My Blog List

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Bay in the sun, town with dogs, books on the shelf

Walked to the bay today with no special idea of which way the walk might take me. The sun is out and it is warm! The mountains are crisp, the water is blue and the bay's mud is toasty.  A day could not be more perfect.
 


I decided to walk into town instead of along the bay. It was active, more people than I have seen in a very long time and it seemed like everyone had a dog on a string. So many beautiful dogs!
Buskers came out - amused walkers. "Tips , please," I announced as I put dollars in the bucket. The statue smiled at me and mouthed "thank you".

The sweetness of the flowers growing outside the shops are most surprising ! Like overnight the world became beautiful and bright again. I am going to have to put my grumpy clothes back in the closet for next year, I guess. I am too fat right now to fit into my happy clothes.
Walking back through the neighborhood having bought a book at Village Books, Deer were in every yard. This little one asked to use the toilet but the house owner said NO.
So, OK...This works too.
The neighborhood is magnificent. Heather loved the rain and cool temperatures. It is abundant  and plump!

I came home with Harry's book and I am sure to enjoy reading it because I reckon he is the last royal I care two cents about, and he has bailed. Admirable , though his life might be made very difficult, at least he is making sense as a normal human being with a healthy emotional life. His poor brother looks as though he only eats pickles and lemons and cauliflower, which gives everyone air biscuits. His diet is not agreeing with him , making him disagreeable. Poor man. Broken spirited, for love of country and the crown? Contrivances  ruin.

I did not need to buy a new book, especially with such wonderful street free libraries in the neighborhood. These were on offer today.




some very readable choices in there! I have been wanting to read "Spare" and I have enjoyed the interviews  and reviews . I will let you know if you ought to dash out right now to get a copy...

19 comments:

  1. I read the royal books at the rate of one a day, but never did read Harry's. I think Meghan was treated abominably by the British press and people, and the royals did nothing to defend her. I guess the long and short of it is, I don't need to read the book, though I imagine I will get around to it.
    It looks to me as if that little violinist busker girl is wearing an outfit that came from a thrift shop and is one of the gym suits we wore in college. I has bloomer legs, not shown, and they were always blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry's book is well written- it is an easy heartfelt read. Rarely do I pick up a book, begin reading and am well into it by the second paragraph. It is that good. Remember what is was to be twelve years old? His shoes were child sized but made to walk as an adult.

      Delete
  2. I see only three authors I recognise in there, Jeffrey Deaver, Danielle Steel and JA Jance. I don't want to read Harry's book and I hear Andrew is contemplating a memoir too.
    I like the three "Rock people" on the porch by the deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only just started reading Harry- and I am loving it so far- very good writing, very honest and real , directly to the core of the heart.

      Delete
  3. It seems like magic to me that you can have that dark, cold, wet weather for months and then suddenly, there are flowers in full bloom everywhere! How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shift is abrupt- everything hunkered down and then the sun appears for a couple of days and everything just bursts! So hungry for light!

      Delete
  4. There's a little library across the street from the post office here and I found a book I really wanted to read in it. yay! then I returned the favor by loading it up with a box of books a neighbor gave us after we had read them.

    I think your weather is down here if you want it back...cold, wet, gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our weather will get fed up with Texas, as we all are I am sure, and it will return full force. This is after all , It's home.

      Delete
  5. I love seeing life there all the way from the bay to the mountains, to a sweet musician with her violin, to the deer and flowers in front yards. So beautiful in every way... and then the treat of little libraries. Spring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lights come on and everything flourishes! How quickly our temperaments can change. I do believe that springtime is the most happy season of all.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, yes! Ann Cleeves. Shetland and Vera. Grab those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seattle was like that, too. Nine months of gray skies and constant misting rain, and then one day it stopped and everything bloomed. The cherry trees were the best, I think they're cherries, maybe plums, who knows. Pink blossoms, everywhere. That was a good little library, nice choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plum tree is getting all jiggy with it, Cherry has another few weeks before it becomes one enormous blossom in the yard! Seattle is warmer than farther north and always blooms before we do. It is intoxicating- this springtime!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful pictures!

    I read Spare and loved it. I think b/c I so vividly remember Diana, and all she went through, some of it was just so painful, especially the scene in Harry's psychiatrist's office. It was even better than I thought it would be, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ,so far and I do think i will get a better perspective from reading Harry! Poor lad.

      Delete
  9. What nice weather you're enjoying! A short-sleeved busker in the sunshine!
    We have these little libraries around, so cute. Every time I see one, I realize I've forgotten to bring a book to trade... again. Interesting to know what you think of the Harry book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a one day deal actually cloud cover has returned.

      Delete
  10. Welcome sun! It's looking mighty nice in your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete