My Blog List

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Toys recreate art, Marc Chagall circus

 

 


For him, clowns and acrobats always resembled figures in religious paintings... The evolution of the circus works... reflects a gradual clouding of his worldview, and the circus performers now gave way to the prophet or sage in his work—a figure into whom Chagall poured his anxiety as Europe darkened, and he could no longer rely on the lumiére-liberté of France for inspiration.[9]: 337 

Chagall described his love of circus people:

Why am I so touched by their makeup and grimaces? With them I can move toward new horizons... Chaplin seeks to do in film what I am trying to do in my paintings. He is perhaps the only artist today I could get along with without having to say a single word.

^^^^from Wikipedia

Fresca chose Marc Chagall circus for Toys recreated art. so many to choose from, his work , prolific and appealing on all levels! 

The orphans wanted to do one so they did, sort of. 


   That was this morning. They have abandoned the project thinking that it is good enough and oh so accurate!  Chagall is so interesting, his work amazing, the orphans all want to marry him but I told them the sad news that he was deceased. They looked incredulous , Nat stating, " Well, at least he is not DEAD!"  They all agreed.

 And by "Marry" the orphans  mean "Merry", because of course no one would ever want to get marriaged, they know everything!To play with Chagall and throw paint around- filling a wall! that would be fun.




 

7 comments:

  1. Pssst! Hey, lady, is that pale lady holding an ax near her crotch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry me! Merry me!
    Linda Sue & Orphans---your art makes me trill little songs of joy--tra la, tra la--and fall about with JOY!
    Mlle Clavell as the Fortune Teller, the feather-boaed acrobat, all are delightful!
    Did you paint the dotted background?
    Thank you.
    Also for the Chagall quotes.
    You said it was okay to post your stuff on IG, so I went ahead and posted this there at ToysRecreatePaintings---let me know if that's not okay--I will take it down immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is not only OK I am thrilled that you would post it! Thanks you for liking what the orphans have done, it is so much fun to play.

      Delete
  3. I think Chagall would highly approve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ask him because he is not dead, according to the orphans.

      Delete
  4. No words, apart from delight. This post delights me so much!

    ReplyDelete