The broken, missing tiles are along Fleet Street in a hidden entryway to nowhere. They yearned to have their picture taken - everyone makes such a fuss over the magnificence of buildings there and the amazing church, saint Dunstan in the East. But these gorgeous tiles go wanting.
The stone path is in Nunhead cemetery , where Sarah and I spent the day the path is made of broken headstones and stone crosses that have toppled.. Fabulous it was, too. Loads of mud -autumn weather. The birds were loving it, Sarah identifying their sounds and warning calls.
The only thing lacking was a place to get coffee.
Checking to see if anyone is home. They may have been but they were “ sleeping”.
This totally looks fake. I took photo with my phone and then took photo of photo to put on my tiny device, anyway you get the idea…loads of shrooms. It is such a beautiful forest and the day was perfect. We came back to the neighborhood, bought vegan pasties and sausage rolls from the street market, brought them back to spiders flat for coffee and a check for possible hidden cameras, we found none.








Good idea to check for the hidden cameras. The guy sounds creepy enough to do that.
ReplyDeleteIt is against the law to have them and not make it known, but you know Spider-Man !
DeleteLovely photos, as always. Glad you found no cameras.
ReplyDeleteHi Joanne, I still am unable to leave comments on your blog.
DeleteI get those "fake' mushrooms in my lawn now and again, when you touch them to pull them up they squish and disintegrate and leave black on the fingers.
ReplyDeleteMaking a path is a great way to use broken crosses and headstones. The forgotten tiles are lovely and now immortalised on yoru camera/phone.
There are so many forgotten graves, headstones in that cemetery. Good use of the toppled ones for sure, though they can be slippery.
DeleteI wonder what the story is behind that first tile mural. Seems a shame it's been smashed up. Oh Lord, cameras! Hadn't thought of that!
ReplyDeleteNunhead cemetery is one of my elder daughter's favourite places. I really like Nunhead. I once saw a postwar prefab for sale there in its garden with a little apple tree. It was charming and I absolutely loved it. It very cheap as those houses were only built to last a few years, and I had inherited some money It would have been a strain to buy it. Those prefabs were full of asbestos and it was a wreck, yet I have regrettted it ever since. I wonder if I would choose to buy it in similar circumstances now?
ReplyDelete