My Blog List

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Drinking fountain, shocked dolly, puffer

 

I went out today! Went to town to see a couple of art/shop places. It was colder than we are used to, snow  melting quickly, though. Free parking on Saturday- perfect. There were not many folks out so I did not wear my mask, will I regret? 

I popped into the old adult porno shop with the  large heavy metal door that looks like  prison -  It is still purple inside but it is now a little antique shop with funky things, nothing precious. 

That is the drinking fountain- I took it's picture but did not sip. No thank you, covid, flu, diseases of humans!

There was a dolly, A sad baby, in  a barrel full of doll parts, legs and arms and a torso - Oh dear, it looks like murder. Of course I brought him home with me. He looks like he is still in shock. What an ordeal!

I waited around for
Santa to show up  but realized I was about a century into the future. Oops. Sometimes difficult to get this time travel thing honed!

At one of the artsy places I met a couple of artsy friends whom I have not seen for so longggg. One thing I thought was  clever and edible- earth in candy- jordan almonds, chuka cherry, rock candy beach pebbles with sea weed licorice.
I got another fridge magnet as well. ( ongoing trouble) Magnet made from eyeglass lens.

First thing this morning , out the deck window. The birds were not liking the chill /wind/snow at all. By the time I got seed out for them , they had flown off to Mexico, I think. I posted this photo of fluff on Instagram as I now have an account in spite of my resolve to UnZuck my life. 

I did it for the orphans,  for the inspiration and to see what Fresca and Sarah are up to.

 Fresca said"puffer jacket". Yes, yes it is.


After my down  town  adventure,  being accosted by beggars and trying to help a drunk guy back on his feet, I came home, nice and warm. Put more light around and under Mr. Mache  Goose decoy. The ant is a giant  , longer than my rude finger, from Archie McFee long ago. . (missed my calling - interior decorator, right.) Oh well, next life time. I like the idea of reincarnation , as much fun as hell sounds I think I would rather give earth another go.



12 comments:

  1. That baby does look very sad, I hope the orphans are able to cheer him up. I don't like big ants, they bite, but yours is safe being inside my screen and not real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful haul! How much did Sad Baby cost, may I ask? (Curious from a thrifting pov.)
    You are a Life Decorator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid twenty for sad baby , could have dickered but did not feel that was too big of a price to save him from a crime scene in an old porn shop. Just wanted him out of there and into a decent home. I will make clothes for him , Felted clothes, nice and cosy.

      Delete
    2. AS soon as I saw his photo I hoped you would dress him well! Look forward to seeing how cute you can make him. Is there any way to fix the chips on his poor face?
      JanF

      Delete
    3. If i could fix chips in faces i would start on my own! Is what it is- age and wear.

      Delete
  3. I, too, have a large ant! I found it in my yard. I have a tiny collection of very small animals I have found in this yard, lost from the pockets of children, I imagine. And marbles. A few marbles.
    Oh, that poor little boy doll! He IS in shock. Where has life left him at this age? He cannot take it all in. Give him lots of kisses. He will relax some, I am sure.
    That water fountain is a work of art on its own but no, I would not sip from it these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would a porn shop have a drinking fountain??? Ewww, just NO. Not ever!
      Little dolly has seen some shit!

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of reincarnation too. Once, before I began blogging, an acupuncturist who was a very kind and spiritual being said I would soon be gathering again with my tribe of healers from a previous incarnation, most of them women in this life, and that we were already looking for each other and planning to reconnect. I have often wondered if what he saw was this blogging community, as I do feel as if I have known some here in lifetimes before this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that thought - who knows it could very well be - i find such comfort in that - I am going to let that idea ride around with me.

      Delete
  5. I like your goose with a crown and good for you, rescuing the traumatized baby! Your thrift shops seem to have lots of great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of thrifty shops left but for the most part the large ones have gone FOR PROFIT and the stuff is culled for $$$$ online shops. They are evil.

      Delete