My Blog List

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Happy New year, wind up your bunnies

T-shirt I have had since 1979, from Mr. T.Y. Pang,  tai chi / Chinese culture , best teacher I have ever been lucky enough to study under. Changed my life  so much for the better at the time, it was good.  I have kept this shirt for the zodiac animals and the silk screen printing so expertly done.  I will make something out of it one day...I have been saying that for over forty years.... Mr. Pang died a few years ago- we were all pretty sure that he would live for 500 years. We were wrong. He was too good for  life on  this earth I reckon.
 
The year of the rabbit seems to be a big deal with the orphans. Bunnies are their favorite, besides all of the other animals, of course. Their wind up rabbit is excited as well! Wind the key and he hops erratically , wildly , insanely.  Meth bunny! The orphans fall down with glee. (they fall down all the time anyway just because they can, plastic does not bruise and they think that gravity is fun).


The day , the usual puddle. Stopped to take a photo of my favorite little buildings down by the point.

I looked up predictions for year of the water rabbit. So much positivity I am excited to get this year rolling! Especially good for those born in the year of the dog. I am dog. D

"Dogs are naturally loyal but have you been devoting yourself to habits and relationships that are comfortable but not conducive to your highest self? This is the year to shake loose and lean into experimentation. You don’t have to have all of the answers or carry all of the burden. Entertain unexpected perspectives, go somewhere you’ve never been and remember that risk is a great way to get the heart rate up."----from the information hyway

double bunny!  Double dog dare! I am In!!! Maybe just not in this country- bang bang shoot shoot- 33 mass shooting in ONE MONTH. bloody hell.

ogs are naturally loyal but have you been devoting yourself to habits and relationships that are comfortable but not conducive to your highest self? This is the year to shake loose and lean into experimentation. You don’t e burden. Entertain unexpected perspectives, go somewhere you’ve never been and remember that risk is a great way to get the heart rate up.

Dogs are naturally loyal but have you been devoting yourself to habits and relationships that are comfortable but not conducive to your highest self? This is the year to shake loose and lean into experimentation. You don’t have to have all of the answers or carry all of the burden. Entertain unexpected perspectives, go somewhere you’ve never been and remember that risk is a great way to get the heart rate up.

Dogs are naturally loyal but have you been devoting yourself to habits and relationships that are comfortable but not conducive to your highest self? This is the year to shake loose and lean into experimentation. You don’t havhave all of the answers or carry all of


11 comments:

  1. Hope the black dog has backed away from you along with the rain. Looking forward to a much better year. Hope you can find a way to go on an adventure that won't cost a bundle, someplace with a new view and less angry fools...at least for a week or so. Year of the bunnies. I'm a fire pig and 2022 certainly was my walk through the fire and coming out the other side maimed, poisoned, and toasted. But they still couldn't get rid of me. Year of the rabbit MUST be bettr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/horoscope-2020/pig/

      Looks like a lucky year for pigs!
      last year was shite and I am so sorry and angry about it. Looks like you may have done the Chumbawumba bounce back! it will be better- the rabbit promises!!

      Delete
  2. I used to know what my animal was but I've forgotten. Something sinister like a snake or a rat I imagine. As I am still under the influence of a dream i had last night about being at a lecture on some sort of belief-philosophy where I kept saying, "Oh, bullshit," I do not even have the desire to go look it up.
    I do, however, truly admire that shirt's silk screen printings. It is indeed a work of loving art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no sinister animals in the Chinese Zodiac- They are all important and fulfill a duty to keep things in check. I hear you saying "bullshit" especially when it comes to rats, or fire ants....

      Delete
  3. That IS a great shirt. And I love the double-bunnies. Is that an old photo? It looks so spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely our summertime yard rabbits, they are all in their holes now, hibernating or making more rabbits. Yes, i really nust save the animals on this worn out shirt! something will come to mind.

      Delete
  4. FRESCA here. I hear Taylor Swift singing "Shake it off, shake it off!" for all devotions not conducive to your highest self... Could be the Perky Song of Year of the Rabbit!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM&ab_channel=TaylorSwiftVEVO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. theme song for the year, yes, in a tutu! ( very good!)

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the cute bunny year, dragons are intense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't remember my animal. Obviously it is something forgettable. I have a rabbit story. I'll have to put a link on the blog to it. should have done so today but...oh well. When I was growing up on the wild edges of Houston when it was still just a small city we would scare up jackrabbits all the time when we would bolt through the door to outside. That's not my rabbit story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The orphans are having a grand celebration! And I love your favorite buildings, too!

    ReplyDelete