My Blog List

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Today , autumn , Frida and toy art

I ran around this morning doing this and doing that- took some things  to Emily, Flora was napping- I said, "lets wake her up!"Emily looked at me like I was insane, Emily got three hours of sleep last night- I did not get to see Flora today. 

I went to a Christmas sale at the assistance league, bought some rather nice things for the table. I will be laying the table using pretty sparkly paper plates with chargers again- no dishwasher in my kitchen, but more than that - no dishes.  We eat out of little bowls mostly. I donated my Grandmother's dishes to the assistance league. A once a year dinner at our house does not warrant china. It is about the company,  and the food of course. I hope that I can pull it off again. losing my knack for cooking mass quantities for the masses...
 


Seven deer in the yard, and about twelve raccoons . They get along with one another. Raccoons do not eat flowers and leaves- they much prefer Kirkland's kibble. It must be good for them, they are shiny and plump and so pretty.  There are three little babies, I hope they make it through the winter- Cost co to the rescue!

Fresca has invented a cool activity-  re-create famous paintings using toys. Last week was Girl with a pearl earring. This week is Frida.


I think that Bert is a far better Frida than Ms. Clavel but I must admit , her parrot and monkey are quite good.  Girl with a pearl  last week.

Must have toys available, must have imagination and stuff on hand. Fresca posts them on Instagram but I don't ZUCK, dropped everything ZUCKY . Blogworld is my only sosh. Small , narrow and limited but an  outlet that amuses and feels more personal, I know you all.  I have met the very best people in Blogland- THE VERY BEST!!! Go look in the mirror- you are it!
 


13 comments:

  1. And your blog is the way I get to Fresca now. For the life of me, I cannot resolve whatever is going on. We're both on Blogger...I can't get her in my feed; I cannot get her comments to post and not etherize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you can get there, Blogger moves in mysterious ways. I don't know how any of this works.

      Delete
  2. I like the toys version of paintings. The deer are looking very pretty, they will have winter coats soon. Emily is right, do not wake a sleeping baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JOANNE: I know! I don't know what it is! I can see your blog, but not comment...
    We are in some vortex. Will jsut have to meet up here, I guess! :)

    LINDA SUE: You are genius at toys!!!
    Ernie as Frida--what a hoot!

    My favorite quote of the year: "Let's wake her up!"
    That is so sweet and funny (and yet I'm not surprised it's the last thing Emily wanted to hear, of course). hahahahaaa

    Those deer's mouths look so pretty and soft, I would like to touch one.
    But the deer also seem a bit like marauders, coming in such large groups...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus it is rutting season and the boy deer are kind of crazy right now.
      Bert makes a fine Frida, though his conservative nature took over quickly and he abandoned the idea .

      Delete
    2. Ha-ha, see, I didn't even know it was Bert under there (though you'd said in the post), so convincing was he as FRIDA! :)

      Delete
  4. Girl with a pearl is great!
    Will run into you one of these days, I took books from your close little library just yesterday!
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl with pearl is - predictable- but BERT!!! He was just the guy for the job! The little library is supposedly haunted. It is where the local ghost buster go ( as well as just about all of the old buildings in Fairhaven)

      Delete
  5. I love that the raccoon and deer are so safe in your neighborhood. Really sweet. And I totally agree with you about blogland. The very best people here, plus no Zuck and no Elon. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social media that is for profit and politics puts me off, Zuck -a-tron is creepy, Elon , goes without saying so yes I think that we are safe from evil doers here in blogland, where the deer and raccoon play.

      Delete
  6. Keep posting! One of the best parts of my day. :-D. Love your backyard zoo. Loved Bertie Kahlo.

    Love, Leenie.
    PS went to hairdresser for first time in 10 months. Needed a neck trim. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neck trim!!! that is the best news of the day!! I am so glad you actually stay tuned to Lady M's Curlers- Just a hand full come my way! Stay well Leenie! Make your beautiful art- Christmas is right around the corner- folks will be wanting watercolours, pretty sure!Xx

      Delete