Justice!
The oldest statue in the land, the queen of everything, carved in her lifetime. Nothing quite like an old queen.
First clock ever to have a second hand. And the warriors that bong the bell.
Never pass by a fancy church without goin in to see excellent works!
The carved wooden iconic nave was carved in Romania and is now housed in saint Dunstan of the East.
With a better representation of little man, brown Jesus.
There is so much cool art in churches. And sometimes, solace. No matter if the creed of the congregation seems ridiculous. Churches that have cool shit, and that leave you alone to make of it what you will, are somewhat worthy. Peace.
And Justice!













Interesting how churchy the court of justice is...at least the facade and entrance.
ReplyDeleteYeah, god talk is everywhere, courts, inaugurations, I guess it’s supposed to make decisions more legit… never has, never will..
DeleteSweet Little Brown Jesus' mother has alien hands.
ReplyDeleteThat carved nave is unbelievable. I wonder how many years it took to complete that. It is almost possible to see the Middle Eastern in that Jesus. I bet there is an incomprehensible amount of symbolism (symbology?) in those paintings.
If this painting was not for holy god reasons it would be an interesting work of art.
DeleteThese are wonderful photos -- each and every one. I really love that Fleet Street building. That's an area we didn't explore when we were there. Might have to change that next time!
ReplyDeleteA walk down the strand is rewarding! Step into all of the buildings !
DeleteI agree -- I love a silent church that I can explore at leisure. I never knew about that statue of Elizabeth I being the oldest in the land!
ReplyDeleteIt’s a pretty great statue, carved in her time and looking more human thAn the portraits of her.
DeleteA lovely photo dump. Is that sweeper pushing the trash into the road? For collection?
ReplyDeleteHe picks up the swept piles and puts them in a big black plastic bag. Why not let the wind take the leaves, I wonder
DeleteEngland does old very, very well. I could walk those streets everyday and not have enough.
ReplyDeleteWould be great to go north to see the really old stuff. London still has a lot of left over Roman.
Deletechurches aren't my thing. all that obscene wealth spent on a building instead of helping those in need. I do like the facade of that old pub though.
ReplyDelete