He sounds scary!
ReplyDeleteBella, he is frightening! Clearly not one to aggravate I even the slightest way. His reviews are ok but his response to reviews are dodgy , has a thing about walls!, and total control, he should not offer his home on Airbnb .
DeleteSpider Boy sounds like a real jackass. It must suck to be him.
ReplyDeleteYou are not wrong, Jim! Something or someone must have hurt him deeply -childhood? Maybe.
DeleteIs Olga a bulldog? I thought she is a boxer. I hope Spider-man calms down.
ReplyDeleteStaffy I think, she is the sweetest easily mistaken for pit bull mix , maybe. Freaks people out , those who are not tuned to the difference.
DeleteI've now reached a post in your blog when I find out who Spider Man is. I am so sorry to hear about him. Have y ou considered reporting him to Airbnb? I reported one of two horrible Airbnbs in Paris. One was just miserable nothing specific. The other was downright dangerous, and although Airbnb apparently do not have a policy of making hosts refund money, they have a certain amount of discretion for refunding up to about 150 pounds or so out of their own budget. It may not be worth the trouble of doing it, mind you, since you are obviously staying in Spider Mans place for a while.
ReplyDeleteYou may want to buy a broom just in case he shows up in person. Yeesh. Spider man is spinning out of control.
ReplyDelete