Brief visit with the lad. I admired his patching job on his jacket that is getting Quite worn. Patching is trending these days- keeping everything until is shrinks down to a button! "HECK" patches a hole in the pocket.
Sewing skills improving as he goes. The cat patch hand sewn very well!
This is Beans, in the mountain of pillows, in the quieter spot.
Next morning Erik came upstairs "did you hear about the Pee-dough, Dalai Lama"- oh yes, I did...We talked about disgust and what disgust actually means. We talked about how conservatives are disgusted by everything- a sign of a narrow avenue and control over that which makes them uncomfortable, which seems to be everything other than being white/male/christian/believers of bullshite ...I am not conservative AT ALL but the story of the suck- my -tongue thing, cultural or not, did disgust me. That little boy did not know WTF! So it goes in the human spiritual man realm..."suck it".
Erik and Josh left a few minutes ago , back to the city. I went downstairs to his room to strip the bed and pick up the pieces- where Bubbles , the creepy haunted doll with tongue sticking out, is holding a book that was in a stack down there.
-0-
Erik always leaves a hilarious surprise for me to find after he is gone.







Ha! Erik has quite the sense of humor. I honestly don't think the Dalai Lama meant anything by that -- I think he was just harmlessly joking around with the kid in a way that seems bizarre to our Western perceptions. (But what do I know?)
ReplyDeleteYay for patching! I patched a pair of my work pants and they've been endlessly amusing, at least to my co-workers.
Beans's face reminds me of Jason Robards. I don't know why.
Jason Robards- a perfect match! Thank you , I knew that Beans looks like someone, just could not pin point. You did it! Pretty sure that Mr. Lama meant nothing...the audience laughed...so...I dunno but EWWWW.
DeleteThat Dalai Lama story really shocked me. Not anything I would ever expect the Dalai Lama to ever ask of anyone ever. Yikes. Maybe I'm naive. I love Erik's sense of humor. That is perfect. Roger and I had a very good laugh about that. Well done!
ReplyDeleteMr. Lama insists that it was all in fun, a joke, but then he has never been much of a comedian has he...He is a divine dignified appointed leader of the spiritual pack so really, his awareness ought to match that position.
DeleteOh, Eric! Perfect!
ReplyDeleteFunny man!
DeleteWho's left!? I thought with everything else falling apart around us, at least the Dalai Lama's kind other-worldliness would rise above the fray, but no. You can talk about cultural differences and his lack of awareness, but come on - the man travels more than most of us and has seen the world.
ReplyDeleteAnd loud? I get it. I'm not willing to do loud for very long anymore, either.
There. My grump is over.
There is no body left in the patriarchy, no ores in the water. Loud is nearly like a physical pain to me, always has been.
DeleteEric's needle skills are becoming commendable.
ReplyDeletehe is getting better at it- the history of his skills evolving on one jacket! Nice to see.
DeleteI see you have a wasp nest as an ornament, thank goodness yours is empty. The one on the outside wall by my window has eggs and wasps flitting about guarding it. sometimes they all settle on it to sleep and it looks empty so I poke a stick in the general direction without touching it and dozens of legs and wings extend themselves, so I walk away. When it is empty and abandoned I will destroy it.
ReplyDeleteI should think about decorative patches for my clothes too, although none have holes yet.
We pretty much ignore wasp nests, they are abundant and in the fall they are interesting to collect. I don[t know that it is advisable to poke a wasp nest with a stick when they are sleeping...they might surprise you!
Deletepatching was the way back in the day. everything old is new again.
ReplyDeleteinstant cheap disposable clothing has become an issue that youngins are aware of now. Common sense as long as the initial quality of the fabric is viable- patchable. Glad patching has made a come back!
DeleteHello Linda Sue,
ReplyDeleteI found you thru Fünffingerplätze. My wife has catlackeys.com, a cat-sitting business in Albuquerqe, and the cat patch would make a great gift for her. Could you maybe, someday, find out where he got it? I looked online but it didn't come up.
Thx!
Wahnfried
I asked him- he got it at an art's fair and can not remember the artist. Sorry.
DeleteThank you for asking him.
Delete