Boarding the bus into town…everyone feeling festive? Or maybe this fancy person dresses up everyday , celebrating themself as well they should! I went to Saint Martin’s to buy two bars of soap, the best in the land! Intending to walk on up Haymarket I decided that turning a different direction was more enticing. Unfamiliar ground . London is like that, any direction is a wonder well worth exploration. Going back to my ho-Dee-do life will be a let down no doubt., plus there is all of that political shite , difficult to avoid, so, for now, I walk and bus contentedly, the politics of the UK are amusing . David Cameron is back, made a Lord to get his foot in the door ,described as “a disappointed jacket potato ,too long in the microwave”, everyone bemused about the absurdity. So, yeah, not the existential dread that the United States faces. Bland ,moist jacket potato - can not hold a candle to the evil doings in the United Stares Of Bullshite- .No competition- USA wins. Argentina is prettyfucked up but does not count, because it is not “a beacon”. Trump inspired the entire globe, just in time to make matters worse for the human species. Brilliant. Well played , worst of human nature in action, Shakespeare said it best.
I went into SaintGiles because choral music was spilling out. The church isn’t much though I am sure it is historically significant. I then meandered through SoHo. Square. Pretty little area, statue of Charles the second stands in the center. A statue from early 1600 , once part of a fountain, now alone , weathered , repaired badly, but thoughtfully given a bottle of wine ,by some empathetic admirer.
Ok ,I will stop now….but not until I take you back to the spider hole, through the neighborhood and back to a cup of tea. Pink jeep, uncommon sight. I peeked inside looking for “Just Ken.” No one there but the interior was leather and lovely , cream and pink delish!
Good day and good night. Thank you for walking with me.





















What a great trek. I particularly like tiled entryways to shops with appropriate designs, and the snail is right up there.
ReplyDeleteMe too, tiled entryways are charming, well done, holding up to hundreds of years of footsteps!
DeleteSo many wondrous sights to explore, I love the walks you take us on.
ReplyDeleteOh good, so pleased that I am not dragging you along reluctantly, asking “ are we there yet”.
Deleteby the time you get back I won't have to go to London. I will have seen it all.
ReplyDeleteNot so sure about that- everyone finds their own individual adventure, something entirely different.
DeleteIt's true. Trump will go down in history as a person who made the whole world worse.
ReplyDeleteNothing that a cup of special Putin tea would not fix….
DeleteLooks like a fun day with lots of sights! I am unamused at Cameron's return to government. He's less personally odious than Trump but he has been hugely damaging to the UK. We do not need him back.
ReplyDeleteYes he is a mystery choice. He looks like he is always wearing soggy pants…
DeleteWhy on earth is Cameron back? I saw the headline, but didn't read the article. Too immersed in the recent additional gutting of the Voting Rights Bill. Bastards. You've done this trip so well, not rushing to various must see museums, but instead the daily meander through cool streets.
ReplyDeleteAfter suella got sacked they had to fill the void, I guess, and Cameron was unemployed so ….politics are so dumb. Dangerous and dumb. I don’t think the must sees are important… besides I pretty much have seen all of that.
DeleteLoved strolling with you. Had to laugh at the rainbow bars which invite children to climb upon them (even if they're art)...if that sculpture were in Florida, it would be banned. Sad state of the US these days.
ReplyDeleteChildren were all over those bars, I had to wait to take its photo. Florida is the most un believable state , of all the unbelievable states
DeleteThose bars would not be taken down in Florida. As far as I know, rainbows have not yet been banned. Florida IS terrible in many ways but please y'all- remember- there are a whole lot of us here who are terrified, sickened and enraged and doing our best to change things.
ReplyDeleteBut on to a happier subject- Linda Sue, your pictures are just terrific. I can absolutely see why you took each one of them. The painting of the lady enchants me and that brick house (?) with the green door that goes all the way to the roof is the most curious thing. I do not think I would go into Escargot but I sure do like their decorations!
If Florida is a microcosm of the USA , no matter the humans trying to better the situation, we are in a world of WTF. Really goes without saying..the country is so broken. A country full of thoughtful helpful folks, but there you go.
DeleteThat crazy group of buildings ,the house with the door, make no sense to me either!
I am loving your pictorial presentation of London. I wish I could remember them to comment on them, but I can't. It's a great kaleidoscope.
ReplyDeleteLike a gold fish in a four inch bowl, my memory works that way…
DeleteEven the pigeons are colourful and pretty to look at! There's so much to see there, it would take a lifetime. I wonder if those who live there take it all for granted because "it has always been like this"
ReplyDeleteYes pretty sure that for folks living here , the city gets to be like backdrop, lives become insular and busy, focused, as they do everywhere, I suppose.
DeleteA lovely walk, Linda. It's such an interesting city!
ReplyDeleteSome nice photos of quirky little details, many of which I don't think I have seen. If you were talking about St Giles-in-the-fields, which is near Soho, (I think you are), then I agree it's not interesting, but I think this may be because it was rebuilt in the early 18th century, an exceptionally dull period for church architecture, or at least in my view. The church used to be in the middle of a notorious slum before that - one of those with drunken children and dead dogs all over the place - so perhaps rebuilding the then-near-ruinous old church with its grounds full of plague victms might have been some kind of attempt at gentrification...
ReplyDeleteMost interesting , no wonder the church has such a weird vibe!
Delete