Plan for the day was to take the number twelve to holland park, but the streets are being torn up, diversions happen. I walked to four bus stops and still the #12 did not show up, so, I took the usual bus to Covent garden . I bought a little silver dog and his brother from the hands in top photo. A silversmith and a man of good character. His tattoos cover his arms and half of his face, they are actually pretty gorgeous.
The Yards in Covent Garden is a two acre patch of ground , mostly dining, it appears. Calm and quiet -a nice step away from the crowds. Wandering aimlessly is so nice. This town just keeps giving.
I planned again to go to holland park today , number twelve still not working , and I don’t have the will to do the bus / tube shuffle. I may just stay here , catch up on a few things, laundry, groceries…
I cut my leg this morning and as luck would have it I was in the kitchen spurting blood and not in the living area! Little miracles, right. Anyway it’s no big deal , but so could have been.
The sun has been wonderful . Weather news keeps predicting loads of rain, but the sun god outfoxes , I think the sun god might be a show off. . I tip my tea cup to the sun god!
Finally here is a closer look at the old queen , just because I like her and the amazing nave from Romania.
I apologize for the poor quality of photos. I probably should have brought my adult camera especially since this is going to be my last trip to London, probably. If there is a next time I will stay in a safer ,more predictable, hotel. One with helpful mice, like where Sally stayed. The orphans are not fond - I am a relic- and spider issues have shat on my parade. BUT it’s all worth it. Last hoorah and all. Life is just swell! Insecure humans, not so much.
Sassy girl from the market.
And a pig on the street, secure in the knowing that it will never be a roast.














It sounds like a great day, Linda! I'm glad you have sun -- it makes the walks more fun. Is Holland Park where Leighton House is? I must go there. Vanessa Woolf of London Dreamtime just did a presenation there. I'm so hoping that when we finally get to London I can see one of her atmospheric storytelling events. I'll remember The Yard -- that looks like a nice little nook for a break!
ReplyDeleteJeanie, if you have walking and getting around problems I suggest foregoing the tube. The busses are much more user friendly.
DeleteI have thought of that nave several times now. It is truly a massive work of art.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that this year's flat has been such a horror show. And now to think you've cut yourself in the kitchen! I'd ask how you cut your leg but I've cut myself in the leg in the kitchen before. It happens. I like your sassy girl. She reminds me of a Girl Scout- the green of her dress and hat, I'm sure. A very fancy girl scout.
And what a fine pig. He's gone to market, I guess.
And I almost forgot to say- that is a very fine pair of bronze bosoms.
DeleteI am not to be trusted with sharp objects… and sticky tack. I will mess up the whole place. Yes that nave is quite a work, I would love to have it as a room divider. The little Girl Scout is stout! And by the way, the seller told me that her name is Lilly-so f course I had to buy her.
DeleteYou're really getting a lot out of this trip. So we are too, thank you. Weird landlords notwithstanding.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased to hear. Afraid that my trip is sort of like when dad brought out the slides to show bored friends , our summer trips in the car…
DeleteFRESCA HERE:
ReplyDeleteI'm loving every photo you post!
Have you been up to the British Museum yet? I am a fan of the "new" center court, where you can sit with a cup of tea and watch people. I haven't been since 2006 so don't know the area anymore--Bloomsbury and environs--but I loved wandering down lots of little alleys leading to tucked away postage stamp parks and cemeteries.
It is a fun area. I have been there and the ceiling does make one feel small. I love the layout and the hugeness. Blown away by what it houses.overwhelming.
Deleteanother lovely day of wandering. I love the building covered in fern? moss?
ReplyDeleteLiving wall, not sure how they are maintained. Ferns need a lot of water and shade. ?
DeleteI am really enjoying your posts and sharing them with several other people! JanF
ReplyDeleteHello neighbor, glad you are coming along with me.
DeleteAlways fun to wander. Don't let Spider shit on your parade! Hopefully his ill will has subsided by now or at least you don't have to deal with him. Glad you didn't bleed on the furniture! 😱
ReplyDeleteI would be sleeping rough if blood got on anything other than the kitchen floor! Or dead from MURDER. It’s wonderful to wander, explore leisurely. What a town, eh?
DeleteBeautiful photos. I wish we were there. Don't know if that will ever come again. At some point, could you divulge where Sally is staying, so that if it does happen we could go there and not to the lair of the spider.
ReplyDeleteThe sunshine is so good right now, not hot just pleasant. If you do come back to London I will give you some options.
DeleteThanks for the close up of the old queen. I tried to find her in an enlarged photo, but couldn't. Sorry you cut your leg, but excellent on keeping the mess in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteYes, bleeding to death in the kitchen is way more thoughtful!
DeleteHow did you come to cut your leg? Not badly I hope. I like the bright yellow table and chairs in Covent Garden and the sassy market girl.
ReplyDeleteAccidents happen.
DeleteThanks for sharing a bit of London with us. The pig!!! I love it. Sorry about your leg.
ReplyDeletePig is such a happy pig! Glad that you are looking at London , what a town!!
DeleteAs I'm reading this backwards in time, I don't know about the flat, but I found the most awful Airbnbs in Paris and I will think twice before getting one in a capital city again.
ReplyDelete