My Blog List

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Sass in the plum tree, Charlie in the sun, polka dot pottery and wonderful things

This morning in the plum tree, Ms. Sassy Pants watching out for the man  who had the nerve to go out on the deck when she was there! She is glaring at him. Certainly he must know that this is her territory, her deck, her world.

Later in the morning I went over to Emilie's , Flora Jane napping , all quiet and peaceful. Charlie snoozing on the sofa which is OK because he is the non allergic sort. He is clean and smells un -dog, and has very good manners. You may remember when
Charlie stayed with me for a hundred walks a day? He is staying with Emily while his humans go for a swim in Hawaii.

The sun came out,  LOOK!
 

Charlie in the back yard, loving springtime just as much as any other guy. 

Flora has the coolest toys...I am envious of her toys, and when she outgrows them I may have to persuade her to let me borrow them . Although , she is expecting a cousin to get born  this summer - Charlie's humans are going to have a wee girl. Flora will pass on her stash to the new baby, probably.


We went for a walk to get  a warm beverage and a ginger scone. 

Charlie watered the gardens along the way. I shared my scone with him and he agreed that it was one of the finest in the land.

Flora was not terribly impressed - more interested in oat milk vanilla drink, Such a comfort and probably a lot like mother's milk. She is no longer nursing, so I imagine that warm oat milk is a soothing  substitute .


-0-

Today was senior day at the thrift shop, 30 percent off. I bumped into a dearest friend  whom I have not seen for a long while. We used to live together, work together and our boys played with each other when they were wee- born only a month apart. Our pregnancies were a surprise- we are older moms and really did not intend to have children at all. But there you go- both of us - all at once! Something in the water.

Lucky day!  I came home with ... things.Cheap thrills. I can always take   back from whence it came without feeling regret. I will enjoy them for a while and then , maybe , let them go back out into the world. The squiggly thing was in the street- the cat likes it.


I love  polka dotted wonky pottery and the wooden cat with the screw on tail , for now anyway.

-0-

 Tomorrow I will pick up my sewing machines and will set  one of them up  for a quick spin.  It has been years, the machines were bone dry! One had a funky pressure foot, now fixed. My friend Molly is a sewing machine genius, I thank the gods of stitches for her existence.We went to college together. Not the Wyoming college , the Western Wa. college... by the way - speaking of college miracles....

Trudy and I tracked down our other college friend, Mary. And you will not believe - she lives in Seattle! Has done for years!  All three of us have been neighbors and did not know it!

This is the three of us doing some twenties thing, probably for more PE credit- Can't remember. Anything we could come up with  to avoid  P.E. and still get credit- Goals!

 We will get together sometime early April we reckon.  It will have to be a quick reunion/lunch so that Mary can avoid driving in the dark. It is not a pleasant drive . I refuse to drive to Seattle for any reason. Mary is a trooper, I say! I am very excited to  catch up on fifty years . If we can do that over one  lunch we are more amazing than the speed of light!

Curious how I am collecting old friends all at the same time . How fortunate. Must mean that I am going to kick the bucket soon and must reunite a crowd so that my send off will be a well attended party. Pretty sure that is the reason.

( that growing bush above with bright pink flowers is a red currant by Em's house. her neighborhood is especially lush right now.)

Below is Emily's art. It is so good! We all need this sort of encouragement. Life can slap you silly and sillier !! Em has  already been through a shit ton of hefty heavy life for such a youngin' - bless her hearty heart. She = amazing , our girl of the century and she has done and is going to fucking make it! Yes, indeed. Hoorah!


11 comments:

  1. I'm sure if I bumped into old school friends none of us would recognise the other. I barely remember names, let alone faces. I didn't have close friends at school, was always too shy and read books instead. Not important now.
    I love Flora's dolly and your spotted pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Trudy and I look nothing like our young selves, just luck that we can actually SEE let alone recognize!

      Delete
  2. Flora is getting a baby sister! Oh my. So exciting.
    I seriously doubt that the reason you are discovering new friends is that you're about to kick the bucket. Although I will admit I think this way too- everything is a sign of my impending death. Which is fine. Just please let it be fast.
    I love Emily's art. Heart/art. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby cousin, Emily's sister is having a girl in a few months. Flora will have a pal.

      Delete
  3. yes, we are all going to fucking make it cause what's the alternative? so cool you have found your third!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the alternative is to lose grip, lose mind, go stark raving mad! Sometimes it feels so close to the edge doesn't it. We carry on!

      Delete
  4. So, your friend is going to drive to Bellingham from Seattle then back to Seattle in one day? That is dedication to a cause! I was surprised at the awfulness of the trip when we went to Bellingham. I kind of miss Seattle, but not enough to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing that raccoon giving her territorial glare. Charlie is adorable too. It's always nice to have a little doggie around for a while. That photo of you and your friends from way back when is absolutely wonderful. What a gift to be able to reconnect with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She owns the deck no question! Charlie is the best little dog, a very good sport!

      Delete
  6. That is a wonderful photograph of the three of you! And I find I am reconnecting with old friends as well as making new friends lately. I think it's a stage of life when we look around and realize that few things matter more than hearts connecting, and that's the whole reason I think. No buckets anywhere in sight to be kicked.

    ReplyDelete