My Blog List

Friday, May 5, 2023

Flamingoes for baby.

That  cloth you see is a gorgeous bit of Norwegian Hardanger from Ms. Mary Moon. It is effectively hiding the terrible nest of wires in back of the see through table. It is one of the finest things I have ever owned. I thank my lucky stars for Mary ,  every day! there are not enough lifetimes for me to ever be able to produce that much hardanger.  Mary saved me from hours,days , years, of pricking my fingers and cursing at cloth.I did about two inches once.
That's it

.  HERE- you can see why...


Dennis bought the flamingos to sneak over onto the neighbors lawn in the secret dark of night , a joke but I rather like them tacky as they are! So I will use them for the shower and then he can sneak them over to Steve's yard. 

I had to go to the dollar store to get a baby for the stork flamingo and I am not sure anyone will appreciate the decor as much as I... They are all tasteful and minimal...so I am pushing it a bit.  Wacky tacky old dollar store granny. (sorry, not sorry)

I blew up so many balloons- seven popped loudly- I hit the deck! Five had holes in them from manufacturer defect, and three or four went scrotum. But all in all, I think there are enough. I can not do one more blow job, don't ask me to,I am done.


I had purchased herb starts for one of the deck pots but will use those as well for the shower, they make a nice basket full of fresh smelling goodness. We are all about wholesome, don't you know...

The girls will be here at 9:00 to finish doing their whatevers, icing a cake...cutting fruit and making salad- that sort of last minute thing. It is raining, of course, and tomorrow does not look much better from what the weather lord predicts.  

The poppies have melted, petunias threatening to die...rain is good in pints not gallons. supposed to be a cursed hot dry summer - we will look back on these cool rainy days with yearnings.  Never happy?

Maybe that is our lot living on this planet- there is no such thing as consistent perfection, and that, I suppose , holds our interest. 

I have the chairs set up like a damned intervention! But that is how it goes- ring around the big dog rug. It would be hilarious to prank some one- "you think that you are here for Cara's baby shower but ...we have a van waiting right outside to take you to a rehab facility in Loma Linda, where you will be staying for the next three months." That show , so predictable, and short lived. Too many failures.





 

9 comments:

  1. You are really funny!! Love reading your blog, wish I knew you and Mary Moon personally. I also love your big dog rug....really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Big Dog Rug, the colours are so lovely and just right. The decorations are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Sue, you have done an amazing job getting this shower together. It all looks so magical and whimsical and lovely. I had no idea what a treasure I had until you told me and I could not be happier that it makes you happy. I wish I had acres of Hardanger to send to you!
    And I, too, am a big fan of your rug. And the flamingos. And the baby. And mostly you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flamingos. love the big dog rug. if I ever have a rug in my house again it will be that one so if you wake up one morning and find it gone you'll know where to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely setting for a baby shower! Or intervention, whichever seems fit! Flamingos are a nice touch, even the scrotum balloons. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to watch "Intervention." It was a VERY guilty pleasure.

    I like the flamingoes too! Maybe you should add them to your own yard?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful setting for the baby shower. So full of love, light, and color. I love that flamingo holding the baby in a cloth cradle on its beak. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful site for a shower. Everything is totally and completely lovely. If you run out of things to do, go in to business shower decorating for those with no vision or time. That website on how to do hardanger has reinforced it for me that I will never do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother, child of the Great Depression, was a beautiful needle woman. She did her share of hardanger, most of which did not survive four children. After we ruined several of them, we learned to treasure her hand made quilts, which my sister now has in a travelling collection: My Mother's Quilts.
    What a lovely setting you have made for this baby shower. It is whimsically perfect!

    ReplyDelete