My Blog List

Friday, January 6, 2023

winter sky, Norwegian artist, copy of Leonardo's greatest

Mid day yesterday, on my way home from seeing Flora Jane, stopped at the tracks waiting for freight to move south. The sun eeking out from under winter sky- we know it's there, just a peek , though. Nothing for the sunscreen salesman to get excited about. When I got home -a parcel from my Norwegian cousins in Oslo, on the table. This rather magnificent large book illustrated by Norwegian artist , Lisa Aisato, "All The Colors Of Life". Every page, is wonderful- too many to show you.
 
Beginning with childhood, the sweetness of it is overwhelming, continuing on with every stage of our lives, every joy...


The losses, the heartbreaks, the mending....
Growing up   to be fabulous-
Included in the parcel, art from the children. Oline is six and her little brother is three.

This onion is older than the artist of  "study in blue", I reckon, but I ate it in eggs this morning anyway. A few years ago there was some nonsense going around about old onions becoming toxic after they had been sliced. Like the claim that cold water boiled faster than hot...who makes up this shite? I am alive to tell you that the old onion has not sent me to the ER....yet.  Still waiting .

If you get a chance to follow the link to Lisa's paintings , you will not be disappointed. I can at least share that with you, but not the chocolate, best in the universe, so creamy it made my lips soft- I could only talk like this- "bbbblbbblablib, llllbbblablibla." And I am not even kidding.

The orphans found Grannie pants and wore them for the day, going everywhere the other went. A child lives here....


 

Fresca chose The lady with Ermine for "toys recreate Paintings"on IG, the only reason I joined  the Zuck.

I used mache puppet, old rabbit, beads made from
Christmas chocolate foil, some odds and ends, and think that it amounts to a pretty accurate representation of one of Leonardo's best.


 
Can't wait to see what others are going to come up with, usually they are so very clever - just makes my day- sparks creativity, playful adulting.

I tend to be way too literal but Fresca is the all time champion of thinking out of the box. Zombies will likely eat her brain first because - so good.

Sunday is Dennis's birthday, I bought Spotted prawns for him. Nothing that can be stored in the garage, only in the person.


21 comments:

  1. Lovely surprises from Oslo :0
    I love the orphans in the granny pants :) :)
    Your rendition of Leonardo's painting is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes , like i said, a child lives here....

      Delete
  2. I discovered Lisa several years ago and could not get enough of her work. Even bought copies of her book for people I loved much. It does my heart good to hear others are still meeting her and falling in love too. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a Lisa book is probably one of the very best gifts one could receive! Good call!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, a child like Leonardo was a child---maybe creators and makers keep some childlike part of the brain open, like part of a lake where a creek enters:
    the motion of constantly running water keeps the lake agitated and unfrozen--open water.
    YOUR brain inspired my brain--I am always thinking "I am too literal, not like Linda Sue..."

    Your Lady w Ermine is quite beautiful. I laughed to recognize the scarlet of her sleeve comes from a orphan's Beefeater jacket...

    The Norwegian book looks great--I must follow the link and look more closely.

    Chocolate and old onion = good luck for the rest of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, never mind lentil soup for luck in the new year. It is chocolate and onion!
      Love the creek entering the lake, fresh water, churning, makes all the difference to an otherwise stagnant pond!!

      Delete
  4. I don't know if you realize how good your writing is. Your life is art for sure, and your writing is a part of that. You are constantly making me smile and think.
    I love the way you have managed to keep the child part of your heart alive. It is a joy to this world and especially to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Moon! Back at you- Your comment is quite a hefty compliment, I must say!You know, I think that , back in the day, when we were all testing authority and convention, with a little help from , say, an orange barrel, it opened a portal . That portal will not shut no matter how many religions and republican fascists try to shame and control our awe, wonderment.

      Delete
    2. Mary, you may recognize the ribbon around the lady's neck-

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous paintings by Aisato. More fun with dolls. Onion doesn't look that old, not moldy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the onion was a dried out vegetable, trying , with its optimism, to sprout and realize its potential. The center sprouting bit was yummy!

      Delete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed by your recreation and I'm going to find that IG account. What fun to see. I love those paintings too. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may want to participate if you have toys in your closet or out of the closet, so to speak.

      Delete
  7. I find it impossible to look at the sweet faces of your orphans without smiling! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so fun to visit here! What wonderful illustrations - there really are some brilliant people in the world. Your adaptation of Leonardo's is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mache puppet did a good job, a very patient model,and the rabbit , though ear were pinned down , maintained his dignity.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Look at her stuff! She has magic in her brush!! I thought of you- magic in your pen. (did you get my email?)

      Delete
  10. Absolute BEST post I have read in a month of Sundays I have Got to get that book! You people have WILD art and I LOVE it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to Dennis and happy belated birthday to you.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete