My Blog List

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Trail blossom canopy, Figaro, biking through Cunk

Walking down the trail, the flowering trees are , well, FLOWERING! Allergies are a thing- I have a friend who built his house out of true logs and then discovered that he was allergic to trees...Too bad, he had to plaster over the entire interior losing the esthetic of natural wood. I am sneezing but that is not unusual.  Genetics not allergies...
Gardens protected (ha-ha) by fisherman's netting and bunting banners.

It is cute but not terribly effective against garden raiders. You can see the deer in the shadows making a plan.
 

I have posted Figaro before, he is the silliest little Corgi  who thinks he is BIG and ferocious. He is not. He is just protective of his garden. I have long admired his garden which his human has kept for years and years since back in the hippie days. The soil is like rich chocolate cake and he can grow anything and everything in that smallish space. He grows four inch long plump mulberries which I have never seen in this town.

His  human was making breakfast on Monday morning, his other human had gone out of town to care for ill relative for a few days.
His gardener human hit the floor , heart attack, died. Figaro stayed by his side, of course, for three days before some one checked on the human because- no activity...Then the other human came home. Oh dear! Surprises like this are shite!
 
 I walked by Figaro's garden, as I was cruising the neighborhood,  he did not come up to the fence to tell me who's boss.  He just sat by the door looking over yonder in a far away stare. I blew him a kiss - "So sorry, Pup. So sorry..." 

-0-
Came home and decided to go through my friend's art that I have in a portfolio, he had Parkinson's /dementia- thinking that maybe I could frame one and put it on the wall where the monster TV used to be.
Instead I found a few that are hilarious. This one for instance!
I think that his technique was to throw some paint down, scribble a bit and then come up with what it represented.

(Golfing with your own skeleton, after stepping in some one else's picnic) Certainly worthy of a frame but alas is too small for the wall that I had in mind.

I sticky tacked this one to the wall just to see if it might work. I decided that it will not fit the bill. Keep looking- some are very strange and why he thought they were exceptional may be due to dementia. They are all priced at $80.00.

I managed to transport this hefty stationary bike from the garage up the stairs and into the room . It weighs a ton, but I moved it in pieces and VOILA! Dennis put it together because he is good at putting things together and I am SO not. I am good at lifting heavy objects! So now I have a recumbent bike, very quiet and I have ridden it twice , winded after fifteen minutes. That is how soft I have become.  Legs like soggy noodles. I will improve,I promise myself. Anyway, it is a good thing to do while I watch something on my computer- I watched all of Philomena Cunk episodes as well as the entire Winston Churchill movie, the old one with
Anne Bancroft as Lady Randolph Churchill- Long and over the top  dramatic, hero worshippy but  a good one to ride a bike through. 

Now I am baking a chicken. a bit leery of chicken now but will be mindful with this one.  Ain't got no time fo salmonella. 

By the way, so far I am very impressed with Harry's book! It is hard to put down to do other things...Rarely do books grab me that way. So, yeah, Good so far.

14 comments:

  1. OK, it's Harry for me. It can hardly change my opinion of him.
    I am sorry for the little dog who seems to doubt himself now. One more layer of sadness in a sad situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry creates more empathy and understanding of the icy emo royals, and yes, trauma for Figaro, not great for the little pooch.

      Delete
  2. I can make no sense at all from those paintings, I just don't understand things like that. Give me recognisable seascapes and mountains with trees. So sorry to hear about Figaro and his human :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sorrow in this world and all of us deeply responsive to trauma, whether we be Corgi or Royal.
    Good for you for hauling that monster up the stairs! You are amazing. You set your mind to something and you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I so want to like Philomena but I just can't. It makes me feel embarrassed to be a human, even though I understand that's probably the point.

      Delete
    2. I AM WOMAN!! I LOVE Philomena, she is like an alien baby that just landed on earth.

      Delete
  4. madness on paper doesn't look much different than some 'modern' art I've seen. perhaps all modern artists are mad. when my brother-in-law died, the dog that loved him best never really got over it. she still had my sister but not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every breathing thing suffers loss- even trees. Sad for Figaro.

      Delete
  5. That corgi is so cute. I love how little dogs always seem to bark bigger and louder than big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Philomena Cunk and hope I can find Cunk on Britain online or somewhere -- I don't think it's on Netflix along with Cunk on Earth. What was the title of the Churchill movie? I'd like that. And Figaro is a GREAT name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you will find her on you tube, all of the episodes as well as "Mandy" but Mandy throws me off- Too over the top.

      Delete
  7. Alas, poor Figaro.
    The dementia art reminds my of my kids' masterpieces from preschool. Priceless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The art is very much like that, I think the description makes it with this one- weird crazy funny.

      Delete