For Flora, a monkey bowl with handle, Little passports "Fishing" with a wooden game of sea creatures to catch using the little wooden pole, and colorful snack cups for whatever is going these days, She fancies goldfish. I put finger puppets in the monkey bowl, and entire set of Old MacDonald's farm. Flora may be amused, she may not. Never know.
A very old beat up well used Mexican child's chair. Sturdy and hunky. Usually they have rush seats but this one is wooden. Could be that the rush fell apart and was replaced with wood.
This chair is larger than ones I have had in the past. Maybe for a larger baby/kid.
It will certainly suit some bears that are roaming through the house . I did look in the doll bin at the store and found a pilot bear which I put in the basement airport. Dennis has not noticed it yet and may not. He is mostly concentrating on flying through the county.
Rarely do I see a good toast rack. this one will do, especially since it cost next to nothing.
Only problem is that one little silver foot is missing, so the toast might fall over.
I am thinking it might be well used as a cage for something wild or a cage for some sort of tiny taxidermy.
Finally in my world of hunting and gathering, polka dot tray, Portugal, love the glaze and the semi raised dots. Again a half price red tag- which made this tray 75 cents. So, yes, I got my jollies on a rainy day. entertained by other peoples trash...
Came home and tried again for a place to stay as well as a flight. Success. All booked and paid for. The luckiest deal was that Delta had two first class seats, non refundable , layover in LAX for three and a half hours, for less than comfort or premium by two thousand dollars. I hit the "buy" button thinking this can not be true, yet it was true so YAHOO! Also found a tiny flat in Dulwich on Northcross road, which is a laid back , out of the city, neighborhood. This will be a different sort of stay in London. A take it easy affair in walk-able , lovely settled neighborhood, just "being". I will be there for nearly 5 months, through all of the winter holidays coming home mid January if the weather permits and if the plane does not blow up. Do I feel guilty for being gone for so long? Not at all, I just hope that all remains even keeled without my ballast. Speaking of...I must shed about a hundred pounds before September rolls around. My phone's facial recognition does not even recognize me anymore. Off to a great start- breakfast this morning - crumpets with cream cheese and marmalade! I am so committed to weight loss, right?






Oh it sounds like a fabulous trip! Love all your treasures, we rarely get anything that good in the thrift shops here. I wonder if a big bead would balance out that toast rack?
ReplyDeleteXoxo
Barbara
A bead might do the trick- Or I could make a foot out of fimo and paint it silver. Fingers crossed that nothing prevents me from going...
DeleteCould you use a ball bearing ( or even a bead) to make an extra foot for the toast rack?
ReplyDeleteFimo is also a good idea.
Does Dennis have a Pilot mug already, I know we had one somewhere and could search, things here are still messed up since the lower level flooded and was lost to us for 9 months. If we were younger we would have had time to have a baby
Your trip sounds fabulous and the ticket deal is amazing! JanF
HAHAHA Dennis has all sorts of mugs, we keep putting them in the give to charity pile! so sorry to hear about your flood- I know how that goes! Our downstairs has flooded four times! Everytime we have to replace the flooring. I waited for four years to get the bathroom done! So sorry, I hope the flood issue is remedied.
DeleteJust thought, cheap MardiGras silver bead could do perhaps. JanF
ReplyDeleteThat is a good idea!
DeleteI was going to volunteer my silver necklace for a bead for your toast rack. I love toast racks and no sacrefice is too great.
ReplyDeleteLONDON FOR 5 MONTHS!!!!
ReplyDeleteOmg!
Congratulations on making reservations! Thrilled to the moon and back for you! And for me, getting to read and see pictures of your trip.
The 1st class seat is soooooo great-/-flying to Santa Fe (Albuquerque) was a two-flight deal, each way (layover in Denver), with neither flight being two hours long, but I got a calf cramp and thought if I ever fly a long trip again, I want more room.
What’s to feel guilty about? Can Dennis feed the raccoons?
Love your eye for thrift —that toast rack looks very English to me—tilted toast is upper crust:
“Oh, Daddy used the toast rack for target practice and knocked a foot off—so inconsiderate…”
PS Will any or all Orphans cross the Atlantic with you???
DeleteThe raccoons may suffer as will the plants. I will deep clean the house before I go and take a load of my old clothing to ragfinery. I travel light- I may take two orphans with me, Maple and Nat, they are keen...I will probably buy winter wear from charity shops when I get there, since I only take a small carry on. Last time I shipped winter wear to Sarah's but then had to ship it all back home when trip was over. So, like a povvo - charity shop clothes can be left behind.
DeleteOoh, Maple and Nat can meet Sarah’s orphans—including Racer and Minnie Sutherland who once lived with me.
DeleteSmart to travel light—and then it’s fun, isn’t it, to have the scavenger hunt for povvo things in charity shops.
We can do povvo well. I was going to plan on taking a few art supplies but there is an art supply shop right next to where the flat is! Guess i will jusst take my toothbrush, the orphans and a frock and that is it!
DeleteAll ya need!
DeleteFive months?? That's a loooong holiday. You will be totally British by the time you come home. I love your found treasures, most especially that chair. I have saved the picture and will see if someone can make me a similar one.
ReplyDeleteYour artist's eye is true and real. It helps you find the best treasures.
ReplyDeleteFive months! Don't feel guilty. Nothing to feel guilty about. You will be living YOUR life. I hope you will be posting because I want very much to be able to see where you are, hear what you are thinking.
It is your time. Your time.
Thank you Mary! I love you!I will take you along!
DeleteI think I'd rather send him off for 5 months so me and Minnie and Cat could have the house to ourselves.
ReplyDeleteTHAT is never a bad idea!!! I love being alone in the house for more than a week!
DeleteOh my! Amazing -- FIVE MONTHS??? What a dream! And that great flight. I'm hoping to get there in September or October. It will depend on my mobility stamina but I'm working hard! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete