My Blog List

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Nothing, and something

A whole lot of nothing going on here.  No news except that Erik has moved into his new apartment just in time. Two nights ago he , with bat in hand, had to talk down a tweeker at the back door wanting his "bag of weed that Pete had stolen"...No Pete, no weed - it was intense- such a bad neighborhood. Erik's skills put the fire out and the guy went away. Then last night he had to climb over "CRIME" tapes to get into their house as a guy was murdered a few steps from where the kids live. Anyway, He has completed his move today and we can all sigh with relief. Although I am concerned for his housemates  and their pets. It is not safe. Portland sucks!
 
I watched our baby girl for a couple of hours on
Friday, Delight!  Never enough time spent with her. Growing SO DAMNED FAST!!!

I found the glass heart in a drawer, and it fit so perfectly in the deer vertebrae- nestled right in like it belonged. Valentine for the top of the piano.

Polar  jet lag bear with orphan- Bear borrowed  clothing from someone else around here and looks mighty spiffy we all agree.  I made jet lag bear when I came back from London in 2019 . No pattern- no machine just cut out bits  that looked bear-ish from an old cardigan , stitched them together maniacally  and then went to bed for a week...The bear had been born!

I am having difficulty booking a flight online, keep getting the boot , and can not secure a place to stay until I have dates. I called triple A , which I have used successfully in the past but due to covid they have closed their office here and are just booking cruises and package resort  deals .  Tomorrow I will hunt down an agent and  get them to do the work for a fee. September seems a long time from now but you just know it will be here liketty split.

I have a couple of places in mind one specifically and especially -  Chiswick. Outside of the city center about 20 minutes by tube.  Pricey but I am reckoning this is my last hurrah so- fug it. Take all  my money!  The other place is in Paddington, right in the heart of all things London. In a house with a man and a dog. The dog is the main draw.  

Anyway Chiswick is charming, right on the river and close to Kew Gardens where I would love to spend all of my days! 

 -0-

 

Sunset, on my way home from Flora's house, just barely squeaking through.  More rain, and more rain. It is dark.



17 comments:

  1. Portland really has gone to shit, hasn't it. I'm glad Erik's moved on. Good luck with your travel plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has only moved about four blocks away from meth haven- but it is far enough to NOT have it in the backyard! Portland has become the worst!

      Delete
  2. Oh man. I am so glad that Erik got moved. Damn.
    This post is so full of sweetness. Bear is beautiful and looks so proud to be dressed up and cuddled up with Orphan who is also looking spiffy.
    And thinking of you across the ocean in the place you love just makes my heart happy. Yes, yes, yes!
    But of course, Flora is the sweetest cupcake in the bakery bag. I know you adore her and that she adores you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora is the best to have happened in this life of being old granny. She is very adaptable and loves everyone pretty much. Fingers crossed that In September i will be - over there!

      Delete
  3. Chiswick would be a great place to stay. It's so pretty out that way, as you know. Plus Ant (or is it Dec?) lives there! I'm glad Erik moved to a safer locale. His old 'hood sounds like a little too much urban excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ant, do you mean Sarah's brother? Chiswick is a sweet little area.
      All of Portland is under attack , Nazis to the right and meth homeless to the left! Mixed bag of utter crap.

      Delete
  4. Sounds Erik moved out just in time. What crazy and potentially violent encounters. Yikes.
    I hope all goes well with your travel plans. I'm glad you're starting early to make these reservations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the move is just in time. Good luck to the lad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. London in September sounds delightful. We went at Christmas a long time ago because both sets of parents were being unreasonable. It was so cold, it was amazing how cold it was. We landed in an ice fog. So glad Erik moved, hopefully four blocks will be enough of a barrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His lease is month to month so there is no need to feel trapped if this new apartment turns out to be a horror show...London at Christmas time is wonderful and yes , cold but no colder than here!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, Erik's place sounds terrifying. I could never relax somewhere like that. I have never been to Portland but I hope that it is not all bad. I think Chiswick sounds delightful! It is lovely to watch the sun set over the Thames. And doesn't your baby look adorable in all those beads!!!!! I too would want to be spending more time in baby minding. You are so right, they grow up so fast. Or, rather, for a while they hardly seem to be changing at all and then suddenly they pick up speed and you start to see the teenage years on the horizon. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portland has become unlivable that is true. I want the lad to leave the country altogether but - probably no chance of that. Flora Jane is utterly delightful! I do want to slow her down a bit- enjoy this wonderful babyhood a while longer.

      Delete
  8. I vote for Chiswick, you will spend a lot of time enjoying Kew Gardens and there may even be dogs there.
    The Polar Bear is wonderful. Flora with all the beads looks like a girl from the 20s, when they wore those "flapper" dresses and the many long, long necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The choice is a privilege to be sure! Just getting out of the country is a lucky option! Fingers crossed...still no luck booking a flight.

      Delete
  9. been out of pocket for two weeks plus, have missed much. glad the lad is safely tucked away elsewhere and hope you get your reservations. Flora is all decked out in her party finest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep you have had a lot on your plate! I send you "girl power strength"!!

      Delete
  10. When do you leave? I've missed so much. I have to decide if I'll be able to walk enough to take on London this fall and decide pretty soon or everything will either be booked or outrageously expensive. Ugh.

    So glad Erik got out of there and is in his new space. That must be a huge relief for you.

    Between company last week, prepping for a Cork Poppers do, an ear and/or sinus infection, and then this week's mass shooting in our town, I'm so behind blog reading, I'll never catch up! I'll try to take a look at all but not comment and hopefully be back on schedule this week!

    ReplyDelete