Orphans wanted to go to the little library on the street- they had a book in mind something like " All of the candy for a penny"... that book does not exist. There are no library books with candy in them, disappointing.
There was a tiny painting which was nice, and a string of light up hearts, which made the library not a total loss. You can see by the donated books what sort of neighborhood we live in....
Down the street gnomes were playing "Chest". Orphans helped them both to win. They have their own rules. Everyone is a winner and no one dies.
The other gnome who is a very old man, still trying to get his wheel barrow across the grass- been doing it for years...had to stop the orphans for a quick conversation about the admirable qualities of Sisyphus and how strong he must have been. The orphans did agree.
The man on the little tractor thing gave the girls a ride. He then said that they were adorable and they said back to him- "No YOU are!!!"
Riding the no- pooping- dog that is tethered to my friends berm. It is an old dog - the ride was not as fast as one would like.
A glove was found, Maple tried it on , determined it was more of a sleeping bag than a glove, which she did not need. It was left behind for maybe a mouse or a squirrel to use.
Mail boxes are endless fun, Lots of sliding. Lots of climbing and hiding. They must have spent at least 7 seconds on this one alone!
Then they found the fence post with the wonky mirror. They asked me to take it home with me so that they could have it always. "No" I said ,"It belongs to the owner". We will just have to walk to the fence post more often.
They walked on without the mirror, without the glove, but found a fancy stick to bring along. This is the stick of "because I said so." They claim it has mighty powers. I did agree that it has deportment and authority. Orphans looked amused/satisfied as they generally do.
I have not walked for so long I have forgotten how to put one foot in front of the other- and sort of stumble lurch and trip forward. It is shameful- I must get out and use these things. legs? Yeah, legs. and the paddle things, feet? I think they are. I managed to find my walking shoes though, that is a plus. Tomorrow is another day , I must get out and walk. If it is not raining tomorrow I will walk far- memory will return and I will cease looking like the ministry of silly walks. I have made that promise to myself.














Oh my this is better than walks with Cubby! That man is adorable—Orphans wriggle their way into peoples hearts—and overalls😆
ReplyDeleteI’m off to Santa Fe this morning with PennyCooper but I intend to turn off my phone so she will just beam images via doll psychic satellite…
Love ya! —FRESCA
have a wonderful trip- glad you are taking along the supervisor.
DeleteWhat a nice walk! So much for the Orphans to see and do! The man on the tractor has my heart! Of course.
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect way to get out and remind yourself of legs and feet.
Get up and go- that is what has been lacking. Orphans inspire!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, that thing called walking. Me too, forgot how to go in a straight line. And I didn't have any orphans with me to give me a chance to stop and catch my breath/I mean take their photos!
ReplyDeleteatrophy is a thing...Walking is what we must do unless we have no legs. Even worms get out and about!!
DeleteFun to have sun, and even better to have warmness so green things push their way up out of autumn's debris. We have sun too. Took a follow-the-dog wander around the park yesterday but snow is way too deep for green things. Today Canada sent us another Alberta Clipper. Looks sunny and warrm but single digits. Someday we'll thaw, but today is not that day.
ReplyDeleteCanada is trying to eliminate Idaho...trickster!
DeleteGlad you got out even though ICK!
I really enjoyed walking with you and the orphans. I should get my redheads outside too, I've been promising myself I will walk more. I can take them to a nearby park where there is a small playground.
ReplyDeleteGood idea! The orphans will make anything a playground- you need not go far...
DeleteI believe the unidentified plant coming up is rhubarb!
ReplyDeleteI think that you are correct! It is very rhubarbie.
DeleteI enjoyed seeing life through the orphans' eyes. They certainly get out and about. I agree that the plant looks like rhubarb. My mother-in-law used to put a bucket over hers to 'force' it.
ReplyDeleteRhubarb does not come up looking lovely does it? Stubby and rude. The orphans do have sweet little plastic lives in this world.
Delete