My Blog List

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

white baby Jesus and his mom, container village


 
I went out to get more cranberries from the other coop in the neighborhood of what used to be our favorite charity shop but is now for profit , crazy prices , terrible stuff, bad vibes awful.

This holy family is indicative of  just how awful everything is, for profit.

Could they be any whiter or any more terrifying?  The basket is nice, I like the handle and would have snatched it out from under the  Jesus child , who appears to have impure thoughts,but it was NFS due to its job of holding the beloved plastic ,dough white, ridgid  scary baby until someone actually forks over the extraordinary amount of $50.00 for the family. Great Halloween prop I suppose but not for $50.00., not for any price really.


I went to the coop , got cranberries and oranges to make to take to Middle son's thanksgiving dinner. Drove by the container village .

New giant cup on top for the D.I.S.H foundation container. Dignity, Independence, Sense of purpose, Hope, for the intellectually developmental disabled to learn cooking skills and marketing and all that entails, it is a great program and the final product is delish!

Also pretty great that the old Rail shipping containers are being repurposed. The one in Brixton is brilliant. They have done it right -  one of the first to make the old containers work well.



FANCY! And this is where we stood for nine hours in the cold rain to meet the Prince and his soon to be bride. The good old days, before a man became the Queen, before covid and our existential 2.5 years. Oh wait.. we are still in the midst of  existential dread...well, anyway, London was great , Brixton was great, even though the ceiling  of my vaca rental fell in and caused minor injury/ major inconvenience. Never mind, a memorable time!

(taken with my old IPAD) final photo taken on the way home from London, high in the sky curiosity. I flew Virgin Atlantic- The night lights in the cabin are purple.




23 comments:

  1. The Nativity Set is beyond horrid. I wonder if it also glows in the dark! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glowing plastic- I think it is made for lights inside the bodies, CREEPY!!!

      Delete
  2. Do we have three coops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see David Lynch's early movie "Eraserhead"? There's a worm of a baby in it--disguting and disturbing. This baby Jesus reminds me of that worm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god yes!! that film was horrific, i saw it three times!

      Delete
  4. I haven't thought of Eraserhead in years. I saw it once, that was enough. It was probably beyond my intellectual level at that time. Weren't there chickens involved? Anyway, that nativity grouping is just beyond horrid, why would anyone want that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holy family would be great for an artist to have their way with it - or to frighten their children.
      The chicken dinner- eraserhead, kept squirming around on the table. Yes that film was beyond gross! Horrifying and not totally understandable- freak show!

      Delete
  5. Talk about the holy ghost. That's one downright creepy Nativity. You got to meet/see Harry and Meghan? Cool. I admire their claiming their lives. I hope they do it wisely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They saved each other from a doomed royal BS life- I reckon. - holy ghost indeed- they need some protein!

      Delete
  6. Yikes, no wonder Mary was a virgin. Oops, did I type that out loud!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha Yay
      Abby- you did type that out loud!

      Delete
  7. At least the dough baby has brown eyes. Or should they be black. You make me happy I did not see Eraserhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film would not have funded your cultural experience- glad you missed it.

      Delete
  8. It really is a shame you couldn't buy the basket, they could have put the baby Jesus in something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they could have put it is the trash, better place for it.

      Delete
  9. The cafe conversion looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very nicely done. Just like everything in London, their standards are high.

      Delete
  10. I remember that problem you had with the ceiling. Crazy! That DOES seem like another lifetime ago, pre-Covid. I cannot believe they want $50 for those hideous religious statuettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most everything in that shop now is trash with high prices. Terrible- as terrible as it gets! The ceiling falling down was bad but not as bad as the holy plastic family for 50 bucks!

      Delete
  11. Yes, I'm sure that those unfortunate biblical characters have holes in the backs for light bulbs. Like my bad santa.
    I never saw Eraserhead either and I am very grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eraserhead is one of those things that once seen , sticks in the psyche in a dark insane corner somewhere- unpleasant, weird and haunting. It was so weird that I had to see it three times just to be sure that it was the film and not ME that had gone off the rails. You would have never recovered, I am guessing- so good job YOU.

      Delete
  12. They almost look jaundiced. And so very creepy with their monotone faces and dark eye spots.

    ReplyDelete