this for later when you have time....^^^^
-0-
Last evening on the deck I watched a mother bird feed her baby. When the mother flew off to get more wormy dinner for her baby, the little one waited for her but got bored . It stared to pluck all of the blossoms from the cherry and watched as they fell. Cutest thing i have seen all week. Pleased with its pile of blossoms on the deck- "job well done".
Stella and I went out for lunch. New ownership and a new decorator that , we both agreed, chose light fixtures that did not fit. Especially the large black granny shades over the hanging bulb. The seats are so soft that the table came up to our chins. BUT the chowder was great and at that height we could just scoop it in.
Night before last i tried to make hot cross buns.
They are tasty but I forgot the salt and the cross part only worked on two of them. Trial run.
I will make them again tomorrow to take to Son's house for that Sunday when bunnies and eggs and chickies are celebrated.
From the deck with my point and shoot, plump moon face sings its "OHHHHH" song. And then night fell.
Not bad for a point and shoot. Even the sparkly bits of moon that are taller than the dark bits showed well.
Came in as the night got colder- watched "The Story Of Europe" , a DOC presented by Sir Christopher Clark. He is a good presenter and the series was worth the binge though the acted bits of history were laughable- acting so poor one might think it was done by a christian film maker. The history , of course, is terrible and chock full of testosterone, ego-centrism, greed, religion and war. There are no female influencers, yeah, a queen here and there but only for short spells, and they did not have penises with which to duel. big surprise! The patriarchy has damned near destroyed us , give them another five minutes and the job will be done. However, our governor has just done a marvelous thing- State purchase of three-year supply of mifepristone to protect access to medical abortion. Perhaps in three years this nation will have come to some sensible realization that Roe V Wade was one of the best things to ever happen for Women's health and care. If the orange thug is eliminated , marched through the streets as poo is flung, and the states of brain/spirit disease (maga) , find a remedy for their illnesses, we might be able to live another day to enjoy cherry blossoms, baby bird shenanigans, and the round face of the moon. I dunno, too optimistic?










I wouldn't mind a flip phone except for the lack of a camera.
ReplyDeleteThe Ipad camera is better than my phone so I will go about with it, It is a mini ipad and is superb! I do like to use the Google photo search thing, comes in handy when looking at possible collectables in the thrift store. Or at a strange and wondrous plant that requires I.D.
Deletei would love a flip phone or the early Nokia that I had --could only call on it no texting or photos. hyacinths have always been my favorite flower in the spring --i always associate them with easter. my sister and i had our photos in the Stillwater, OK paper when we were much younger in our easter best. my mom saved it all these years.
ReplyDeleteoohh, what hot cross buns recipe are you using? I think i need to try those.
kirsten
https://www.recipetineats.com/hot-cross-buns-recipe/
DeleteI used this recipe but kneaded the dough rather than quick. I also soaked the sultanas in coconut rum for a few days, Drunk raisins! I tried one this morning and actually they are not ba, just need salt...
Yeah flip phones are COOL!
I had the cutest little flip phone years ago. The cover part had a round window, sort of like a port hole. It fit the hand very nicely. Then it died, the hinge failed and the phone failed. Your pictures of the moon are stunning, that's a really good camera.
ReplyDeleteThanks it is a pretty good camera- it is a re-made canon, very old but still takes good shots from afar!
DeleteGood for Jay Inslee!! Your Moon photos are really good! Especially for a point & shoot.
ReplyDeleteThank you, trusty little camera...sometimes. Jay Inslee always makes the right moves!!
DeleteLove the sparkly moon shot :) and the pretty, tiny orphan dresses are so sweet. I like the glass light shades much better than that black one. I want to see the orange one shackled and marched from court house to jail.
ReplyDeleteSo many want the same result from NY- but , as you know, the orange thug has splendid lawyers and he is slick , like slime on plastic.
DeleteP.S. your buns look good.
ReplyDeleteThey are tasty- rum raisins and spices and orange zest, Yummy
DeleteYou are right- that cafe's decor is atrocious. A horrible mish-mash of light and dark. No, no, no.
ReplyDeleteI love the story of the bored baby bird. And Stella's new clothes for the Orphans are terrific! I love the dresses. All of your photos are really fine, dear Linda Sue. You have an eye for sure.
I don't think I'm ready to go back to my flip phone. There's a guy I follow on FB who does Florida videos and his tag line is pretty much, "I'm just glad I got it on my flip phone." He goes by Omgitswicks. Publix figures heavily in his little videos. Also alligators.
I think that you use your phone wisely, not glued to tiktok and Anna and all of that that wrecks teen brains. No worries/ I rarely use my phone for anything than calls and text, which flip phones can do. I like my mini Ipad though!
DeleteBeautiful photos of life there. I love the baby bird story. I would have loved to have watched that. I don't remember if we ever had a flip phone. We have an iPhone that we use for taking pictures. We are still landline people with laptops.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, we still have a landline as well. I like it. Never use my iphone for everyday stuff just my computer. , old fashioned tech! The baby bird thrilled me- I have never watched a baby bird play like that. so endearing.
DeleteOh, so much to love here (not that black lampshade!) but my heart goes out to the cat in the striped shirt. Is that yours? He's fabulous. Rick left the salt out of a batch of baguettes a couple ago and boy, you can tell. I thought covering it up with jam or honey or cinnamon sugar might disguise the lack of salt but it doesn't. Well, as he said, "That's probably something I won't do again" and neither will you. Love the orphans and those beautiful blossoms. I found more Cunk on youtube. I'm a happy camper!
ReplyDeleteDid you do the cat in the striped shirt?
ReplyDeleteIt's great!!