New year, so they say, New calendar from Fresca, every month a delight.
I keep them after the year has been lived- the photos are wonderful and do bring joy all the live long day.
To recap, as we do, the past year has been settling. Staying put, Dennis with health issues, nipped in the bud but did require some attention and - staying put-ness.
The black monolith is gone. Erik carried it to the THING room in the basement where Dennis has all of his air/space and radio gear. In the process of downloading flight simulator, in which he is the pilot and virtual traveler, he has been well occupied. It is the real deal and could keep him piloting well into the next century. Pretty sure the space left from the removal of the big black suck will be filled in short order. Dennis has meteorites and geological wonders to shelve.
I asked Fresca, before Christmas, if I should probably clear off the fridge door. Less clutter is better...she advised that NO, there are still some bare spots that want to not be bare. I left it , no one noticed or said , your refrigerator door is too messed up, at least not to my ear. Quite possible they may have scorned my fridge door out of ear shot.
The grand daughters have always thought this house was fabulously bizarre. Keeka told me that her room is just like my house and she loves it. Ok, then , that is all I need ....
She has a closet of shelves housing bones, animal fur, dead birds, rocks.
She is full of color, that girl! Bright!
Maddie, is hip and somewhat predictable, though she is the one who is flying around in a metal bucket in the sky, she is more dove grey. Nothing genetic, as these are my step son's children, not a drop of my blood in the works.
Pity that I can not take credit for anything other than a cray refrigerator door.
The lamb that came with the smirking cat in the mail, had a terribly injured foot. Nat straight away got out her fix everything kit , stitched the foot , Others helped calm the lamb and cheer her on, while foot became somewhat better.
marginally mo-betta - still recovering from surgery , bundled in cheese cloth from Mary Moon's Fruit cake, they all go for a stroll across the table. Donkeys pushing as best they are able, straw and mohair moves slowly.
We will be keeping the twinkly lights and candles until spring I reckon. Light is essential !
this is where the monolith lives now- the bridge? The command center? The retired guy's dream? Almost, he would rather have his plane for real but health of the man said, NOPE. And THAT is a good thing!! He can crash or fall from the sky without injury or metal bits stabbing him. No blood, no fuel, no jet lag, Brilliant invention.
On we go - another episode- New year - a contrivance but we like to mark things like that- we humans. Keeping track in our calendar , clock way. Have a great twelve months and a rabbitty year of the rabbit. All is well, all will be well, as we turn every month of Fresca's calendar , Girlettes exemplifying optimism and industry and good will.That's how we roll.










So glad that the monolith is gone. The dark hole, if you will. And yes, of course the spot will be filled again before you know it.
ReplyDeleteI love the lamb! So very much. And glad the cheesecloth came in handy. I have mine on my washing machine but have not yet washed it. You want to know why? (This is hard to admit.) I like to put it to my face and smell it! The smell of rum and cake...oh, heaven. When it no longer carries the scent of fruitcake, I will wash it and reuse it.
Happy New Year, darling woman.
The cheesecloth is so remarkably soft after washing! I would love to wear it. After I had consumed ALL of the cake everything else was blah..
DeleteSo glad the large black useless POS is gone from my sight! I thought it was headed out the door but Dennis could not let go.
I had to blow up your fridge door image for the full appreciation. And I love the details of your surgical team - so attentive.
ReplyDeleteHappy flying from the basement!
No anesthesia! So screaming, it was the best surgery!
DeleteBasement flying safety. there are stairs to climb which also has some measure of threat- gravity, but I think this simulator is the best option. Dennis calls it his stimulator.
I love the knitted sweaters and hats on the little dolls. Do you make them yourself?
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
JanF
I tried to knit years ago- it drove me knitty! So, no, I did not knit them. I can stab wool but i can not knit.
DeleteGood to have a young strong son to move the heavy shit. My younger than me son helped switch mattresses around. Yay I finally get the temperpedic which I love and have sorely missed and the hard as shit futon mattress with the 4" too soft foam topper is now on the husband's bed.
ReplyDeletegreat trade hahaha.
DeleteYour scenes from the life of the orphans are just charming. Which camera are you using? Will Dennis be putting the flight simulator on the monolith, or will new computer monitors be required?
ReplyDeletehe has four screens plus the monolith and a new computer monitor screen , so I think he will be able to fly to Mars.
DeleteI am just using my Iphone camera for the orphans.
I love everything in this post! Nat is a most excellent Doctor/Surgeon. Lamb will make a full recovery.
ReplyDeleteI don't watch my TV as much as I used to, the regular programs are mostly rubbish, so I have many dvds I can watch instead, movies that I like enough to watch several times. I watch the news, but don't pay too much attention until the weather forecast, I like to be prepared if there is going to be a heatwave or thunderstorm.
We no longer have a DVD player- computer watching is the only device we have. Never watch the news but might get an ear full from the radio.
DeleteP.S. your fridge doors are wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteWas the removal of the black non-hole as simple as the appearance of a strong young man? I too have a black hole (only it's green) that needs removal. Well, happy new year to you and here's to strong young men.
ReplyDeleteremoval of said object has taken three years for Dennis to get used to the idea . Erik came at the right time!
DeleteFRESCA here:
ReplyDelete🥳 Happy New Year!
Next year I want a calendar of *your* orphans, Linda Sue!
So compassionate… So bloodthirsty!!😅 So entirely never frozen, never from constitute. Only sunny red hair delight ❤️❤️❤️
I hope the lamb is gamboling today, in the fresh fields of 2023… and you too!
hahahaaa thank you! The lamb is gamboling, the orphans are involved in the science of matches, and I am not clever enough to create a calendar- only YOU are that magician.
DeleteI love it all -- especially the calendar and the lamb and smirking cat! Big smiles!
ReplyDelete