My Blog List

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Stella , with the best ideas!

Stella of the BEST ideas, picked me up and off we went to have birthday lunch by the harbor. So excellent we nearly cried. We cought up on all of the christmas doings, the challenges, the "never again"...

Before we left the house she gave me my present- she made this diorama of delight. So tiny so perfect, she thought of everything, the View of Windsor castle out the window, Hat gloves crown purse, Paddington, corgi....
 


There is even a bottle of gin on the shelf- candle sticks in the sconces, book lantern and tea table with cake.

Pure genius! How does she find these perfect items and put together such a remarkable , too real box of splendor?  She stays up late at night, can't sleep, was her answer.  Well GREAT, says I- reaping the benefits!

Inspired once again to look for a place to stay in London- it has only become more pricey. Impossible- to stay in a decent enough place in a decent enough area  would cost the price of new car. Of course I would want to stay for three months , maybe longer, I mean if I am going to fly all that way over  big water,  holding my breath the entire way , when I land I may as well make it worth while. Of course three months is never long enough but better than not at all.

I could split my stay- a nice place for a little while and a shite place for the rest of the time- I would be out most of the time anyway- feeding the birds , tuppence a bag, sweeping chim chimmenies, - the usual londonny activity. 

By the time September rolls around I will have decided- September is the best month, October is not bad at all and November is starting to get festive- Christmas in England starts early and is so well done, the streets , the shops , the cakes, loads of zillions of years of tradition.  

-0-

But no Queen.
 



21 comments:

  1. It's amazing how everything is to scale with each other. Nice job! Perhaps someone who lives in London would need a pet sitter. Here is a site that matches people with people wanting house/pet sitters internationally. If you're still reading Angus, you no doubt know that London is full to the gills.

    https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/house-and-pet-sitting-assignments/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link, that is just brilliant, however, knowing what it takes to care for some one else's dog I would be reluctant. Cats would be Ok though. Now I am thinking to stay outside London and make day trips into town.

      Delete
  2. The Diorama is the most amazing thing I've seen all day! The teeny tiny tiara, the tiny corgi, Paddington, the miniscule candles in the sconces! what a fabulous gift!
    I hope you do go to London one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely diorama! It just thrills my heart to see how wonderfully detailed it is...just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! There is something so precious about wee things. And these are all perfect. That last shot is a bit heartbreaking. Yes! Figure out how to get to London and do it! It is way past time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September...I am looking at that month at the moment though I would love to go tomorrow!!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, Stella is a Genius of the Small. Amazing work--perfection. Lining up the geometric wallpaper. (vs. you know what mine would look like!)
    The crossed gloves on the couch. . . the things we leave behind. . . remind me of Prince Phillip's gloves on the empty carriage seat in his funeral procession. "The owners are no longer here."

    Hm. London. Why not?
    If you go, I would be tempted to go for a week or so myself, and we could meet up (unless you prefer to be alone, of course!---once I went by myself for ten days and did nothing and saw no one--just read on park benches and wandered around. It was great.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be swell! A week though, is not long enough for anything.

      Delete
  6. That is the coolest birthday gift. How creative and truly full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stella's work is stunning. It must have taken ages to search out all those items. What a lovely friend!
    London- how about finding somewhere near the far end of the Underground and buying some kind of long term ticket? Or some place like Croydon and a month train pass? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well not Croydon but i have looked north and near Richmond, Chiswick is my favorite but Way too expensive- like a down payment on a house expensive!

      Delete
  8. Well, that is just the cutest thing ever! Stella rocks and so does her art. Every detail is perfect.

    I don't know how much "reasonable" is but when we were hotel shopping we found and fell in love with Parkwood Marble Arch. Back in 2018, it was about $185 US a night in October and cheaper if you booked directly with them. It's about two blocks from Marble Arch Tube. I have no idea what rates are now -- everything is over the top. But you couldn't beat the location, it was clean and the breakfast was fine. Not fancy but generous with good choices. I don't know if they have extended visit rates. We're hoping for London in October if I can walk well enough by then and will try to stay there is possible. Well, if the rates haven't gone off the roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just one person- $185 a night is too much especially if i intend to stay for a couple of months, a few months, forever....

      Delete
  9. What a perfect little diorama! It gives me ideas. I thought I would not travel again after I got back from Portugal. Three flights in a row, the last one coming down my ears would not pop and hurt for three days but now I'm thinking maybe but where to go and with who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like traveling alone and i know exactly where i want to go, no problem, but you are right, flying can be painful.

      Delete
  10. Omigosh! Stella is a champion! I love love all the details she came up with.
    I hope your plans for a reasonable trip and stay in London - "feeding the birds , tuppence a bag, sweeping chim chimmenies" 😂 - comes together as nicely as that diorama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't our Stella the most clever put-together-stuff on the planet!!! She did think of everything. Even the outside of the box , well thought out!

      Delete
  11. Stella did a fabulous job! It’s wonderful z. Happiest of birthdays!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete