The night before ,I went out , happy hour with friends. One gave me a gift of a little book that is wonderful, dark, funny, and particularly appropriate during these "end times", (they say)...
Every page has something of significance especially in my age group.
Being this age, as well as Mom jeans, does afford so much freedom to just be. Forthright honesty is a thing, no pretense or pressure to look a certain pulled together , non sagging way and there is more self expression allowed. Mostly because no one judges you when you are elderly. Unless you are GOP, then all bets are off.
Thinking to turn pain into Expression...but with temporary , wash off tats, because I do not like the idea of ink under my skin.
Going to drag show, a gay bar , a straight bar, improv theater, getting to know your weirdo neighbors, Dressing down, dressing up.
Going to where ever makes me feel uncomfortable and sussing out why I am feeling uncomfortable, dealing with that discomfort in a finger-pointing-back- at- self way, for better understanding. Going to a gallery full of questionable art without judging. Sit with it. Get to know it. These are things I will do more of.
AND I will sit in my underpants till nightfall...

Succinct , right on the money, with a twist at the end. The cockroach working at Starbucks featured on a previous page, lives through to continue working at Starbucks. A charming apocalyptic book, hilarious if you are in that frame of mind.
Stella and I went out to get our hairs cut and then to the Ferry terminal for fish and chips . The hair cutter's salon is fabulous, The owner is from Mexico so, loads of color and Day of the dead art.
Mexican cheer and light , Best music playing, excellent hair cutter. Could not find one reason to complain.The reviews were positive, though, some find that electrocuting the face is unpleasantly zingy! Well, yeah, face is freaked out , cringing away from this frog looking torture device, curling up in a tight fetal position!
What we do to fight the ravages of age! Oh , Us women folk , just let it fugging be... not twenty years old looking for a mate, for godsake, nor are we bound by rags like the daily mail to present our best at all times. Who the hell cares? Apparently folks who pay $250.00 for face electrocution do. Besides, in the reviews, there was no one over the age of 25 saying positive things about this miracle Zap. Magazines for women produced by greed preying on vulnerabilities and insecurities -a woman's curse since we began wearing stupid clothing- Fashion and those damned air brushed movie stars.
Stick to what's real. What is important. I will if you will... and we will not die alone.













after the apocalypse you and all of us other cockroaches will still be here to crawl out from under rocks and go on with our days....or if not, we won't have wasted ALL of our lives trying to stop the passage of time
ReplyDeleteCockroaches, like honey badger!
DeleteThe bread is crazy! It's like a bagel trying to disguise itself as a loaf of bread. Thank you for the funny comics. it's the kind of day I needed a good laugh.
ReplyDeleteEvery day is a good laugh day I reckon!
DeleteLove that hairdresser salon. I don't go anymore, my hair is in it's natural state and doesn't need cutting since I tie it back in a ponytail. I don't follow fashion "rules" either, I am who I am and don't care what others think.
ReplyDeleteI think you should take a slice of that holey bread and show the baker. Or show the photo.
I probably will take the photo in when I buy another loaf. Fashion gets dumber and dumber - if not comfortable it does not make the cut. Plus there is the expense and waste that no longer makes sense.
DeleteYou are definitely not going to die alone anymore than anyone else is. What a terrific book of affirmations. "I will perfect my craft."
ReplyDeleteLove it.
Yes. That bread has its problems. You might mention that next time you go into the bakery. They owe you half a loaf of bread. At least.
That skin sculptor can electrocute itself.
I will mention the hasty bread just to let them know. I could have taken the loaf back but I had already eaten a chunk. Peg helped me.
DeleteGood advice for the skin sculptor object!
Hints about the Hair Salon please ( h.c. prices and location).
ReplyDeleteThe F and C at the Ferry is doing SO well. We are happy for them since we saw so many other places fail right there. You cannot beat the view and the spaciousness of the place.
You will likely be given a free loaf next trip to A.B. JanF
"The Velvet Rope" salon , on State and Magnolia in front of avenue Bread. Tricky to get to because of States one way. I love the shirts that the employees wear at the fish and chips cafe! Cool kids!
DeleteThat sounds like a fantastic book. I love the drawings. And yeah, I'd be annoyed at that bread too!
ReplyDeleteannoying but delicious and I can not help thinking that they have my lbsd and better health at heart...
DeleteLBs
DeleteLOVE the book excerpts! Great gift. Electrifying the face for $245? Hmmmm...
ReplyDelete"Hole" wheat bread - HA! That's funny/not funny.
The little book is a winner, puts things into perspective. Sort of...I certainly got a bargain with the bread- additional air for free!
Delete