My Blog List

Monday, May 8, 2023

Trip with Stella , nursery shopping, and bubbles in the tree

Morning on the deck, unusual to find a ring necked dove-  they usually  dot  the overhanging electrical wires, like buntings. Walking under them is dodgy but charming, cooing melodically to one another, catching up with the news I reckon.
 
Stella and i went to a plant sale down yonder. The sale was not a sale at all but rather a benefit for the school district, prices jacked up for the so called event. We only bought a few things, called them liars- and went to an antique shop on the way. tiny house with LOADS of dusty stuff, we were required to mask. Good thing as it was very dusty.

This is the door to "oh no, I have fallen and can not get up". Stella going downstairs in the shop saying "you better not be taking my picture!" "oh no, says I, I would never".
We went to Fred's to quell our now overly stimulated thirst for more plants and got lucky. The prices were excellent and the plants healthy! One can never have enough in the spring up here- growing from seed is iffy- a head start needed.

Bubble machine on the deck for the party was quite a hit! The little neighbor girls brought their friends over offering picked flowers from the azalea bush in back of their house. They came in but only briefly, probably realizing that it was not necessarily a kid party- I gave them a hand full of Non Pariel  - and later the balloons to hang in their room.

Steve thought that the flag that Dennis left in their yard by his golden flamingo was planted  by our other neighbor, so he left a garden gnome in their yard, leaving them confused and wondering.

Steve also upgraded the "fountain" of run off from the hillside- the little plants in pots and butterflies are solar powered, the unicorn is real!

The party for Cara and her baby was splendid- all of the food was perfectly delicious, none left over except for some of the fruit rainbow- SO much fruit! The girls tidied up after and left everything sparkling!
Flora had a great time-  charmer of the day needless to say. She got a gift as well, a berry hat! She discovered that maybe the wish part of the dandelion is not the edible part. ( Photo sent from Em after she got home)

All in all this has been a very fine week end, even though the weather was iffy and damp. All happy, in great spirits, fabulous people, delicious food and amazing cake. Who could go wrong?



We took no notice of  Chuck's panto prance...that two and half million certainly could have done some good - but , no, must carry on with the charade. I would have been one of the protesters arrested if I lived there, pretty sure. Charles missed an opportunity to do something significant, to step out of the antiquated traditional BS that hinders progress and laughs in the face of England's povos. Disgusting and sorry, but "Queen Camilla" dear lord!  Get a real job! Working in a dairy perhaps...( shame on me, that was such a stab!) 

Here is a cake to send you off on in a better mood....

 

Long live those who eat this gluten free ricotta cake with mascarpone icing. Lovely group of caring folks! Happy day.


16 comments:

  1. You threw a most excellent shower. That cake looks wonderful. What ever device you're using to take pictures is working very well, especially the photos of the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old IPHONE, sometimes it takes good shots and sometimes too heavily pixelated. It sort of has a mind of its own.

      Delete
    2. What fun! JanF

      Delete
    3. Did you not see our bubbles from your front porch?

      Delete
  2. You do indeed take excellent pictures, no matter what you use. It is your eye that is the important factor there.
    I was just wondering today how the baby shower had gone and it looks like the answer to that is "splendidly."
    Glad you and Stella got another day out. I am sure that the two of you brighten every doorway you cross.
    And let me say that the bubble machine was genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily contributed music, a very good selection from her phone and little speaker that I thought was a candle and tried to light...Stella is such a good time- never fails!

      Delete
  3. That looks like a wonderful fun-filled baby shower. I love all those bubbles and all that color. Flora is adorable in her berry hat. And that ricotta cake looks delicious. What a delightful party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could not have been mo betta...the people are such lovely friends, children and dogs all beautiful and well behaved. Fabulous.

      Delete
  4. I used to have a friend with an antique shop just like the dusty shop you and Stella visited, complete with staircase. When she closed it I sold much of remaining inventory of EBay. I learned a lot from her. I say "used to have" in that saddest sense. Years pass so swiftly.
    Lovely baby shower, and lovely Flora in her Flora hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sort of antique shop that is not too precious- funky stuff. "Used to have" is becoming more of a thing these days.

      Delete
  5. A bubble machine! I must see if I can get hold of one for the twins first birthday which is in just three weeks. I love antique shops like that, the sort where you can rummage and find small treasures. Love Flora's berry hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bubbles flying over the neighborhood looked a bit like snow falling. Twins already a hear old! That year went by so fast!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely sights around your neck of the woods as always! Glad the baby shower was such a hit.
    "Get a real job!" HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has probably never had one- you think? Not unusual for the rich I suppose.

      Delete
  7. are kidding? Charles has impatiently waited his whole life for that pomp and extravaganza. or should I say that pompous extravaganza. hopefully without wishing his mum would just go ahead and die already.

    lovely party, cool bubble machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles, the whole thing is moot now that the real queen has gone. Grifters , Harry and Fergy and anyone who leaves that royal cult is smarter than the rest of them. Poorer but happier and wiser.

      Delete