My Blog List

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Come with me on this sunshine day!

Plump heather against moss on the drive way, color! I had to go out for yellow paint and on my way I stopped in at the terrible thrift store where these things were in the dolly bin. 


Children do not look like that...humans are way cuter than these dollys.... but...wait....

A friend just posted  new grand baby photos- This is  one!! so, yeah, guess I was wrong! ( really she is darling- this is not the usual expression of young Ella) Hilarious .

From there I went to the Assistance League, never intending to buy anything...But for a dollar, I mean really, could you pass up these exquisite purchases?

Rag rabbit stitched in a wild way , probably some one's failed project which needed a home, someone to care for it, and so, there it lives on the sofa.

This tile , charming though well bashed and crazed, will be going off to Fresca because she has a collection of one and this will add to it nicely. The Fresca- two - fish - Collection. Povvo art.

I brought home Indian man, a Nora Welling creation from the 20's or so. Here he is looking wary , greeted by Orphan, who reassured him that this was indeed a very nice place to live, that he would not be sorry and gave him an orphan hand shake , which is probably the most welcoming gesture plastic could offer. he is fine with it so far, has a hole in his bum so I will get out the orange thread and make a repair. The orphans will help sooth and comfort during the surgery.
I left behind the hand carved wooden church for some one else to buy, though the orphans may have enjoyed making it a club house. Too huge, too churchy.  Too someone else's gig. I bought  fabric ,because I am a fabric whore and can not let any of it escape my clutches. I will sew again, I promise myself. Sweet patterns, a bag full for a buck.

Cubby's humans have gone to Coco Beach to meet up with family and have a grand ol time with new baby, Finn. Babies are just popping out like spores these days. Hasn't anyone gotten the memo about climate change and the challenges we are facing? Oh, and now the horrendous ten million pound island of toxic  bloom that is growing exponentially due to ...you guessed it, HUMANS, is taking over the Keys and southern beaches, toxic and impossible to clean up - Remember day of the Triffids? Or The Blob? Welcome to sci-fi  no longer "fi". 

 On a happier note:

 Cubby has a house/pet sitter so he is in good hands. She has a gentle elderly pooch so Cubby has the best companion . She also volunteers at the "Animal Therapy" farm where Cubby met the biggest dogs he has ever seen.

In his wildest dreams he never imagined  this!! Plus there are Llamas and goats and sheep and more of the biggest dogs that smell so nice. A slice of paradise. Plus sunshine, Beautiful day, cold but who cares when the sun comes out?

Cubby is glad and is still the cutest pup in the world! His humans will be gone for two weeks and he is  all like honey badger at the moment.

So that is the day of sunshine in this neighborhood. I am off to go feed Peg now. She has been very patient. she would tap her toes while she glares through the window, but she can't. One leg.

18 comments:

  1. I love that carved church! I would remove the bell tower and make it a fairy house. Maybe paint it, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, but it is very large and would take up way too much space.

      Delete
  2. That crazy rabbit is awesome. I agree, it looks like someone's homemade project. I don't think it's a failure, though!

    Red tide is a huge problem and I'm glad to see scientists are more firmly linking it to pollution. Back when I was a reporter in the '90s that was a common assertion but the scientists said there wasn't evidence for that connection. I guess it's become clearer in the decades since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the months for Sargassum are usually July and
      August but this is only March! And the mat of sargassum is huge, suffocating and deadly. Humans- and humans keep looking for other planets to destroy. Humans are a failed experiment in this ecosystem that worked just fine until...

      Delete
  3. I really cannot deal with the dolls that look that human. It's like you can tell they're not but- wait a minute.
    On the other hand, that real baby I could eat with a spoon. (NOT REALLY!)
    You certainly have the most interesting thrift shops. I'm very glad you rescued rabbit and Indian Man. He looks like he knows a thing or two.
    Cubby is just the happiest being, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cubby is a little champion! Wise beyond his size! We do have interesting second time, five and dime- usually of good quality and not just rubbish. Nothing wrong with rubbish, min you, art can be made from it. I am not inclined to make art out of rubbish though.

      Delete
  4. You take me back into a land of having dolls who had lives and interactions with each other...if I ever had been there. Glad to partake of it now! Climate change realities are smacking everyone over the head, finally...probably too late. I work with a small envinronmental group that networks with other groups to hopefully change the lives of people who are willing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely too late, just like everything humans do. Like Roosevelt signing the "neutrality Act" having been informed of atrocities committed on peoples in Poland. If not convenient , humans tend to ignore problems. Doll world is not like that.

      Delete
  5. That doll bin is of what nightmares are made. The REAL baby, however. A cutie!
    Thanks for the Cubby update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time i took care of Cubby he was far too anxious about missing his pack. It has worked out so perfectly for him this time. He is a happier pup.

      Delete
  6. What great finds! Love the rabbit, love them all. And that heather -- wow! Thanks for a Cubby sighting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rabbit is growing on me, I am liking him on the sofa. A casual sort of guy. Oh yes,
      Cubby the magnificent is having the time of his life!

      Delete
  7. The dolls in that bin are terrifying. Who would manufacture something like that? Cubby does look happy with his sitter. Good to see the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those dolls obviously donated at the same time because they terrified the owner. Or maybe killed the owner, they look like they are up to no good.

      Delete
  8. All that sargasso weed leaves an unholy stench on the shore too. You always find such excellent things at the charity shop! That church is a wonder! I love the detail. That rabbit is a great find too. I’m sure Indian man very much appreciated his derrière repair.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bloom is so toxic- arsenic released when it begins to rot after 48 hours on shore. HUGE carpet of it that has grown out of control , so there's that! Just one more thing, eh?

      Delete
  9. oh oh oh. I love that rag rabbit! the dolls? creepy.

    ReplyDelete