My Blog List

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Canadian mountains from the kitchen window, blooms and birds and Nazis

This morning from the deck
Canadian coastal mountains have lost snow already. Temperatures are crazy warm these past few days. January summer?
 
Primroses coming up already, the heather is blooming, but then heather always blooms doesn't it. Lavender is shooting out fresh leaves.  Buds on the cherry are plumpish.


Not sure what is coming up here, I think Dennis planted milkweed  for flying insects, or some kind of wild flowers. 


When he is not fat shaming the nation (including his wife) he is rather productive and caring . Has not flown from the basement flight simulator - waiting for a part. When that part arrives I am pretty sure that he will be flying high. To space and beyond!

-0-

Portland city counsel will be meeting on the 18th. Determining payout to lawsuits including Erik's. The payout is minimal,  way less than what was agreed upon- things just fell apart, a perfect storm for a perfect failure.  Portland has become nazi haven, as you are aware- white supremacists are  governing , the police force still pouting , refusing to do their jobs, the city is pretty much in  chaos.  Erik's attorney became deathly  ill, had to retire but stayed with Erik to see it through, the people who were going to make sure to expose the police brutality,  horrendously videoed  in the shooting of  Erik 14 times, throwing him to the ground and roughly into the police car, and into the slammer, lied about the entire event, got caught in their lies, amazingly got promoted and honored as the finest of the lot...those potential  exposers  of police were voted out of office and replaced by far right  white assholes.  The judge ,familiar with the case and sympathetic to justice, retired.  The magistrate quit. The homeless situation is draining the city as well. So, that's it pretty much. Portland has taken a severe dive into apocalyptic Anarchy. 

Anyway, it is over , moving on,  though a bit broken  in spirit and in body having been the target of police brutality/ racism/nazi amerika. Rude awakening to say the least, however, all of this bullshit has not  put justice on the back burner entirely. There is still some fire and fight left in the lad. He is a good one to have on the team that is for sure. 

On we go into January springtime!  Things are  better. Here comes the sun, little darlin'. And I say  it's  alright.


Dooo-dooo-doooo,dooon tooo dooo, it's alright. (except in Portland and for anyone with an ounce of melanin) It's alright. 


the beat goes on....

this has got to cease being a thing!!!



22 comments:

  1. One of the best songs ever written.
    Damn. For some reason I had always though Portland was a haven of left wing culture and goodness. Not so much, eh? Poor Eric. Well, I am glad that he did not lose the fight in him but what a fucking joke justice turned out to be there.
    The sky is so blue here today that I have no words to describe it. Wish you could see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portland had its day in the cultural sunlight, brief, and then the shite hit the fan, everything all at once.
      I wish I could see your blue sky too. Ours is muted blue...yesterday it was 60 degrees, very warm, today is more normal- 48. Justice might have been a good idea once upon a time. Sort of like democracy.

      Delete
  2. Damn, I'm sorry to hear the outcome of Erik's case. I have to fight so hard not to despair. But there are Erik's in the world, and his attorney who stuck with him, pushing for what is right. All the same, I worry for my children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do worry about the children all of the children , this country is not safe for anyone really , but folks who are not "white" have cause to be even more frightened.

      Delete
  3. 37paddington is right to worry for her children. And all the children, including Eric and the strange outcome of his case. I read the article by the woman who has kept track of traffic stops in her county and recites back to the chief offending arresting officer how many more blacks he has arrested. 80% of the stops are of people of color and they represent 25% of the country. As Lady Magnon says, it has to stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was well armed with facts, though facts do not seem to hold much weight.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the outcome of Erik's case, but Portland has gone downhill and then some. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just glad to have it all behind us, though i would like for Erik to get the hell out of Portland!

      Delete
  5. The pictures are beautiful. Can you swim across the bay and set up house in Canada instead? I'm sorry Portland has become a hot tub full of crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha good idea! Swim to Canada, The water is so cold that it would kill me within ten minutes! Canada's border is well protected from crazy neighbors south. They are not fools!

      Delete
  6. Erik was shot FOURTEEN TIMES?! Am I reading that right? I don't think I ever knew the extent of his injuries. It's a nightmare, and I'm sorry that circumstances in Portland have changed for the worse. I remember visiting there in the mid '90s and thinking it was a great town. As you said, thank goodness it's coming to an end and life can at least move forward for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were bullets of concrete and hard heavy rubber , that sort of brutality that is kissed of as non lethal. Yes, 14 wounds. After nine hours in the slammer without medical attention was set out on the street at three in the morning without his phone, money,wallet, or keys. Portland is insanely nazified.

      Delete
  7. FRESCA here---Repeating what Steve said: Fourteen times!!! OMG. So brutal.
    Erik's animation page popped up on my Instagram, and I watched some of his animations---OMG again, but in the opposite direction (Delight, not horror): sooooo goood!!!
    You'd said he did animation but I hadn't seen it and didn't realize. (Now I can't find the page again, only his private personal one..)
    Maybe he would animate this whole chapter of his life--his experiences reflect current history.

    Anyway... Also... Primroses??? It's so weird to see you and Ms Moon's warm weather photos--everything here is buried in snow and will be a couple more months. I don't mind, though I am looking forward to biking again.
    Those mountains--I can't believe how beautiful it is there by you--I am always exclaiming that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His animation is fun, he did a couple of heavy things but no one wants that - he tends to bring the light! He has not done any art since the police bullshit.

      Delete
    2. https://www.instagram.com/undead_images/


      Just a fraction of his doings.

      Delete
    3. * * * Mind blown * * * !!! There are even BEARS!!! Erik's work makes me want to try filming some girlettes when they are moving (stop motion).
      "Bring the light"--I like that, but I can well imagine how getting shot (by the police, no less) would take the wind out of your artistic sails....I am so sorry for his pain, and yours.

      Delete
  8. Why is he still living in Portland? The lad needs to move to a more welcoming community. Portland is lost. Too bad. I know a few people who live there.

    It might as well be spring here. Too early. Everything will come out and we'll have another freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work, friends, history still in Portland, He is taking time to decide his next move- Back to school? not sure..
      I think you are right, spring buds will be rudely surprised later on in the month...

      Delete
  9. Well that does suck about the settlement. He'll never be the same after that, and there should be money for future problems. It's amazing to me how fast Portland went down hill. I guess their racist past just will not let them move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portland's history is nothing but misery really, there were brief moments of artistic and intellectual surges - didn't take long to squash all of that.

      Delete
  10. Good Lord, I knew Portland had deteriorated but I had no idea how bad things have become. What a mess. I hope your son can get out of there and close the book on that chapter of his life. I know the wounds will linger, but leaving will help some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I think that he will be fine in the long run but what a shite thing to have happened to such a lovely soul. Yes, stay out of Portland!

      Delete