Mrs. Plum is shooting out buds and looking pretty fancy these days. I had a dream that I came home and found all of the trees taken down , some used for boards to build a shelter for the crew that was taking down my orchard.
They were moving around like ants scurrying to take everything to bare ground under the direction of the bossiest man ever.
I think that this was in my subconscious mind due to a conversation we were having at Son's house yesterday- Dennis has plans for the yard, HIS plans, son asked, "does Linda know about this? does she have any say?" I answered that "no, she does not." Pick your battles, friends...
Above is the house that burned down last night. built a few years before the one we live in, similar design, early 70's.
I walked up to take a few shots this morning,
The gas guys were there trying to find leaks.
that is the roof melted over what used to be the bedrooms.
The living room where he had his telescope to look out over the bay.
three cars and a boat- BOOM!
We don't know how it happened yet, just that the house is utterly destroyed and the people who lived there stood on the front stoop in shock , frozen, until neighbors dragged them out of there. I hope that their insurance is sufficient!
I decided to wash all of the floors today- on Mary Moon's recommendation of using Fabulous o and white vinegar. Oh yes, it does the job and smells wonderful. Thank you, Ms. Mary!





I'm glad no one was hurt and I, too, hope the insurance is adequate.
ReplyDeleteIt is a wonder that no one was hurt- 11:00 soundly sleeping...
DeleteHoly crap. I wonder what started it. I, too, am glad no one was hurt, and am surprised by that outcome. Here's hoping they were well insured. What, exactly, does Mr. Dennis have in mind for the backyard? An outdoor flight simulator, perhaps?
ReplyDeletelanding strip maybe?? he wants to put a forest in the front, native plants that grow effortlessly in the woods. Mounds of dirt and paths through. sounds nice but I have doubts he will carry it off. I would rather put up a deer fence and have a veg/flower garden with rich soil and drought resistant borders.
DeleteWell, I imagine you heard sirens last night when the fire happened. So sorry their house and everything was totally burned. Good photos of the damage that fire can do to frame houses, like my apartment building! The roof melted! Wow!
ReplyDeleteThe fire brigade did not use sirens that late at night when the roads are clear, Thoughtful, they do not want to wake people. Our house is the same vintage- dry wood, tinder, it would go up like a match!
DeleteOh that house! and to lose the cars and boat as well :(
ReplyDeletepretty terrible! No pets or humans were lost, everything else can be replaced.
DeleteI am so glad to hear that no lives were lost in that fire but just imagine- EVERYTHING GONE! Not so much as a toothbrush or pair of underpants. No pots or pans or kitchen towels. No books, no pictures, no shoes, no...nothing. Unbelievable.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that the Fabuloso and white vinegar pleased you. It is a happy smell, isn't it?
I will certainly be interested to see what Dennis does to your yard. Or does not do.
The yard will probably be fabulous if and when...procrastination is the curse of a perfectionist.
DeleteFire or flood- they both destroy everything completely. Starting over at age 80 , which the couple who own the house are , would be an abrupt turn! Starting at the beginning with basics, not sure how one goes about that.
How awful. I suppose they were standing there in shock. what do we do now, where do we go? we have no homeowners insurance. I always considered it a scam, a legalized protection racket because they mostly deny deny deny.
ReplyDeleteInsurance can be scammy but when you really need it as in this case, it is a godsend.
DeleteAn attractive house in the "before" pic. Thankfully, no one was hurt, and I'm very curious as to the cause. They thinkin' gas leaks?
ReplyDeletethere was an explosion so...no one knows at this point if it was a car or the house, Looks like the house to me but I am no gas expert...
DeleteOh, my. That's tragic. Makes you realize how quickly your world can change. If there's anything good it's that no one was killed. But wow.
ReplyDeleteOh god, I know1 Just boom and life is made more difficult that it ever should be! Especially at age 80! That is not a fun time to start over! All of the memories and treasures melted- Terrible!
DeleteI can't imagine what it would be like to watch your house burn down like this. What a heartbreaking nightmare for your neighbors. I hope they can rebuild.
ReplyDeleteThey have property on the island that is all hooked up to water, power and road so they may be ok. IF insurance comes through for them.
DeleteCombination of Fabulous and Vinegar proportions please! We have way too much tile floor and I am hard pressed to keep it all clean.
ReplyDeleteSo sad about the local house, I hope they find out the cause soon. The immediate neighbors must have been terrified it would spread. Glad to know they have another place. JanF